jheri curls

amoramor Registered Users Posts: 44
curly girls have always been made fun of sporting the jheri curls,whatever :roll: do you still rock them

Comments

• struggling_cherubstruggling_cherub Registered Users Posts: 21
    A Wave Nouveau is very similar to a jheri curl. I had one for a few years after my mother convinced me no man would want a woman with both a son and a `fro. :cry:

After two and a half years, (and a loving albeit disappointed fiance) I cut it all off and started growing out my natural hair. My sister still has one though. Got it redone today, as a matter of fact. Now I'm working on her to use my flaxseed gel. :wink:
    The feminine mystique has succeeded in burying millions of American women alive.

Betty Friedan
    newly shorn 4a/b. mommy to 3c curly-boy.
    only 4" of natural hair, but still an ingredient junkie. got any recipes?
  • amoramor Registered Users Posts: 44
    my mother bitches at my hair when its jheri curl lookin lol. do the wave nouveau products make you have that jheri curl look
  • struggling_cherubstruggling_cherub Registered Users Posts: 21
    It's pretty much the same process but with thio instead of lye as the base chemical. The other differences are that you can wear your hair straight (blow-dry and flat iron) and the products can be much less greasy. The newest WN products are really great, if expensive, at giving your hair the moisture it needs after a double chemical process without making it greasy. If it's the WN products you'd like to try, check out the humectant and the mousse.

hth
    The feminine mystique has succeeded in burying millions of American women alive.

Betty Friedan
    newly shorn 4a/b. mommy to 3c curly-boy.
    only 4" of natural hair, but still an ingredient junkie. got any recipes?
  • amoramor Registered Users Posts: 44
    yeh i want to give those products a try they look interesting

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file