Hair Board Frequently Asked Questions

CurlyCrlyCurlyCrly Posts: 2Registered Users
Gretchen and Michelle,

Would it be possible to have a Hair FAQ topic, perhaps located under the General Discussion on Curly Hair topic?

NC members have been trying to think of ways to alleviate the server load. Since some questions are asked repeatedly, such as "What is the CG routine?", perhaps a common questions topic would be helpful.

Also, if it was a topic that only certain people could post to, that would decrease the inevitable clutter that would occur if it was unrestricted.

Thanks,

CurlyCrly
Hair Type: 4a/3b, Thick, Medium, CG since 10/1/02

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CurlyCrly:
    ... if it was a topic that only certain people could post to, that would decrease the inevitable clutter that would occur if it was unrestricted.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

this part is a really good idea.

on most Usenet groups, a FAQ is posted weekly or monthly, depending on traffic.

a moderator could post a weekly FAQ on Mondays that could be locked so there would be no replies to it. and then people could be directed to search for the FAQ for those questions that are asked repeatedly. icon_smile.gif
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • CurlyCrlyCurlyCrly Posts: 2Registered Users
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rouquinne:

this part is a really good idea.

icon_smile.gif
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rouquinne:

on most Usenet groups, a FAQ is posted weekly or monthly, depending on traffic.

a moderator could post a weekly FAQ on Mondays that could be locked so there would be no replies to it. and then people could be directed to search for the FAQ for those questions that are asked repeatedly. icon_smile.gif
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a thought. People can notify the moderators to suggest some topics to be added to the FAQ.
    Hair Type: 4a/3b, Thick, Medium, CG since 10/1/02
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I can pay someone a small fee (maybe a free t-shirt and hat or something) to compile said FAQ. It's a great idea, but Michelle and I are swamped.
    Interested curlies, email me, please.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file