Any 2's experienced this? see photos

merebearmerebear Registered Users Posts: 190
2 weeks ago had full highlights. Now...well see for yourself...no curls, no waves, nothing! :crybaby:

Riot crrl has been helpful and said a good protein DT followed by a moisturizing DT will help. I know that my hair responds better to moisture than protein.

Any thoughts? Has anyone colored the curl right out of their hair? :banghead:

My hair type is like this:
winter and dry air: need to really crunch the curl in otherwise just really wavy
spring and fall (mild): strong wavy with loose ringlet curls
summertime: ringlets baby - some frizz of course too :toothy4: (which is how it is when it is longer too, but I've been at this length for a while). I LOVE RINGLETS!!!!!! If I could figure a way to have summer ringlets all the time, I would. (I guess I could start by growing my hair)

Again, thank you for reading and helping. I am currently nc.com obsessed...:laughing7:
MereBear
2B-2C - very wavy with loose ringlets

:wav:

Comments

• KatiecurlKatiecurl Registered Users Posts: 236
    Hi merebear,

I read your other thread and felt so sad. :(

I, like the other girls, think your hair looks pretty good. It has that tossled, sexy look. It's not what you're use to, but it doesn't look as awful as you think!

I color my hair as well, and I've noticed that it sometimes takes a couple weeks for the waves to "bounce back," particularly if I've had an all-over color done. My hair actually looks the curliest right before I have to dye it again. It stinks!

If your hair doesn't like protein, I don't know if I'd do a protein DT. It seems like your hair is either dried out or coated with color, so you might just have to wait it out. Hopefully someone else will have an idea and chime in... I'd like to know the answer to this myself!
    2a/b. I love AOHR!
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Registered Users Posts: 727
    I do think you hair looks really cute wavy like that. I too love my hair in the summer and have to work harder at it in the winter. Bring on the humidity!:blob7:

But if you miss your curls try a
    deep treatment - that usually puts some bounce back into my curls. You may have to do one weekly.

I do use different products in the summer vs. the winter. I use a leave-in in the winter, never in the summer. And try curl-enahncing products like DevaCurl or B2B curl enhancing jasmine conditioner.
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • hopetocurlhopetocurl Registered Users Posts: 1,280
    Merebear... I think I responded to one of your posts about this elsewhere. I had my hair highlighted on Monday...and it felt terrible and dry. I have to wait another few days before I can deep treatment (DT) with heat. However, since you have had a couple of weeks go ahead and do one. If you have some honey and olive oil, you could do the honey and oo (I did not wash my hair first...but you might want to cleanse yours first...) recipe from http://www.motowngirl.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10&Itemid=12

It will make your hair feel crunchy and odd if you do it dry. I left it on for 30 minutes with heat...you can do more if you want. Then, I rinsed and poo'd w/ a low-poo. Honey is a humectant and olive oil will wash off surprisingly easily. This is a cheap thing to try if you've got the honey.

This week, I did not poo at all, only co-washed until yesterday. My hair is feeling much better.
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    It does not look bad. You just need a good leave-in moisturizer.

Speckla
  • merebearmerebear Registered Users Posts: 190
    Thank you so much. I started using Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose conditioner and I just love it ~ were you the one who suggested it to me? Now I just need a product and I am good to go...please read my thread I just posted. I wish I could view your photos too ~ I don't know what fokti is.

MereBear
    MereBear

• HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Registered Users Posts: 300
    Good news is that your curl will likely come back - mine did after about 3/4 weeks. Bad news is that hair typse like ours do NOT handle stress well. I am growing mine LONG and it has SO many splits that I am having to trim back almost as much as I'm growing right now. Just keep babying you hair and it'll show you some love back!
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • fullofstarsfullofstars Registered Users Posts: 6
    I feel better after reading these posts. I recently got my hair highlighted too - combined with the wrong kind of cut for my hair type 2B/3A I've had my head in the sand all week. I'm curious - does anyone know if John Freida Hair Glaze would add insult to injury? I want to put the shine back in but don't want to lose any more curl.
  • Elle1Elle1 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I recently used a clear glaze by Herbal Essence, the one in the pink box. I got the best curl waves ever and I had loads of shine. I'm thinking I'll be doing a clear glaze every six weeks cause, it made my hair look great.
    Yep - I switched to Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, did a few DT's and vinegar rinses...finally I see curl and volume again. It's been 3-4 weeks. Man...what a nightmare. You are right - our hair doesn't respond well to stress. I find also that diet makes a huge difference. Do you? I am going to grow my hair longer also, I think that will help.
    Thank for replying.
    MereBear

I don't know much about glazes but I do know that most of the curly girls here LOVE natural products because our hair reponds best to them. I think if you posted your own thread about wanting shine, you will find soooooooo much information in repsonses. Good luck!
    MereBear

• lapushkalapushka Registered Users Posts: 601
    Did you by any chance have a haircut as well? I'm asking because real curly hair (3, 4) will curl more the shorter it is, but wavy hair (because of the flat S'es) will lose its wave the shorter it is. You actually need about shoulder length hair for the wave to become sort of defined. At least shoulder length, I'd say. A 2a will become defined at a longer length as opposed to a 2c.

If I were to cut it to your length, I'd barely have waves.
  • hopetocurlhopetocurl Registered Users Posts: 1,280
    I think that is exactly what happened to me. I got my hair cut last week, and wound up with a much shorter layer on the canopy...and it doesn't seem to want to do much at all. I guess I'll wait a good long while before I get another cut....
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
    Yes, I did also have a trim. I do know that my curl forms better when my hair is longer...yeah I see what you are saying. But it has improved quite a bit, I have pics. posted on another thread. What a process though. Thank you.
    MereBear

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file