Stretch marks

KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I know nothing makes them go away but that they eventually fade, but is there anything I can do to make them fade faster? I have stretch marks from before the pregnancy, and I don't mind them too much once they turn white. I'm very fair skinned, so you can't really see those unless you look hard. But these big red ones all over my tummy have been really bothering me. :(
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Bailey422 wrote: »
    I know nothing makes them go away but that they eventually fade, but is there anything I can do to make them fade faster? I have stretch marks from before the pregnancy, and I don't mind them too much once they turn white. I'm very fair skinned, so you can't really see those unless you look hard. But these big red ones all over my tummy have been really bothering me. :(

There's not really much (if anything) you can do. They'll fade to white on their own in a few months. Topical treatments are usually a hoax.
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    I got a few on my tummy, under my bellybutton area. I find that they look better if I keep the skin well moisturized - they stand out more if my skin is dry.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Fake tan (like, from a bottle or mystic tan) helps.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CGNYC wrote: »

Hmm, that's an idea. I really think I need to bite the bullet and splurge on myself a bit. I desperately need a hair cut, and maybe I'll get highlights and a spray tan too. (I've never been good at doing the self-tanning clreams myself.)

It sucks because when I'm home with the baby, I do great. I go into work feeling just fine, and as the day goes on, I get more and more down beating up on myself. By the time I leave here, you'd think I was the ugliest person on the planet. :thumbdown:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    CGNYC wrote: »

Hmm, that's an idea. I really think I need to bite the bullet and splurge on myself a bit. I desperately need a hair cut, and maybe I'll get highlights and a spray tan too. (I've never been good at doing the self-tanning clreams myself.)

It sucks because when I'm home with the baby, I do great. I go into work feeling just fine, and as the day goes on, I get more and more down beating up on myself. By the time I leave here, you'd think I was the ugliest person on the planet. :thumbdown:

I am the same way. When I'm at home, I have all these positive thoughts about my body, but if I have to go out, I end up feeling frumpy, fat and tired and old looking.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users

exfoliate them once weekly with a loofah and your favorite soap, or with a body scrub. while they are still pinked up and moist, apply a rich oil or cream. keep your skin moisturized. having a tone belly can overshadow the look of the marks that won't go away.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users Curl Novice
    My mom swears Strivectin (Strivecta?) improved hers.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    I had luck lightening them with dry skin brushing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file