Help! my hair is a mess!

rosyrosy Posts: 76Registered Users
I started washing my hair just with conditioner,but one with silicone(stupid of me:banghead:)I got a bunch of build up. I washed it with shampoo.Now, my hair looks shinier and not greasy, but the curl is nearly gone!!Did I dry it out? What should I do?
This is what it looks like now

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj10/fel91jen/IMG_3505.jpg

2b/c (the sides and back)/3a (from the ears forward :laughing7:)

pw- wavygirl

Comments

• meaganmeagan Posts: 8Registered Users
    sorry, i am a newbie and could someone please tell me what build up is? ... yeah, im a dork :banghead:
  • rosyrosy Posts: 76Registered Users
    From what I understand it is a accumulation of products on the scalp when you don't shampoo.

pw- wavygirl
  • southerngirlcurlssoutherngirlcurls Posts: 10Registered Users
    Have you tried an ACV (applecider vinager) rinse? I've heard lemon works but I've never tried it cause I have redhair. Hopeful one of those will work for your hair. If the build up is on your scalp try head and shoulders condintioner it works WONDERS on my scalp. Just rub it into your scalp with the pads of your fingers and rinse with warm water then rinse with cold to seal the shaft. It may take a few days to get your scalp all the way clean.
    Best wishes

:angel12:
    Type 3A
    Natually redhair and proud of it:angel12:
    Still looking for the right product
  • rosyrosy Posts: 76Registered Users
    Have you tried an ACV (applecider vinager) rinse? I've heard lemon works but I've never tried it cause I have redhair. Hopeful one of those will work for your hair. If the build up is on your scalp try head and shoulders condintioner it works WONDERS on my scalp. Just rub it into your scalp with the pads of your fingers and rinse with warm water then rinse with cold to seal the shaft. It may take a few days to get your scalp all the way clean.
    Best wishes

:angel12:[/QUOTE

hi thanks ,but I tried the baking soda rinse in the curly girl book yesterday, and the results were amazing!

pw- wavygirl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file