Annoying Curly Hair Problem

OverCurlOverCurl Posts: 35Registered Users
Hey, I'm a 18 year old guy that is cursed by curls as I always like to say it. I have no idea what "type" of curls I have, but they aren't frizzy with the stuff I use. They are defined (too much sometimes) but not really small tight curls. At the same time my hair is a little wavy as well. The problem is that my hair is very soft in some places, but scratchy in other places. It's hard to explain, I think it might be at the ends of my hair. I can't tell whether its just that my hair just hasn't grown out all the way yet or if it will be a continuing issue (my hair is only about 2.5 inches right now). I use John Frieda curl shampoo, conditioner and that spray stuff (not really hairspray per se though). I found out that if I let it air dry it does frizz at all, although it takes about 2 hours to get completely dry. So if anybody has any advice on how to fix this problem, I'd be grateful. Keep in mind that I'm a guy and I don't know anything about hair, so try to explain it inside and out. Thanks :). I might put up a pic so you have a better idea of what my hair looks like.

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I've heard that John Frieda has quite a bit silicone in it. They could be causing the soft/hard problem you're describing.

How often are you washing? It may help to wash less frequently and condition on the days you don't.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • OverCurlOverCurl Posts: 35Registered Users
    Actually I started the John Freida stuff only about a week ago, so I don't think that is the cause of the problem. I wash my hair almost everyday, although I did shampoo today and it's a little softer, but there is still some scratchy spots. How often should I shampoo my hair?
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Everyone is different with shampooing. But with curly hair less is more. I don't shampoo at all.

If you post your query in General you may get more responses. If you know your hair type, you could go to the type forum to get additional info from previous posts.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file