CurlTalk

MOP-C Curl Defining Creme - I think I am in love!

curlygreekcurlygreek Posts: 231Registered Users
In my quest for a silicone-free hair product, I came across a thread on nc.com in which one of the members said that MOP-C was the closest thing to Curls Rock that she had found. I about peed myself because no silicone-free product had stood up to my beloved Curls Rock. I by chance stumbled across it at Bath and Body Works, and I was not going to pass up a chance to try it out.

I think I'm in love. As soon as I put it in my hands, I knew it was different than the other natural products I had tried. It had a very similar consistency to Curls Rock, which I know is what my hair needs. My coarse 3a hair does not respond well to gels or mousses, and most silicone-free curl cremes are too light and don't give me any hold. (ex. Biotera Curl Creme)

My hair isn't fully dry yet, but I can tell it is responding the same way as it did with Curls Rock. I have no frizz (which I would by now with other stuff), and I am a bit crunchy, but I can scrunch that right out.

I am so excited!! If I get second day hair from this stuff.. it might be my HG! :toothy7:
"The crazy starts deep within and just comes spiraling out the top!" ~ best curly hair quote

Comments

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    That is wonderful! I hope it works out great for you! I need to try this I think. I wonder if all bath and body works carry it or if it's just the flagship stores. Anyway, best of luck with it and I hope it works great when your hair dries! Keep us posted!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    :O a cream that provides definition and hold?? oh my! i guess i do need to try it. do you mind telling me how much it cost you?
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• curlygreekcurlygreek Posts: 231Registered Users
    It was $18.00 for a tube at Bath and Body Works. If you get it and you don't like it, you can return it. It's kind of expensive, but I didn't use anything else in my hair with it.

I'm all about paying $18 for one product after 3 years of paying $15 each for 3 w/ Curls Rock.

I'm going to go back and get the spray and try it with the creme.

p.s... my hair is dry, frizz free, and defined. yay!
    "The crazy starts deep within and just comes spiraling out the top!" ~ best curly hair quote
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users
    curlygreek wrote: »
    In my quest for a silicone-free hair product, I came across a thread on nc.com in which one of the members said that MOP-C was the closest thing to Curls Rock that she had found. I about peed myself because no silicone-free product had stood up to my beloved Curls Rock. I by chance stumbled across it at Bath and Body Works, and I was not going to pass up a chance to try it out.

I think I'm in love. As soon as I put it in my hands, I knew it was different than the other natural products I had tried. It had a very similar consistency to Curls Rock, which I know is what my hair needs. My coarse 3a hair does not respond well to gels or mousses, and most silicone-free curl cremes are too light and don't give me any hold. (ex. Biotera Curl Creme)

My hair isn't fully dry yet, but I can tell it is responding the same way as it did with Curls Rock. I have no frizz (which I would by now with other stuff), and I am a bit crunchy, but I can scrunch that right out.

I am so excited!! If I get second day hair from this stuff.. it might be my HG! :toothy7:
    Hooray :hello1::hello1::hello1:
    I know that I mentioned [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/MOP-C-Curl-Curl-Defining-Cream-p-918.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=modern-organic-products-csystem-ccurl-curl-defining-cream]Mop-C curl defining cream[/buylink] being similar to Curls Rock ... I used to use that in my silicone days as well. I am been raving about this product since I got a freebie from nc.com and was hoping that other curlies would have some success with it.

Is it not the most amazing product you've ever tried !!!

After I got the freebie, I went into a panic, because I couldn't find it locally and Bath&Body works doesn't ship to Canada. Msgiblet was kind enought to share this website with me ... www.sleekhair.com Their prices are better than any I've seen for the Mop-C, but of course you have to take the shipping into account. But if you can't buy it locally, it is always an option !

I seldom get 2nd day hair, but anytime I have - it has been after using this product. I've actually had strangers approach me to ask me what product I have in my hair.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
    Update on the hair... I literally rolled out of bed this morning and just had to do minimal frizz touch up. YAY!!! AND I even got a hair compliment yesterday.

That seals it. I'm taking all my other stuff back today. Product search is over! (well.. except for [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink].. i just HAVE to try that...) ;) But seriously though...I love this stuff. No second day is NOT an option for my.. I am FAR too lazy to get my hair wet everyday. Any product that gives me 2nd day hair wins in my book!

Mop-C = HG for me!
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    Oh dear, why oh, why do I read these posts?! I used to LOVE Curls Rock but it used to give me terrible buildup and my hair couldn't handle the frequent shampooing to get it out.
    And so the hunt begins!:evil1:
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Posts: 1,271Registered Users
    Dare I ask for ingredients?

ETA: holy crap, it's protein free. I hate all of you. :D
  • rejoicingcurlygirlrejoicingcurlygirl Posts: 654Registered Users
    :blob7:I love this stuff!!!!!:blob7:Thank you, thank you FrizzBgone :notworthy: I used it yesterday over a little CK and had the best hair day i have had in months, even though it was raining!!!! I got mine here:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beautystoredepot.com%2Fc%3DQRHRpk9Vk7rr8roF7pSwFaKUV%2Fcategory%2Fbrands.mop__modern_organic_products.mop_c_system%2F" class="Popup

They shipped quickly and the price seemed pretty good? And BTW just to entice all you pjs out there, it is cg AND protein free:wink:
    3A; I have HG products!
    Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
    DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
    Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
    Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
    Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
    PW: curlynow
  • kjwavykjwavy Posts: 362Registered Users
    rejoicingcurlygirl - is yours in the bottle with the pump or the tube? I found a couple in the bottle on ebay, but the name is Curl Enhancing (not Curl Defining) cream. I'm going to try it out today for the first time - can't wait!! So glad that you love it!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
    Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
    Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
    Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

Mine is a tube, but according to the web they are the same only the name is changed......
    3A; I have HG products!
    how much do you use per application? (how long do you think one bottle will last?)
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    It was $18.00 for a tube at Bath and Body Works. If you get it and you don't like it, you can return it. It's kind of expensive, but I didn't use anything else in my hair with it.

I'm all about paying $18 for one product after 3 years of paying $15 each for 3 w/ Curls Rock.

I'm going to go back and get the spray and try it with the creme.

p.s... my hair is dry, frizz free, and defined. yay!

must. have. this. :)
    On my list!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • MassCurlsMassCurls Posts: 272Registered Users
    I got some of this and have been using and LOVING it. I had to order it online (but only paid $14 for it). I love it so much that I ordered a few extra tubes just in case! I like it more than [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] and Regis Curl Lock Cream (which were my two faves prior to trying this). Great curl formation, great hold, no frizz, no buildup. Awesome stuff!
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Posts: 1,369Registered Users
    Just picked this up at Ulta for $18.00. Can't wait to try it out!!
    The ingredients are on NC.com curlproducts section:

Ingredients: Water (Aqua) (Eau), Steareth-21, Sorbitan Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-11 VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Ascorbyl Palmitate (*Vitamin C), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (*Vitamin C), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract**, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract**, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract**, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Disodium EDTA***, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil Caprylyl Glycol, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol. *Source, **Certified Organic, ***Food Grade.
    I don't think I see anything bad. AND NO PROTEIN!
    My PJ is definitely itching for this :toothy7:
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

kjwavy wrote: »
    rejoicingcurlygirl - is yours in the bottle with the pump or the tube? I found a couple in the bottle on ebay, but the name is Curl Enhancing (not Curl Defining) cream. I'm going to try it out today for the first time - can't wait!! So glad that you love it!!
    Mine is a tube, but according to the web they are the same only the name is changed......

I think the Curl ENHANCING cream has been discontinued. They have changed it to the Curl Defining Cream. I never tried the enhancing cream, but was told by one of the stores that carried the line that it was one of their best sellers. If you were able to get it at a good price, it would likely be worth trying ... and maybe stocking up. They didn't know whether they would get the defining cream in; I'm really hoping - it would be so nice not to have to pay shipping.

I can't say how long a tube would last, because I rotate my products all the time ... I've had mine for a couple of months now, but I only use it once a week (twice max). It is quite thick, so I wouldn't think that you would need to use as much of it as you do other products.

The other thing is that if it gives you second day hair, that is a savings right there !!

It is definitely more expensive than some of the other products, but if I was a one product girl, this would be my HG for sure.
    :occasion9: Hooray for frizz free curls !!!!
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
    FrizzBgone wrote: »
    I think the Curl ENHANCING cream has been discontinued. They have changed it to the Curl Defining Cream. I never tried the enhancing cream, but was told by one of the stores that carried the line that it was one of their best sellers. If you were able to get it at a good price, it would likely be worth trying ... and maybe stocking up. They didn't know whether they would get the defining cream in; I'm really hoping - it would be so nice not to have to pay shipping.

I can't say how long a tube would last, because I rotate my products all the time ... I've had mine for a couple of months now, but I only use it once a week (twice max). It is quite thick, so I wouldn't think that you would need to use as much of it as you do other products.

The other thing is that if it gives you second day hair, that is a savings right there !!

It is definitely more expensive than some of the other products, but if I was a one product girl, this would be my HG for sure.
    :occasion9: Hooray for frizz free curls !!!!

See, this is what I don't get about these hair product companies. If it's one of your BEST SELLERS why discontiue it?!!?:angry7:. DUH!
    Anyhoo, I was on a mission to find this today and was at the local mall and picked it up at Bath & Body Works. I'm do for a poo and the works today so I'll give it a try and see how it goes. I'm afraid I won't get the results everyone else is. I have the type of hair that seems to hate everything everyone else on here loves. Go figure!:sad8:

Experimenting with BRHG

• talltwinmomtalltwinmom Posts: 95Registered Users
    Well I could just kick myself. I was at BBW today to get this. I tested a bit in my hands, then on my hair. Seemed good. Then I looked at the price and about flipped. $18.00 was too much. I use so much stuff now I couldn't justify it. Now I see that maybe I wouldn't need all the other stuff. I hate to go to the mall, so who knows when I'll get some. I'll be out of my current stuff in a couple of weeks, so maybe I'll go back then.
    3a/3b thin, just to the shoulders Modified CG 3/06; still working on a routine de jour
    I think that the curl defining cream and curl enhancing cream are the same product just renamed. At least that is what it says here:

[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/MOP-C-Curl-Curl-Defining-Cream-p-918.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=modern-organic-products-csystem-ccurl-curl-defining-cream]MOP C-System C-Curl Curl Defining Cream[/buylink] 5.1oz.

Now in new packaging from C-Curl Curl Enhancing Cream, same great product, just a new look!

MOP C-System C-Curl Curl Enhancing Cream is a unique curl enhancing cream to provide smooth separation without residual tack. Maintains curl throughout the day while protecting against frizz. Citrus infused for antioxidant support. UV shields preserve color while antioxidants shield hair from the elements.
    3A; I have HG products!
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,682Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You won't be on your own if you don't like this Magoo, I absolutely hated it. Far and away the worst thing I've ever put in my hair (and there have been many!). It made my hair feel coated and my curls all stringy and frizzy. And don't even get me started on the smell which I found strangely stomach churning (scents don't usually bother me). I threw it away, after about 3 tries, despite it's price - usually hang on to things and use them on
    pony-tail days, but I couldn't even do that this time. Yuck!
    3b in South Australia.
    Starmie wrote: »
    You won't be on your own if you don't like this Magoo, I absolutely hated it. Far and away the worst thing I've ever put in my hair (and there have been many!). It made my hair feel coated and my curls all stringy and frizzy. And don't even get me started on the smell which I found strangely stomach churning (scents don't usually bother me). I threw it away, after about 3 tries, despite it's price - usually hang on to things and use them on
    get it out of the trash, darnit! i will take it off your hands!!!
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

Starmie wrote: »

That's too bad ... I hate when that happens. I experienced the same thing with the Devacurl products - I couldn't get them to work for me at all. I've put them in the back of my cupboard to try them again in the summer, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Just for everyone else's info ... if you plan on stocking up on it, /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sleekhair.com%2F1666.html" class="Popup has it for $15 a bottle.
  • ajprinceajprince Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have hair type 3a (very thick, very coarse, very long) and have yet to find a good product that works. My hair is pretty much all curly with some parts that are wavy. Most products that i've tried either make it curly with some crunch (and of course no second day hair), or they make it soft, but have no hold. I dont like products that require me washing my hair everyday (very bad on my hair). For those of you that have tried this product...does it work well with really thick hair?
    I have pretty thick hair, and mine is coarse as well. That's why I like the cream based stuff. But most has not enough hold for me. That's why I like Mop-C. This is going to sound odd, but it almost has a "glue-like" consistency - which is how I know when a creme is going to work on my hair or not. Since I don't know what your hair likes or doesn't like, I can't say for sure if this would work for you, but it works on my hair and mine sounds pretty similar.

I also refuse to stick w/ a product that won't give me second day hair. I am FAR too lazy to wash it, plus I HATE waiting for it to dry.
    shellynot wrote: »
    how much do you use per application? (how long do you think one bottle will last?)

For my thick, mid-back 3a hair, I use 2 quarter size blobs. And that is PLENTY for me! You only really need a thin coat. If you use too much, (for me at least...) it weights down the hair, can look producty and gets crunchy. With the Curls Rock, I only used about 1.5 pumps.. I think I might use just a tad more Mop-C.

I know $18 is expensive for a hair product - but I think of it this way: I paid $45 for 3 products when using Curls Rock. Now I only pay $18 for one that I don't have to use anything else with. I guess I'm odd though - I would gladly pay the money to have something that works really well with my hair than pay less for something that gives me mediocre results. Plus, if you get it from BBW and you hate it, take it back! I always make sure I can return stuff when I buy it. I don't want to get stuck w/ something I hate! :)

I would just like to add in that I am terribly sorry if you get Mop-C after reading this and it doesn't work for you! That's what happened to me with Jessicurl. I would love for everyone to get my same results though!! :love5:

ETA: The one I bought is in the orange tube /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mopproducts.com%2Fpdf%2FC-curl_defining_cream.pdf" class="Popup
    I have pretty thick hair, and mine is coarse as well. That's why I like the cream based stuff. But most has not enough hold for me. That's why I like Mop-C. This is going to sound odd, but it almost has a "glue-like" consistency.
    shellynot wrote: »

For my thick, mid-back 3a hair, I use 2 quarter size blobs. And that is PLENTY for me! You only really need a thin coat. If you use too much, (for me at least...) it weights down the hair, can look producty and gets crunchy. With the Curls Rock, I only used about 1.5 pumps.. I think I might use just a tad more Mop-C.

I know $18 is expensive for a hair product - but I think of it this way: I paid $45 for 3 products when using Curls Rock. Now I only pay $18 for one that I don't have to use anything else with. I guess I'm odd though - I would gladly pay the money to have something that works really well with my hair than pay less for something that gives me mediocre results. Plus, if you get it from BBW and you hate it, take it back! I always make sure I can return stuff when I buy it. I don't want to get stuck w/ something I hate! :)

I would just like to add in that I am terribly sorry if you get Mop-C after reading this and it doesn't work for you! That's what happened to me with Jessicurl. I would love for everyone to get my same results though!! :love5:

ETA: The one I bought is in the orange tube /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mopproducts.com%2Fpdf%2FC-curl_defining_cream.pdf" class="Popup

The glue like consistency is the perfect way to describe it. It reminds me of the Elmers glue they use in school - the white stuff in the bottle.

I also don't need a lot of this stuff. I seldom get 2nd day hair, but when I have gotten it, I have either used this stuff or Joiwhip.

I've also spent a fortune on products that I ended up passing on to someone else. If you can get a place that lets you bring it back that is a real bonus.

I love love love this stuff !!! I really hope it works for you!
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Darn it! I knew I should not have opened this thread. I have seen some other mentions about it but had managed to hold off the PJ and now I see this and now I really want to try it. I definitely like being a one product girl (got tired of mixing and layering, etc) and I have been trying to find something that I could get locally that would work as well as my beloved [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Confident-Coils-Styling-Solution-p-116.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-confident-coils-styling-solution]Jessicurl CCSS[/buylink]. I do really like the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Confident-Coils-Styling-Solution-p-116.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-confident-coils-styling-solution]CCSS[/buylink] but it starts to get expensive when you use alot of it like I do and then when you add in the shipping charges...well you get the idea. Now I will be making a trip to the mall tomorrow to see if my B&BW has it. And I already have another product on the way to try that I got in a swap. Darn you PJ!!!! But it's all good :thumright:
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
    Darn it! I knew I should not have opened this thread. I have seen some other mentions about it but had managed to hold off the PJ and now I see this and now I really want to try it. I definitely like being a one product girl (got tired of mixing and layering, etc) and I have been trying to find something that I could get locally that would work as well as my beloved [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Confident-Coils-Styling-Solution-p-116.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-confident-coils-styling-solution]Jessicurl CCSS[/buylink]. I do really like the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Confident-Coils-Styling-Solution-p-116.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-confident-coils-styling-solution]CCSS[/buylink] but it starts to get expensive when you use alot of it like I do and then when you add in the shipping charges...well you get the idea. Now I will be making a trip to the mall tomorrow to see if my B&BW has it. And I already have another product on the way to try that I got in a swap. Darn you PJ!!!! But it's all good :thumright:

just remember, if you hate it, you can always take it back ;)
  • mixed_beauty85mixed_beauty85 Posts: 421Registered Users
    im glad that u guys are having success with this product, this is actually one product i need to pick up the next time i go to the beauty supply place. now do u guys air dry ur hair with this stuff or do u diffuse? do u use just this product alone or do u use in conjunction with something else?
  • jennifermariajennifermaria Posts: 179Registered Users
    Enablers LOL! I had just bought a tube of Recoil when I came across this thread and so of course, I just had to go out and buy a tube of this. I can't wait to try it this morning!!

Jennifer
    2A or 3A, depending on the day...
    Always experimenting! Current go-to routine: Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo, Pantene Curls Conditioner, Bumble & Bumble Holding Foam, Aussie Aussome Volume Gel
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users

just remember, if you hate it, you can always take it back ;)

So true! According to the Mop website, they list it as being carried by Trade Secret in my mall so I will go there tomorrow since I have something to take back. At least that way I can justify buying another hair product :blob7: I will check B&BW too just in case but I didn't see that particular one on their website (they carry some of the other products) and it wasn't listed on the Mop website as a place that carries it.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town