Are these products CG-approved?

tmmycattmmycat Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 256
Are these products CG-safe? I didn't see anything ending in -cone, -conol, or sulfate. But there are some ingredients I don't recognize in my conditioners and I just wanted to make sure.

1. Jane Carter Wrap & Roll

2. Jane Carter Nourish & Shine

3. various oils/butters - jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, shea butter

4. EO Chamomile & Honey Conditioner
EO Organic Herbal Blend [Purified Water, Organic Chamomile* (Matricaria Recutita), Organic Aloe Vera* (Aloe Barbadensis), Organic Calendula* (Calendula Officinalis), Organic White Tea* (Camellia Sinensis), Organic Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) Root*, Organic Comfrey* (Symphytum Officinale), Organic Marshmallow* (Althaea Officinalis), and Organic Dandelion* (Taraxacum Officinale)], Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, EO Essential Oil Blend, Honey, Coconut (Coccus Nucifera) Oil, Amino Acids, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Polysorbate 60, Behenalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Guar Hydropropyltrimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate.*Certified Organic

5. Desert Essence Tea Tree Conditioner
Purified Water, Cetyl Alcohol (From Vegetable Source), Vegetable Palmitate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Aloe Extract, Tea Tree Oil, Panthenol (B5), Kukui Nut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Rosemary Extract, Yucca Extract, Methylparaben, Essential Oil Blend

Anyway, that's my arsenal of products so far. I am starting CG today ... wish me luck!! If any of these ingredients aren't CG-approved let me know and I will return them and get something different.
shoulder-length wavy - no shampoo/no cones
currently experimenting with water-only washing

Comments

• eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    The two conditioners look CG. The oils and butters are, too. I don't know about the Jane Carter stuff.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Registered Users Posts: 3,135
    I found the Jane Carter ingredients: http://www.janecartersolution.com/ingredients.html

The Nourish and Shine looks totally cool, but the Wrap and Roll has a preservative Phenoxyethanol that I can't figure out. Wikipedia describes it as "moderately soluble in water." It's probably a small enough amount, and it is somewhat soluble, so it would probably be OK.

I loled that it has henna. :)
  • tmmycattmmycat Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 256
    Thanks for your reply! Sounds like I am good to go although I will try to read up more on phenoxyethanol.

Day 1 went well! My "last supper" shampoo was last night. This morning I completely drenched all of my hair and scalp in sweet almond oil and jojoba oil and let it sit for about an hour. Then I washed the oil out with conditioner and let it air dry. My hair feels so soft and nice! and not oily at all as I would have thought after putting so much oil in it and then not shampooing. I could get used to this.
    shoulder-length wavy - no shampoo/no cones
    currently experimenting with water-only washing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file