CurlTalk

Celebrities with 2c?

KatiecurlKatiecurl Posts: 236Registered Users
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but there isn't a picture of a celebrity with 2c hair on the "hair types" section of nc.com.

I was recently looking at pictures of Fergie, and thinking that she has 2c hair:

fergie.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGiwKPIQKmDuYWeU4ldjNXfSmZYyg

What celebrities do you think have 2c hair?
2a/b. I love AOHR!

Comments

• HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    ...in my humble opinion. :wink:

Evangeline Lily
    244.lily.evangeline.091906.jpg

Shakira
    Shakira_JPC_10.jpg

Daisy Fuentes
    J6pcJGHREe.jpg

Carla Gugino
    carlagugino24tm.jpg

Leslie Mann
    lesliemann.jpg

Kathy Ireland (thought I can't find a picture right off online that shows it - looks like she needs some CG!)
    KathyIreland_Granitz_495947.jpg
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • myCeliamyCelia Posts: 195Registered Users
    I'm still figuring out the hair typing (my own especially) but I'm guessing Alicia Minshew (Kendall on All My Children) may be closer to 3A than 2c.

In any case, I've always loved her hair.

684_2_12319.jpg
    What's working: MOP-C Hydrating Shampoo roots only EOD, Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner or Biolage Conditioning Balm; style with Innersense Quiet Calm Curl Control, and the AMAZING KCCC!
  • Kasey314Kasey314 Posts: 308Registered Users
    I saw Sheryl Crow's new CD in Starbucks and her hair on the cover looks 2c-ish.

This is the closes pic I can find to her album cover hair.
    22230fa7-fed9-44e8-891a-eceebb631783.jpg
    ~FIA~ 2c-M-iii

CG since 9/06, modified since 3/07.

:coffee: <~~ Me every morning

Updated fotki 5/06/08
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FKasey314%2F" class="Popup

Products-of-the-moment: Loving Innersense right now: Pure Essential Hair Bath, Pure Inspiration Daily Conditioner and I Create Quiet Calm Curl Cream. Devacurl Angell is my go to gel, nothing else like it for me. Nature's Gate Lavendar and Aloe Nourishing Conditoner is always in my shower.

password - curly girl

• JamieVJamieV Posts: 158Registered Users
    I like to look at pictures of Elizabeth Shue's hair. She may be a little curlier than a 2c but in some photos it looks like 2c. I often use her pictures for inspiration when getting my own cut.
    2c thick, heavy waves. Started CG (lo poo) in July '07. before that I straightened it and used hot rollers for years. pw wavy
    I thought of another one (sorry, I do not know how to paste the pictures directly on here) But what about Elizabeth Mitchell? (Juliet from LOST) I have been noticing her beautiful waves lately.
    2c thick, heavy waves. Started CG (lo poo) in July '07. before that I straightened it and used hot rollers for years. pw wavy
    JamieV wrote: »
    I thought of another one (sorry, I do not know how to paste the pictures directly on here) But what about Elizabeth Mitchell? (Juliet from LOST) I have been noticing her beautiful waves lately.

22be.jpg
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
    Thanks HeatherDawn. That is a good picture of her hair...
  • kinihakiniha Posts: 233Registered Users
    maybe sandra oh from grey's anatomy? i LOOOVE her hair!

BTW, is 2c going to have some ringlets? I've always been confused about it.
    2b/3a, fine, "naturally frizzy", non-porous, above shoulders, brunette
    Low-poos--faves are Deva and JC, experimenting with CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
    Conditioners: faves are Devacare One-C, Jessicurl Too Shea
    Leave Ins: Conflicted relationship--no fave
    Fave stylers: Aveda Flax Seed & Aloe over Aveda Phmollient mousse, KCCC over anything, Biolage Firm Hold Gelee (HG for spring/summer), CK

kiniha wrote: »
    maybe sandra oh from grey's anatomy? i LOOOVE her hair!

BTW, is 2c going to have some ringlets? I've always been confused about it.

Me too! LOL! I think it depends on which method you choose to use. Ms Massey (of the CG book) only recognized three types, Andre has 4 or 5 and FIA has about 100. I read once that the difference between a curly and a wavy is what it does when it is short. Mine did very little (I wasn't encouraging it at the time) so I identify with the 2s. Had I had curls or rings at all I'd say I'm a 3 since I get spirals at shoulder length.
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
    I have 2 c hair. Its wavy but there are definitely some ringlets or what I call 'spirals' mixed in. They used to show up only after doing baking soda, but now that I have had a shower filter for a few months, I get them more and more.
  • alisonalison Posts: 13Registered Users
    The celebrity pictures have made me realize I am most likely a 2c. The picture of Shakira on this thread looks alot like my hair, on a really great hair day! I am currently letting my natural color grow out, I have colored my hair for years. The new growth doesnt seem as curly and it is soooo frizzy!! I am new to this site, but I am already learning alot. I will be CG before too long, I hope!:icescream:
  • multiracialcurls89multiracialcurls89 Posts: 204Registered Users

Aly Michalka's hair is naturally sraight, she curls it...but her hair does look really pretty there. Naturally Miley Cyrus is like a 3a. Taylor swift is like 2a and 3a, Kat McPhee I think also has naturally straight hair. :icescream:
    <A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"; target=_blank>

event.png
    Napptural Anniversary 6/27/08
    3c/3b
    Hair Loves: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel, Protein Conditioners
    Hair Hates: Sulfates, Daily Hair Drenchings with Water, Gels with alot heavy PVP's
  • JayJaeJayJae Posts: 11Registered Users
    i was thinking heather graham whenever she wears her hair wavy and gets ragged on for it being "frizzy". like this
    straight & wavy, thick & coarse
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    JayJae wrote: »
    i was thinking heather graham whenever she wears her hair wavy and gets ragged on for it being "frizzy". like this

Um, yeah. So not frizzy. Stupid people.

• cattielovescattieloves Posts: 32Registered Users

Kathy Ireland (thought I can't find a picture right off online that shows it - looks like she needs some CG!)

Gasp! That is pretty much exactly what my hair looks like! Except mine is a little frizzier and a lot longer. But the texture is spot on! Nice to know I'm not the only one. :)
    2b/c (not sure if I'm f, m, or c!), and iii...and to be honest, not too excited about it yet...

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcattieloves" class="Popup

pw - curlygirly

Gasp! That is pretty much exactly what my hair looks like! Except mine is a little frizzier and a lot longer. But the texture is spot on! Nice to know I'm not the only one. :)

I am sure your hair is beautiful! Kathy is actually one of my hair idols. Here is a picture I finally found of her hair looking really nice:

kathyirlandcopy.jpg
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • twirliegirliex3twirliegirliex3 Posts: 70Registered Users
    Actually, Miley Cyrus has wavy hair. There is a video on youtube of her audition and its obviously natural. She has 2b/c hair. They iron the heck outta her usually. :)
  • cattielovescattieloves Posts: 32Registered Users

I am sure your hair is beautiful! Kathy is actually one of my hair idols. Here is a picture I finally found of her hair looking really nice:

kathyirlandcopy.jpg

Aww, thank you! Yeah, my hair looks pretty similar to the above if I scrunch it w/ gel, but it's always too crunchy for my taste. But I'm a work in progress. :)
    2b/c (not sure if I'm f, m, or c!), and iii...and to be honest, not too excited about it yet...

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcattieloves" class="Popup

pw - curlygirly
  • xjustsmilebabexxjustsmilebabex Posts: 2Registered Users
    2c hair is the best kind.
    GOOOOOO TEAM 2C!:wav:
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    WOOT! :occasion5: I'll toast to that!!! Wavies Rule!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • Jennalynn20Jennalynn20 Posts: 27Registered Users
    DEL2C wrote: »
    WOOT! :occasion5: I'll toast to that!!! Wavies Rule!

Heck yeah! :toothy7:
    2C-ish, medium texture, medium-high porosity.
    Modified CG since March '09!

Cowash/Low-Poo- Suave Naturals Coconut, Giovanni 50:50, Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Condish- Biolage/GVP Conditioning Balm, LVPNG, Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Styling- KMS Curlup balm, KCCC, BRHG, HETT gel/mousse

:hippy2:Proud Vegetarian!
  • RozettaStoneRozettaStone Posts: 695Registered Users
    I dunno, I think Shakira's looks 3a to me, and Taylor Swift's does in that pic, too, no? Shakira's is curly up to the roots.
    2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
    Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
    Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
    Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
    Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color
  • kuromikuromi Posts: 30Registered Users
    what about ke$ha i think shes a 2c

l_10dbb490cec04a35ad61c554b498f2b1.jpg
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    JamieV wrote: »

22be.jpg

I'm a Heather Dawn too! Cuz I was born at dawn...:)

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Yeah, it can be hard to tell with celebs sometimes because you don't know what is a stylists doing or their natural hair. But this makes me confirm my 2C suspicions.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• shellshell Posts: 21Registered Users
    I think a lot of these women have had their hair curled. When it's done professionally, it can be really hard to tell it's not natural--I guess that's why they're professionals!

And, I hate it when people (especially advertisers) call curly hair "frizzy." I think it's a marketing ploy to get people to buy more products. grrrrr. What it really does is make women with lovely hair feel insecure about their curls/waves/natural hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    B]Shampoo[/B]: Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo or Elucence
    Rinse Out: Jessicurl Aloeba Conditioner
    Leave In Conditioner: JC Aloeba or Oyin Honey Hemp and Hair Dew
    Stylers: LOC Method JC Softening Hair Oil (mostly avocado) and Darcy's Curl Smoother
    Technique: pinning front
    2b fine (some "real curls" on rainy days, or when the stars align :geek:), fine texture, normal to low porosity
    Always trying to find ways to keep my curls!:toothy4:
  • blueroses79blueroses79 Posts: 122Registered Users
    shell wrote: »
    And, I hate it when people (especially advertisers) call curly hair "frizzy." I think it's a marketing ploy to get people to buy more products. grrrrr. What it really does is make women with lovely hair feel insecure about their curls/waves/natural hair.

guano: I actually looked up "frizzy" recently to see how it was officially defined, and the definition was "unkempt curly hair." Which struck me as weird. I didn't realize that only curly hair could be frizzy.

FIA 2a-c, ii.
    Combo. fine/low porosity & coarse/porous.
    Stylers: All-in-one spray, FSG, KCCC
    Also using: Inecto condish, WW Tiare Pomade
    Dislikes: soap bars, glycerin, protein.
    Yawns at: all gels (even LALSG), Seamollient.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fblueroses79%2F" class="Popup

:dog: :coffee:
  • runnerchickirunnerchicki Posts: 475Registered Users

oh yeah!:headbang:
    FIA: 2cFii

Lady Crispina, Confector of Pharmaceutria and Conjurer of Exquisitus JuJu, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders