eggs for growth...

mikievoramikievora Registered Users Posts: 83
i was reading over at long hair care forum, and came across a thread on eggs. apparently eggs, beans and other high protein foods are great for fast hair growth. several folks on the thread seemed to confirm that this is indeed the case. anyway, im giving it a shot. im going to up my egg/nut/beans intake to see if that helps with speeding things up. if it does, i will def share the results. here is the link:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10345

**anyway, isnt atkins all about high protein? this would be a good way to help get in shape for summer, while growing out your hair.
Frizz Central!

Comments

• relaxedmess!relaxedmess! Registered Users Posts: 98
    mikievora wrote: »
    i was reading over at long hair care forum, and came across a thread on eggs. apparently eggs, beans and other high protein foods are great for fast hair growth. several folks on the thread seemed to confirm that this is indeed the case. anyway, im giving it a shot. im going to up my egg/nut/beans intake to see if that helps with speeding things up. if it does, i will def share the results. here is the link:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10345

**anyway, isnt atkins all about high protein? this would be a good way to help get in shape for summer, while growing out your hair.
    atkins? what r u talkin about!? please let me no cuz i need to get in shape that's for sure!
    im a 3b... and have
    very weird layers...

event.png

really cant wait to grow them out. ♥
  • mikievoramikievora Registered Users Posts: 83
    the atkins diet. ive never done it, but you can google it. from what ive heard, you cut out carbs, and up your protein intake...
    Frizz Central!
  • afrodominican1afrodominican1 Registered Users Posts: 650
    be careful with the egss because eating them hard boiled can raise your chances of having high cholesterol. they are very high in cholesterol.
    BC: 2/16/08
    Second BC: 12/22/10
    Dreads!!! 2/16/2014
    Third BC:3/22/16
    Goal Length: waist length

Princess Tiara, Guardian of the Crystal Heart of the Indigo Seas, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • mikievoramikievora Registered Users Posts: 83
    thank you ad1! i didnt think about that. anyway, no decisive conclusions about whether or not its actually working, but it has got me to consistently eat breakfast now.
    Frizz Central!
  • relaxedmess!relaxedmess! Registered Users Posts: 98
    well snice hair is made out of protein, it makes snice if you get results from eating food high in protein..i did not know eggs are high in cholesterol!
    im a 3b... and have
    very weird layers...

event.png

really cant wait to grow them out. ♥
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Registered Users Posts: 918
    Your hair does grow faster when you up the intake of protein in your diet. Just make sure to seek lean, sources of protein:
    Egg whites vs Whole Eggs
    Legumes
    Beans
    Baked/Grilled chicken or fish etc.

rockin' to the tune of her own beat...

comic-p.jpg
  • missdirectionmissdirection Registered Users Posts: 2
    there's actually a lot of research out there stating that eggs do not raise bad cholesterol levels, unless you're eating more than 2 eggs a day you should be fine!
  • net5.onet5.o Registered Users Posts: 12
    i should give it a try, i need some help growing out.
    I'm a lovable
    4a
    poof
    :wink:
  • Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Registered Users Posts: 3,135
    Every time I see this thread, I think it is going to be about putting the eggs in your hair. Eating them is probably better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file