need help with products and steps

karaakaraa Posts: 35Registered Users
i need some help here and not sure where else to go so im hoping this is the place to ask.

my hair is super curly but i straighten it everyday and well i wanted to embrace my curls. lately i have been just playing with it by letting it air dry but it gets so frizzy. i tried putting some moose in it but it looked pretty stupid and was real crunchy.

i looked at a bunch of howto youtube videos (how i learned how to straighten it) and found out i need a lot more products. something about putting spray in conditioner on after i get out the shower, then serum, then mousse, and then blow drying it with a diffuser? does that sound like the right order of things?

i looked at a bunch of vids and all said the same thing so im just wanting to make sure this is how it is done. also what products should i look for and does it actually say 'leave in conditioner' and 'serum' on the package?

i was hoping to stop at the store this afternoon so i could play with it this weekend. sorry for asking such dumb questions. my mom never listens to me and my little sister hates me and i dont have any girlfriends that have curly hair so i have noone else to ask about all of this.

Comments

• snapssnow92snapssnow92 Posts: 170Registered Users
    what i would do is get some good gel and a leave in, thats all you need for now, and experiment with it. some cheap ones are dep gel and herbal essence. you can also try garnier fructice (sorry i cant spell). if you really want to try something crazy, try the curly girl routine by getting the curly girl book. thats just another method. hope that helps.
    ~Snaps~
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    and some really cheap conditioners too like V05 and Sauve. I use the same conditioner for conditioning and my leave-in but that doesn't work for everyone.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    oh and if you know your hair type you might make your way to that forum. that way the products talked about would be more likely to work for you. :)
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file