I bit the bullet and used my Henna!

Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Registered Users Posts: 1,834 Curl Connoisseur
I just wanted to say that this is THE BEST COLOR I've ever had, and I've done more reds, browns, non-descripts than I care to admit! I've had the products all ready to go for a couple of months, but was so concerned with the mess and the tangling (chamomile and rooibos tea, folks), that I put it off. Finally, last Friday after I put the kiddos to bed, I placed everything out orderly, did my mix, clarified my hair, slapped it on, wrapped myself up like leftovers and slept in it. I even did my brows, but chickened out-got up at 4am to wash my eyebrows off, but I still have a wonderful auburnish tint to them. No stains (can't say enough about Sally's ear cover/protector thingys), no major mess, easy...And no curl loss at all. I will probably do another full head application, and just roots and/or gloss going forward. Thanks for letting me share.:toothy7:

Comments

• DoodlesDoodles Registered Users Posts: 1,984
    Glad you're pleased with the results! Funny you should post this because my teacher mentioned Henna last night in my haircoloring class. My first thought was Lucy carrying out giant jugs of the stuff to throw out the window when she thought the the apartment building was on fire. :tongue3:
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Registered Users Posts: 3,135
    I'm glad you like it, I love mine too! :)

Doodles, I have to know what the teacher said about it in coloring class!
  • ChrysovyiChrysovyi Registered Users Posts: 110 Curl Neophyte
    I'm so glad it worked well for you! It took me ages to bite the bullet too, but I'm glad I did.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    Doodles, I have to know what the teacher said about it in coloring class!

Yes, do tell....what's the beauty teacher's opinion of henna?
  • DoodlesDoodles Registered Users Posts: 1,984
    She was telling a story of a woman who used it. I guess what it does is coat the hair shaft, more and more with each use (permanent dyes actually penetrate to the core) and it makes it really hard for permanent hair dye to get through. So basically they don't play well together.
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file