The big guns

love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398
So, I had a rough Sunday with my hair... Most likely, I was just projecting on to my hair all of the other generalized complaints that I have right now.... Anyway, I pulled out all the stops this morning and am happy with my hair again :D Here is what I did.

- WET IT
- sprayed on an ACV and water concoction
- rinsed
- poured some liquid coffee over my hair
- rinsed
- applied a generous amount of Miss Key 10 en 1
- wet-brushed
- left the condish in for about 3-4 minutes
- rinsed
- applied some CurlyBrunette Shea It Aint So
- applied a mixture of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-Angell-p-57.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-angell]Devacurl Angel[/buylink]l, honey and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Mixed-Chicks-Leave-in-Conditioner-p-279.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=mixed-chicks-leavein-conditioner]Mixed Chicks leave-in[/buylink]
- air dried

Anyone else have any "big guns" that you pull out and use to get your hair "back on track"? I pretty much knew that these things would make my hair look my best and they did.
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
- Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)

Comments

• ~915~~915~ Registered Users Posts: 519
    I love the subject line. Yes! I have big guns that I use after I've tried experimenting with so many products that my hair is angry. They are:

ACV rinse (to get definition back)
    Jessicurl's Too Shea (to add moisture)
    Pure olive oil slathered in wet hair and then tied in a bun for 24 hours. (to soften and smooth)
    Biolage Gelee (to look good)

These are the four things that I've run back to over and over.
  • ColochaColocha Registered Users Posts: 344
    Yes...
    Washing with avalon organics shampoo,
    Condition and,
    Applying coconut oil or shea with aloe on wet hair with flax seed gel.
    Two days ago I used some aloe vera gel and it worked as well.
    "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

Hair type: 3b/c
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398
    I want to try both of your "BG routines" - they sound excellent :D

Anyone else?
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file