Skin Care and Friends

ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
I have told two people about my new skincare routine (because this is stuff we discuss along with haircare, life, etc.).

When I mention that I wait 30 minutes after applying the BHA, they exclaim, oh my goodness...i could never do that! Or they gasp, when I tell the price of the products and remark, those products are really expensive. Yet, they have purchased other expensive skincare products. Sometimes, i feel this way when talking with them: :argue: I don't get it. Has this happened to anyone?
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Windflower wrote: »
    I have told two people about my new skincare routine (because this is stuff we discuss along with haircare, life, etc.).

When I mention that I wait 30 minutes after applying the BHA, they exclaim, oh my goodness...i could never do that! Or they gasp, when I tell the price of the products and remark, those products are really expensive. Yet, they have purchased other expensive skincare products. Sometimes, i feel this way when talking with them: :argue: I don't get it. Has this happened to anyone?

Kinda like talking curly-haircare. When I first went CG, I was excited and told friends that I gave up shampoo. They were truly horrified. I'm not about to make the same mistake and talk about my skincare routines. They would think I'm nuts for the amount of time and/or money I spend. And these are people who spend $100 and 10 hours a month on their nails without blinking an eye. I figure since I don't get my nails done, and I rarely go to the hairdresser, I'm just using my hygiene budget differently than they are. We all have our priorities.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    good point, RCW. i should have learned when sharing the curly girl routine, but i didn't. :tongue5:
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    When I sat down and wrote out everything I use, along with the cost, it only came to about $130.00 to get started. That's nothing compared to department store products or the Obagi and other lines that the dermatologist carry. And that's for a 3-4 month supply.
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    very true...the products last almost a half a year.

no more sharing on my end...:tongue5:

on a different note, it is nice not having to stand in front of the skin care shelves wondering what to buy and hoping the fragrance isn't too strong or hoping that it works.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    When I sat down and wrote out everything I use, along with the cost, it only came to about $130.00 to get started. That's nothing compared to department store products or the Obagi and other lines that the dermatologist carry. And that's for a 3-4 month supply.

That's absolutely true. The department store and spa product lines are lots more expensive...and they do nothing, so you get no value for your money. Even drugstore cleansers can add up since you need to use tons of it. My bottle of PSF cleanser is from last August, and it's only half empty. It'll last nearly a year I figure...for $20! That's not bad. I could go through a $5 bottle of drugstore cleanser every month...and waste $60 and have wrecked skin to show for it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file