CG products for straight hair?

curly01curly01 Registered Users Posts: 284 Curl Neophyte
Would the CG routine be ok for straight hair, or would it get too oily? Thinking about trying it for the rest of my family so we can all use the same products - but I'm the only curly head!
Maybe if they "No" or "Lo" Pooed daily, or at least more often than I do?

Comments

• hopetocurlhopetocurl Registered Users Posts: 1,280
    My husband uses whatever shampoo he finds in the shower. He used my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Low-Poo-p-466.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-lowpoo]DevaCare Low-poo[/buylink]...asked why it didn't make bubbles. He also used my DevaCurl One. My daughter took over my Burts Bees stuff and got super shiny, bouncy hair. No one has said anything about not liking the ingredients. I figure that not stripping off the natural oils has got to be good for anyone's head.

I say if it makes life easier, then just do it. They aren't really going to notice until they use a sulfate poo somewhere and notice that it makes their hair feel yucky.
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Registered Users Posts: 755
    My daughter (age 6) has pin straight hair to her waist. I co-wash her, and her hair is very healthy, shiny, and pretty! I do use shampoo on her once in a great while, but co washing works beautifully for her. I never have to deal with detangling nightmares, which is really nice.
  • Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Registered Users Posts: 3,135
    One friend I have converted to co-washing has some curl but wears it short enough at the moment that it doesn't seem curly. She loves it and is telling people about it and is telling them to touch her hair to defy the idea that it would be greasy, and they are all shocked that it's soft and not greasy at all. She did mention feeling the need to use a little shampoo mixed with conditioner after a few weeks, but I reckon that's normal especially for hair worn short enough that it doesn't curl much.
  • curly01curly01 Registered Users Posts: 284 Curl Neophyte
    I think I'll just switch everything over, and let the family know they don't have to use a ton just because they aren't getting the lather they're used to. Looking forward to seeing the results!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file