Bantu knots, twists, braids and twist outs and braids outs

CoilyCoily Registered Users Posts: 96
Curious!!!!

Have you ladies tried these styles that 3c/4a/4b mention and what were results?

Thanks!!!
4b/4c;
combo hair: dry hair/oily scalp

Comments

• urbancurlurbancurl Registered Users Posts: 980
    Haven't tried them but would like to. Need to find a good how-to on them.
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • CoilyCoily Registered Users Posts: 96
    There are very easy. I have seen them on a model in a bridal magazine and it looked very beautiful. There was also a magazine I read and the stylist mentioned that the style was good for definition of the curls or waves. The model look great. She was not black either. Just wanted to know if the this a style other curlies tried with success.
    4b/4c;
    combo hair: dry hair/oily scalp
  • PokahontasPokahontas Registered Users Posts: 184
    Here's a really good how to for all these styles if anyone is interested.http://www.motowngirl.com/how_to.htm

I really want to try a bantu knot set. I've seen some beautiful ones. I've done braid outs but they only looked good the first day.
  • urbancurlurbancurl Registered Users Posts: 980
    Oooh, great site Pokohontas!

Coilly,

I do remember that my mom used to braid my hair into 4 braids a lot and I'd wear them for a couple days, then she'd undo them and I'd wear my hair loose for a couple more days. I guess that would count as a braid-out. I liked it! But now that I have entered my 30s, I don't think I could pull off the 4 braids with hair jewelry thing! I am planning on trying twists though.
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • telynorestelynores Registered Users Posts: 19
    Hi Coily. Forgive me for curljacking your thread! Reading comments here, and a couple of other places you asked, made me think of this...

Have you ever tried an Italian Renaissance style? The hair is roped and coiled, then laced with ribbon. Other similar techniques: Flemish and Dutch.

The hair retains the "waves & spirals" if handled gently when it's taken down. Depending upon your hair, it might last several days.

I've worn my hair "up" in this style for a week or more, especially when active in RennFests. (My hair tends to curl back up with a vengence as soon as it's loose!)

If you, or anyone else, is interested, I'll share links to the "how-to" sites. There are several excellent ones done by SCAdian Ladies.
    "3-something-of-everything."
    My name is Welsh for player of the harp.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file