Yay! My hair is growing fast

YomYom Registered Users Posts: 1,146 Curl Novice
I've updated my fotki, in the album 'getting the hang of CG' you'll find pictures of November 2007 and one picture I took today. It's been growing superfast lately.

I'm so happy!!!
3A/B-ish BSL thick hair
Modified CG since 08/10/2007
http://public.fotki.com/Curly-Y/ (updated september 6)
pw: currrly

Comments

• Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Registered Users Posts: 3,135
    Oooh, you have the exact curls I hope I can get if my hair would become slightly more awesome. Nice job!
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    you have beautiful eyes!! and hair!!! great curls girl!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Your hair looks wonderful in that last shot. Nice volume and smoothness.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • CalamityMCalamityM Registered Users Posts: 541 Curl Novice
    Wow! You really carry your hair well. It has grown a lot, and you look great! I overconditioner my hair big time, so it has temporarily lost all it's body. I am envious of you right now!
  • MintMint Registered Users Posts: 1,143 Curl Neophyte
    Beautiful! :toothy7:I'm taking biotin too. It does seem to help a little.
    2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
  • eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    Beautiful curls, curly girl! Hooray for CG!:blob7:
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • YomYom Registered Users Posts: 1,146 Curl Novice
    Thanks ladies for all the compliments! I was kind of down when i had my hair cut last summer. I feel more like myself with longer hair. It has never grown this fast. I would recommend biotin to anyone with slow growing hair!
    3A/B-ish BSL thick hair
  • mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    Wow that's amazing growth! You have beautiful hair, btw :)
    I was surprised to see that you're AA/Dutch! I love Latin House too
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• sweetsevensweetseven Registered Users Posts: 409
    That's a lot of growth, looks really great! :smile:
    I'm taking biotin as well, and have noticed more growth than usual, not that much though.

Can I ask you where you got the boots curl cream, that you used in your november pics? I'm from Belgium, and have been wanting to try it, but couldn't find any.
    3B/3C
    medium/coarse and porous

wash: KC Come Clean, Flower Peddler Northern Lights soap bar
    conditioner: YTT, YTC, KCKT, Shescentit GT&H, Shescentit Avocado, DB Pumpkin Seed, Garnier Ultra Doux, Mop Top daily conditioner
    styler: KCCC, HEBE, homemade fsg, DM MCCG, AOMM
    dt: banana and avocado mask, nexxus emergencee, Shescentit TT&GH, ayurvedic powders, SS RPT
    butters: Jane Carter N&S, Afroveda Curly Custard, Afroveda Cocolatte, Shescentit Gillian, Shescentit Seyani
  • kiki200220kiki200220 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Your hair is fabulous!! Now that I'm on the CG routine I hope I get hair that long. I'm a 3b so it is harder to see that kind of link because my hair shinks so much. How much Biotin are you taking (2500, 5000). I've seen this stuff in GNC and I'm taking the 2500 now with okay results. Wondering if I should amp it up.

Way to grow!!!!! Keep it up!!!:blob7:
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    Wow! That's some serious growth. It looks fabulous!!
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    I've heard that Biotin can cause acne on some people. Has this happened to you?
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

Oh my god!!!! I think you're right. I have been battling acne for a few months now and have been on biotin for a few months. This could very well be the cause. Because i'm 21 yo and i never used to get acne. I have made a derm. appointment because the acne is really bugging me, But maybe i just need to lay off the biotin. I'm going to do a search online. Thank you so much.

If you have a certain article about it, let me know
    3A/B-ish BSL thick hair
  • gr8fl1gr8fl1 Registered Users Posts: 16
    Your curls (and you!) look fabulous, Yomini! It's really helpful to see the dated pics from when you started to what's current. I needed to be reminded about "progress is a process" - just because I know that's a Truth doesn't mean I remember it. ;-0 Your progress is clearly a huge success.
    Hope you'll share a new thread with your best biotin findings that pertain to us CGs. THANKS!
  • kiki200220kiki200220 Registered Users Posts: 7
    I've heard that acne thing too about Biotin. I started getting acne at 21 as well but I wasn't taking Biotin in any way shape or form at the time (honestly, I didn't know it existed and had never been in a GNC in my life, I'm in my mid thirties now). It turned out, I was developing adult onset acne (my skin had been clear up till that point). Ugh. I've been taking the 2500 mcg and haven't had a problem with it but my hair growth has been just okay. Good luck!!!
  • Rubber BiscuitRubber Biscuit Registered Users Posts: 1,294
    mariag002 wrote: »
    I've heard that Biotin can cause acne on some people. Has this happened to you?

Maria, I am thanking the lord right now that you posted this! I have been taking biotin for a month now and I have had the worst skin of my life for the past 3 weeks! I have switched facial lotions, powders, foundations, scrubs and washes to see what was doing it. Thank God I'm not crazy!

But, now the dilemma... long hair or clear skin??? :blob7:
    - Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
    - Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
    Well, i know i'd rather have clear skin and shorter hair than vice versa. Thank you mariag002!!! I've stopped taking biotin yesterday and i'll see how my skin reacts
    3A/B-ish BSL thick hair
    Well i'm quite sure it was biotin that caused my pimples. I was looking at pictures taken last summer: clear skin. And on the boards i've searched for posts from me about biotion. I found out i started taking biotin aug 22nd. I have some pictures starting on october 1st and my skin started to look bad from there on and got worse as time passed.

Maria, i'm so glad you posted your question, if you didn't i would be on biotin for at least another year because it works miracles for my hair. But i'd rather have clear skin than longer hair.

NO MORE BIOTIN FOR ME!!!
    3A/B-ish BSL thick hair
    Yomini wrote: »
    Well i'm quite sure it was biotin that caused my pimples. I was looking at pictures taken last summer: clear skin. And on the boards i've searched for posts from me about biotion. I found out i started taking biotin aug 22nd. I have some pictures starting on october 1st and my skin started to look bad from there on and got worse as time passed.

Maria, i'm so glad you posted your question, if you didn't i would be on biotin for at least another year because it works miracles for my hair. But i'd rather have clear skin than longer hair.

NO MORE BIOTIN FOR ME!!!

I wish I had your strength! lol I have decided that my unruly skin is tolerable (for now) and I will finish up my 2 month bottle of biotin (that I just started!) and pray that my skin doesn't get worse. I would loooooove to have the hair growth that you've had! Pray for me! lol :toothy7:
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Registered Users Posts: 2,568 Curl Neophyte
    Hey ladies,

ok, when u say u have acne...do u mean a few pimples here and there or are u talking about a major acne problem? I would guess the Biotin affects hormones and maybe that's why it happens.

I have just started taking Metformin for Polycystic ovaries (PCOS) and I have had a few pimples (never had any before in my life) but Neutrogena on the spot treatment cleared them just about immediately. I saw Biotin today but I thought I should check w/ my doc first. Has anyone else had any negative results from Biotin? Facial hair growth?

Congrats on the growth, ladies!!!!

NO MORE BIOTIN FOR ME!!!

I wish I had your strength! lol I have decided that my unruly skin is tolerable (for now) and I will finish up my 2 month bottle of biotin (that I just started!) and pray that my skin doesn't get worse. I would loooooove to have the hair growth that you've had! Pray for me! lol :toothy7:
    comic-p.jpg
  • CaleilaniCaleilani Registered Users Posts: 728
    Biotin is fine,just drink lots of water.
    3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years
    Caleilani: the water rule doesn't apply to everyone!
    I drink 2 or 3 liters water everyday and i still had acne problems. Everybody's skin & react a certain way to biotin, i also know of people who took biotin and didn't notice any major difference in hair growth.

MixedUpCurlyChick: I haven't had any other negative results from biotin other than acne. (Except: i had to take the supplement with a meal or else i would get headache) When i day acne i mean: i've never had a lot of pimples, i would get the occasional pimple before taking biotin but nothing bad.

Now when i started taking biotin my skin got worse everyday. There wasn't a day with clear skin (from august 2007 to present). My forehead and chin became oily whilst i always had very dry skin. I even got a patch of inflammatory pimples on my chin for two months now, they're beginning to fade now but it took two months to clear them up!! On my forehead there was an average of i guess 10 blemishes everyday! I think that's bad when you've never suffered from acne before. I know there are people with really severe acne but for me this was horrible. Hope that helps, if not; let me know!
    3A/B-ish BSL thick hair
    Hey ladies, ok, when u say u have acne...do u mean a few pimples here and there or are u talking about a major acne problem?

it's weird... it's only on my jawline & my neck. always had perfect skin (like, i sleep in my makeup & nothing happens), but if i did get a zit, it'd be a tiny one on my forehead & disappear in a day or two. right now i have 5 - 6 gigantic pimples that have hung around for a couple of weeks. so gross :(
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Registered Users Posts: 2,568 Curl Neophyte
    Oh my! Well thank u ladies. I've never had a prob with acne either. My lazy ass always sleeps with make up on and no problem. I guess if I tried the biotin, I'd have to just watch really carefully for the acne. I do realize it may do nothing for me and it may have neg side effects or no side effects at all. I will mostly try it at least for a few weeks and see if anything happens.

Btw ladies, is Biotin different from other vitamins that contain Biotin and other supplements? For example, things with titles like "hair nourishments." Does anyone know if/how those are diff than Biotin???
    comic-p.jpg
    Btw ladies, is Biotin different from other vitamins that contain Biotin and other supplements? For example, things with titles like "hair nourishments." Does anyone know if/how those are diff than Biotin???

mixedupcurlychick- the one i'm taking from GNC is the women's one for hair/skin/nails. it contains other vitamins as well. i chose that one over straight biotin because i was informed from someone (somewhere?) that you need to take 3000 mcg of biotin to see results and the women's one i bought has 3000 mcg and it cost the same as the straight biotin one that only had 1200 mcg. i was too cheap to shell out $6-7 for the regular 3000 mcg one :tongue5:

mini update: my skin has been looking better :) i'm not waking up everyday with 2 or 3 new pimples and the ones i have are onto the shrinking part of their existence ha ha THANK GOODNESS! also, i've only been on the biotin for a little over a month, so i did a quick measure today and it appears as though my hair has grown 1.25 inches!! yay! so, i have another 2 month supply that i've just begun and am willing to tolerate any sort of skin issues in the mean time because that is some serious results!

yomini- how many mcg are in the biotin you're taking? i would loooove to have results like yours!!
    I started taking 1500mcg everyday for two months but things weren't going fast enough so i switched to 3000mcg a day. And that, clearly, has worked!

Update on the biotin & acne thing: I stopped taking biotin a week ago, and my skin is looking better! Old zits are slowly fading and no new ones have arised :)
    3A/B-ish BSL thick hair
    Update on the biotin & acne thing: I stopped taking biotin a week ago, and my skin is looking better! Old zits are slowly fading and no new ones have arised :)

yay for clear skin! :tongue5:
  • CaleilaniCaleilani Registered Users Posts: 728
    Yomini you don't have to be so nasty! I was only trying to be helpful because that was advice that was given to me.Sorry I even posted on your thread.
    3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years
    Caleilani wrote: »
    Yomini you don't have to be so nasty! I was only trying to be helpful because that was advice that was given to me.Sorry I even posted on your thread.

Nasty? OMG you clearly have issues. You stated: "Biotin is fine,just drink lots of water." as a fact. I just said that the water rule doesn't apply to everyone, it doesn't for me. And obviously biotin was the cause for my pimples, I've been off them for almost 2 weeks and my skin is almost flawless. So no: Biotin is not fine (at least not for everyone).
    3A/B-ish BSL thick hair
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    i take biotin both in my multi (small amount) and my hair vitamin (shen min - total of 1,400 mcg from 2 of those a day) and my skin is back to being good. for me i can't completely say it was the biotin cause i also used liquid mac that broke me out badly but i'd opted not to take biotin separately, especially the 5,000 mcg i was taking which was supposed to accelerate growth.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file