Does this cleanser LOOK gentle?

EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
It feels gentle, there's no drying feeling at all after using this. It doesn't lather though like it says it will. I don't notice any scent.

I've had it in my cabinet for a year & decided I better use it before it goes bad. Maybe it's already started breaking down. :dontknow:

I turned my other cleanser, which I didn't like the smell of (Clean & Clear Morning Burst), into a hand soap.

I see no sulfates & no betaine cleansers in it. I don't know what other cleansers to look out for.

http://www.harmondiscount.com/827755030164.html

It's too bad it's not made/sold anywhere locally anymore that I know of.

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    lazy loops wrote: »
    It feels gentle, there's no drying feeling at all after using this. It doesn't lather though like it says it will. I don't notice any scent.

I've had it in my cabinet for a year & decided I better use it before it goes bad. Maybe it's already started breaking down. :dontknow:

I turned my other cleanser, which I didn't like the smell of (Clean & Clear Morning Burst), into a hand soap.

I see no sulfates & no betaine cleansers in it. I don't know what other cleansers to look out for.

http://www.harmondiscount.com/827755030164.html

It's too bad it's not made/sold anywhere locally anymore that I know of.

It's a mix of solvents, anti-bacterials, emulsifiers, waxes, water softeners, etc., so yes, it probably would feel pretty gentle on the skin. Would I use it on my face? Hell no.
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OK thanks.

Is there any cleanser on a local level that contains gentle ingredients, but still feels like it cleans my skin?
    OK thanks.

Is there any cleanser on a local level that contains gentle ingredients, but still feels like it cleans my skin?

No...I'm sorry, but there isn't. Drugstore and department store products may seem gentle, but they are all full of junk and harmful ingredients...because they want you to buy their products. You see that product you posted above...it probably feels and smells really nice, right? That's because they stuffed it full of emusifiers, waxes and water softeners, which feel nice, but are harmful to the skin barrier. The cosmetic industry treats us like we are big dummies...that won't notice ingredients and will buy their product because they are sexy looking/smelling. The only way to compete in the market where sexy-but-harmful products are the norm is to also make sexy-but-harmful products, so one brand is as bad as another on store shelves. Department store and spa products are even worse...there is even more competition for being the sexiest product line, so they are full of even worse junk.
    Nothing is available even in a health food store?
    Nothing is available even in a health food store?

Nope
    Crap. OK thanks. :sad11:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file