CurlTalk

Driving two states away...

ajaneajane Posts: 323Registered Users
The nearest Ulta and Trader Joe's is 8 hours away, and we are going next week! I am hoping to go to Trader Joes and Ulta to pick out some products we don't have here. What do you all recommend? I stay away from cones and proteins. Thanks!

Comments

• CSteen85CSteen85 Posts: 94Registered Users
    ajane wrote: »
    The nearest Ulta and Trader Joe's is 8 hours away, and we are going next week! I am hoping to go to Trader Joes and Ulta to pick out some products we don't have here. What do you all recommend? I stay away from cones and proteins. Thanks!

MOP at Ulta! Also, maybe AOHB if they have it at TJ's! Have fun :) I definitely take living in NYC for granted :sad8:
    2C/3A-F-iii

Pics (pw: growout):
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FCsteen85%2F" class="Popup

CG since March 2nd, 2008

Currently Using:
    Co-Wash: DevaCurl No Poo
    Conditioner: DevaCurl One Condition or AOHR not completely rinsed out
    Styling (any of the following): AG Re:coil, MOP C-Curl, La Bella Lots of Curls Gel, Angell, KCKT and/or KCCC, AG Mousse-Gel, PM Conditioning or Extra Body Sculpting Foam
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Trader Joes has their own conditioner - Nourish I think (they also have a spa one). Very inexpensive and a decent conditioner.

Ulta has alot of stuff - I went to my 1st one about 2 weeks ago and I think I was wandering around with my mouth open.

Have fun - I feel your pain about not having things close but most of my drives are an hour!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • ajaneajane Posts: 323Registered Users
    Thank you for your suggestions! I will have limited time to just wander and drool (I am saving that for IKEA), so I am writing down those products so I can go in with an agenda.

I am also hoping to find a curl cream at Ulta, what is a good one?
  • mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Posts: 1,271Registered Users
    Trader Joe's Nourish has proteins, so you may want to stay away from that. TJ's Refresh conditioner is good for co-washing; it's protein-free, too. You can also find cheap aloe at TJ's.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    ajane wrote: »
    Thank you for your suggestions! I will have limited time to just wander and drool (I am saving that for IKEA), so I am writing down those products so I can go in with an agenda.

I am also hoping to find a curl cream at Ulta, what is a good one?

You can check to see if they carry the MOP C defining cream.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~