ORS twist and lock

lafeistlafeist Registered Users Posts: 72 Curl Connoisseur
I keep reading about ors twist and lock gel. Where can I buy it? Is it heavy? My hair is not coarse.
Mostly 3B with some 3C. Faves :Sap Moss co and a weekly Sap Moss shampoo.

Comments

• DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Registered Users Posts: 2,729
    You can buy it at any beauty supply shop, most drug stores, or any place that sells "ethnic hair products". Its not heavy and a little goes a long way.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398
    I've got to try this some day. How does it compare to Fantasia IC gel with sparklelites?
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
    Wow, I don't know if they are comparable. When I used Fantasia, it had major hold and it was super heavy and thick. I haven't used L&T as an all out gel, and I don't think I would with the length and thickness to my hair, I need a lot of hold to keep things in check on my head :lol: I know sweetpeacali has used it as a hair gel and said there wasn't a lot of hold, just softness, but she liked the results either way. I prefer using it as 2nd day frizz taming balm.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
    Wow, I don't know if they are comparable. When I used Fantasia, it had major hold and it was super heavy and thick. I haven't used L&T as an all out gel, and I don't think I would with the length and thickness to my hair, I need a lot of hold to keep things in check on my head :lol: I know sweetpeacali has used it as a hair gel and said there wasn't a lot of hold, just softness, but she liked the results either way. I prefer using it as 2nd day frizz taming balm.

Ahhh, this is really helpful! So I won't use it for hold, but for softness.... I hear you on needing hold for, ahem, control :twisted:
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."

Curltopia wrote:

Ahhh, this is really helpful! So I won't use it for hold, but for softness.... I hear you on needing hold for, ahem, control :twisted:

UH HUH! :lol: I washed my hair yesterday and left it productless because I was planning dying my hair today (guess tomorrow now) and O...M...G. :shock: Out of CONTROL! LOL!

But yes, when I use it for 2nd day hair...it makes my rough frizz turn into curls and softens them. It feels a bit crunchy as it dries but it actually de-crunches on its own after a few minutes. It even makes my curls a bit more fuller, tighter and bouncier.

But yes, when I use it for 2nd day hair...it makes my rough frizz turn into curls and softens them. It feels a bit crunchy as it dries but it actually de-crunches on its own after a few minutes. It even makes my curls a bit more fuller, tighter and bouncier.

This sounds great! So, who else is using this product? REVIEWS, ladies (and any men who lurk but don't post), I need reviews! :twisted:

• AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    I use Fantasia IC and like it. I hate lock and twist unless I am braiding or twisting - too sticky.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Amneris wrote:
    I use Fantasia IC and like it. I hate lock and twist unless I am braiding or twisting - too sticky.

Hmmm, some people like it for second day hair, but you don't.

Would it work well as an overnight moisturizer? That is, something you smear on your hair to sleep on (either in a ponytail or 2 braids) and then rinse out the next morning wth a gentle, non-sulfate cleanser? What do you think?

Curltopia wrote:
    Amneris wrote:

Would it work well as an overnight moisturizer? That is, something you smear on your hair to sleep on (either in a ponytail or 2 braids) and then rinse out the next morning wth a gentle, non-sulfate cleanser? What do you think?

Personally, I wouldn't do it, it technically is a hair gel and will dry as a styler. It doesn't have the consistency like a conditioner or other sort of moisturizer.
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    Curltopia wrote:
    Amneris wrote:

no - the only worthwhile overnight moisturizer for me is a heavy oil, DT or a moisturizer like Kiehl's. I don't think L&T has anything moisturizing in it. As for second day hair, I always have that, so I'm not sure if L&T is special in that area or not.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file