New loose powder

gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
I have used up the last of my Origins All and Nothing loose powder and am working on using up the last of my Prescriptives Liquid powder in yellow.

I was reading in one of my beauty books about what kind of loose powder to get. The book (either the one by Rona Berg or the one by Bobbi Brown) says not to use translucent, because it isn't really translucent and to only use yellow toned powder because that is the best for evening out your skin tones.

So, is this true?

I only bought the Prescriptives because it was liquid powder and felt awesome going on, but for $35, I don't know that I NEED that feeling. I will have access to Sephora, Bare Escentuals, etc. when I move to San Francisco, so what should I get?
Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.

Comments

• mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I have some Bobbi Brown yellow loose powder and all it does is make my skin look yellow. I do use it over concealor on my undereye circles and it's great there, but not all over my face.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • lafeistlafeist Posts: 72Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just saw Bobbi Brown on Today and she said don't use translucent powder use one the same color as your skintone.
    Mostly 3B with some 3C. Faves :Sap Moss co and a weekly Sap Moss shampoo.
  • CarrollCarroll Posts: 224Registered Users
    gekko422 wrote:
    I have used up the last of my Origins All and Nothing loose powder and am working on using up the last of my Prescriptives Liquid powder in yellow.

I was reading in one of my beauty books about what kind of loose powder to get. The book (either the one by Rona Berg or the one by Bobbi Brown) says not to use translucent, because it isn't really translucent and to only use yellow toned powder because that is the best for evening out your skin tones.

So, is this true?

I only bought the Prescriptives because it was liquid powder and felt awesome going on, but for $35, I don't know that I NEED that feeling. I will have access to Sephora, Bare Escentuals, etc. when I move to San Francisco, so what should I get?

Oh my, I LOVE the prescriptives powder but it is so expensive, BUT I tried other loose powders and hated them.

I have recently started using Neutrogena Clear Tint and love it...I don't need powder w/ it since it's so matte. It's $11.00 for a tube and it seems like it will last a long time. Anyway, when you find something so good and try other things that just don't work as well, you probably spend more money in the long run. :o

It's all toooo much sometimes, I'll tell ya!!!! :wink:
    Say what you mean and mean what you say.
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    That is so true Carroll!!!!!

• CarrollCarroll Posts: 224Registered Users
    gekko422 wrote:
    That is so true Carroll!!!!!

Right on!! I learned the hard way w/ all of the hair products I tried, YIKES!!!! :oops:
    Say what you mean and mean what you say.
  • ~915~~915~ Posts: 519Registered Users
    I use BB sheer pressed powder in Warm Natural and I have great results with it. I always feel prettier with yellow based face products, but then again, I have yellow undertones in my skin to begin with.

I agree with Carroll's assessment that you probably save money by sticking with what works.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i use pressed powder too - MAC Select Sheer in NC 15.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I have pink undertones, but the prescriptives lady told me to get yellow powder as it would neutralize any redness in my face.

Now I am confused. Should I not be using a yellow powder? :?

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i have broken capillaries and use yellow toned powder - MAC's NC or C shades - to neutralize the redness.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file