natural products

amoramor Registered Users Posts: 44
what are good natural products ? i heard threads about honey,aloe vera. do you use them as treatments or layer them with your gels?wouldn't the honey make your hair sticky and there would be bugs flying around your hair?lol :lol: anyways any other natural products tell me about them. and one more thing can you recomend me some good essential oils? anybody try kiwi oil,it's in the black hair section at the drugstores. it looked interesting,it's a small bottle, its clear orange and it says kiwi oil, theres a picture of a kiwi on it and i think its by darbee something like that ...any one try it?

Comments

• ColochaColocha Registered Users Posts: 344
    You can use honey and aloe vera as treatments or use them under the gel. No, you won´t get any bugs after putting honey on the hair! Some people dilute the honey on water and do a rinse, or combine in with conditioner or add little drops on your hair after its washed.

For essential oils... I recommend lavender oil. I haven´t use much of essential oils.

HTH! :)
    "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

Hair type: 3b/c
  • amoramor Registered Users Posts: 44
    now i need to get honey and stop my self from eating it :shock:
  • lafeistlafeist Registered Users Posts: 72 Curl Connoisseur
    I've read on other threads that honey is better for lighter hair and molasses for darker because honey may lighten. I've used honey and it made my hair soft. Avocado and olive oil make a nice DT. Any essential oils that smell good to you will work. For clarifying try ACV(apple cider vinegar) but go easy on the vinegar. I also like baking soda too. Just mix either with water. HTH :D
    Mostly 3B with some 3C. Faves :Sap Moss co and a weekly Sap Moss shampoo.
    As crowbird says, try an ACV(apple cider vinegar) Some people use 2 tablespoons to 2 cups. I use a quarter to 3 3/4 cups of water.

what is your hairtype?
    "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

my type is 3b but for some weird reason the very top of my scalp is 3a :? confusing, i think its from top of you head being exposed to everything like the rain,wind, and sun because its very dry and frizzy and coarse feeling even though it has a 3a look.it could of resulted from blond highlights i did my self on the top layer of my hair and that was back in the day when i use to brush out my curls and blow dry with a brush and then use this steam comb and then finishing with a flat iron.and i use to shampoo all the time and color so much. that damage is still growing out i think now that i'm starting the cg routine my curls will get tighter. whats the apple cider vinegar? :oops: i'm new , i need to buy the cg book but that won't be for a while because i;m broke and what does the baking soda thing to? i read in a magazine about mixing baking soda with your shampoo for shine , it sucks it dries out your hair and lightens it
    The ACV is a clarifying rinse as well as the baking soda. You an add a little soda to your cond or in a spray bottle with water. The acv is less harsh t o me too.
    were do you buy acv
    Apple cider vinegar is found at the grocery store :lol:
    Actually you have to mix baking soda with water. Baking soda is harsh as it is. With water it´ll be diluted and good enough to clean you hair.

so you mix baking soda with water and massage it in your scalp
    Not in your scalp, but in your hair. This is to remove any build up from products you´ve been using and hard water. :)

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    Just posted this in another topic, so I thought I'd also post it here too. Hope it will be of some help to you.

I "wash" my hair twice a week with conditioner, rinse it out, pour a cup of honey rinse (1 T. honey, 1 T. molasses, 1 T. conditioner, 1 T. gel mixed with a big cup of hot water) over my hair and do a very quick cold water rinse, while hair is still dripping wet I add lots of gel, plop in a microfiber turban for about a half hour, scrunch and air dry. On the days I don't "wash" I just wet my hair and do the rinse, gel, etc.

Every week or so, I do a vinegar rinse (1/4 cup vinegar [I use any kind - wine, cider, white, rice] mixed with a couple cups of warm water). Pour through wet hair, scrunch around a bit, then rinse. Then condition, etc, as usual.

Once a month or so I do a conditioning treatment. I mix some honey, molasses, coconut oil, and conditioner together and put in in wet hair. Cover with a plastic bag, then a warm towel, and let it sit for an hour or so. Then rinse, condition, etc.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    thanks girls, oh i got some rice vinegar but i think its gone bad :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file