Easter Outfits

deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Has anyone started looking at clothes for Easter (if you celebrate it).... I saw these for Liam at OldNavy.com and thought they were so cute.

on517031-00p01v01.jpg

Hubby is working from home today so I called him to ask him what he thought (Bad Idea):error:

(after he arrives at the website on his home laptop)

Me: Aren't they cute? What do you think for Liam for Easter?

DH: OMG Hon... 1. They look like something your Mom put you in from circa 1977. 2. Remember when you go to college and buy your first pitiful couch from the Salvation Army... They look like that! or 3. Confetti Vomit!!

Me: Guess you don't like them huh?

back to the drawing board I guess. anyone else start to pick out outfits?

~d
Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old

Comments

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I have JJ's - navy pants, blue plaid shirt, and blue argyle vest. I think he's going to look so cute! But nothing like what I could do with a little girl....
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    Amneris wrote: »
    I have JJ's - navy pants, blue plaid shirt, and blue argyle vest. I think he's going to look so cute! But nothing like what I could do with a little girl....
    Find me an outfit for my daughter - under $50! :)
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    deedles wrote: »

DH: OMG Hon... 1. They look like something your Mom put you in from circa 1977. 2. Remember when you go to college and buy your first pitiful couch from the Salvation Army... They look like that! or 3. Confetti Vomit!!

Your DH sounds like mine. I had some Babylegs on Dylan the other day, and DH was merciless. I thought he looked adorable.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    Munchy - Old Navy has some cute baby girl dresses. I like this one a lot
    on517111-01p01v01.jpg

Gymboree has some cute stuff too. I like this one (which has a mathing hat) and this one.

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    Munchy wrote: »

There's a gorgeous cream, print and chocolate brown tiered dress in solid blocks of colour at Gymboree - might be a little more than $50, but I am drooling over it and actually considering buying it for a future girl!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users

There's a gorgeous cream, print and chocolate brown tiered dress in solid blocks of colour at Gymboree - might be a little more than $50, but I am drooling over it and actually considering buying it for a future girl!

I almost bought something at Target the other day on the 50% chance I'm having a girl. Don't they have a 90 day return policy? I'll probably find out the sex by then... :lol:

Amneris, I hope we get our girls someday!
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
    iris427 wrote: »

I almost bought something at Target the other day on the 50% chance I'm having a girl. Don't they have a 90 day return policy? I'll probably find out the sex by then... :lol:

Amneris, I hope we get our girls someday!

Amen! And I meant cream, pink and chocolate brown - shantung silk. That's it - I'm going shopping today! (maybe I'll pick up a little something for my ACTUAL existing child as well, LOL!)

.png

534Pm5.png

Don't do it! You know if you start buying a bunch of girl stuff, you're going to jinx yourself and end up with 5 boys. :laughing9:

• Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Bailey422 wrote: »
    Gymboree has some cute stuff too. I like this one (which has a mathing hat).

I love this one!

You all are making me want a little girl!
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    ive been keeping an eye out for easter dresses but i cant find one that is...eastery enough. im figuring my parents will buy her a dress. my parents idea of a suitable easter dress is one that is ultra girly and extra poofy with the white ruffly socks. the whole sha-bang. i guess that has contaminated my image of an easter dress because thats what im holding out for.
    oh and deddles--i love those pants!! i might have to get my munchkin some...i dont care if theyre for boys!
    subbrock wrote: »
    ive been keeping an eye out for easter dresses but i cant find one that is...eastery enough. im figuring my parents will buy her a dress. my parents idea of a suitable easter dress is one that is ultra girly and extra poofy with the white ruffly socks. the whole sha-bang. i guess that has contaminated my image of an easter dress because thats what im holding out for.

I agree... those are the dresses I grew up with too... and there must be an Easter bonnet as well!

.png

534Pm5.png

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Deedles, my husband would have the same reaction. I have always had to dress DS as a little man. I did however get away with a few babish clothes when he was under the age of 1. :)

I have yet to find an Easter outfit or even look. I should probably hit the Children's place very soon since Easter is early this year.
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    deedles - my husband would LOVE those pants. He's been into that pattern ever since I met him.

I bought Lucy this dress from Gymboree with the bodysuit to go underneath it since it will probably be cold.

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524445970885&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306235429&bmUID=1204061752195&productSizeSelected=0

They are having a huge baby sale, and I had a coupon so I got a great deal.

Poor Sophia isn't getting a new Easter outfit. I have an old dress of Lucy's that she can wear. I feel kind of guilty, but it just seems stupid to buy her something new when there's a barely worn dress just sitting in the closet.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
    I agree... those are the dresses I grew up with too... and there must be an Easter bonnet as well!

haha yes! you cant forget that! oh and we also had little white gloves too. fab-u-lous!
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    Jenny C - that dress you bought is adorable!

deedles - I have to admit, I certainly wouldn't pick those pants out for DS - but I'm sure they would look cute on a little boy. I don't mind the pattern - it's just the colour combination that makes it a bit...bold!

For my family, easter outfits have never really been a big deal. If we go to someone's house for dinner (special occasion or not) I do dress DS up nicely.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png

That's so funny. It's right in the window at the local Gymboree and I too was drooling over it a few weeks ago. I don't want to spend $50 on a dress for her though, especially because we may not go to church for Easter. Not sure the plan yet.
    munchy--her face in your avatar is too cute!
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users

That's so funny. It's right in the window at the local Gymboree and I too was drooling over it a few weeks ago. I don't want to spend $50 on a dress for her though, especially because we may not go to church for Easter. Not sure the plan yet.

Munchy - Gymboree is having a huge baby sale until Saturday. Practically everything is on sale, and then there is 20% off the sale price. Check it out, you might be able to get it pretty cheap.

With my coupon, I got a few tee shirits that were originally $19.50 for $8.00.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    My issue is trying to find coordinating outfits for my girls. Kennedy is in 4T (at 2!) and Cassi is in 3-6 months. Usually the matching stuff start at 12 months. I don't care if it's matching - coordinating is fine. Wish me luck!
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    oh- last year we all posted the easter dresses/outfits after easter. I say we do it again this year! :)
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
    subbrock wrote: »
    munchy--her face in your avatar is too cute!

Hee! Daddy is lazy sometimes and instead of giving her a bath, he brings her in the shower - that was the first time a few weeks ago. I asked if she was scared or cried - he sent me that pic after and said, "look at that tough girl - no crying!"

I may check out the sale at Gymboree for this dress
    140031391?$240x305$
    I have to get more bare minerals at the mall anyway, so it doesn't hurt to look :)
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    oh- last year we all posted the easter dresses/outfits after easter. I say we do it again this year! :)

Yep!!!
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
    I am definitely all over posting pics after Easter!

Yep, Munchy, that is the dress - I just may get it. If I don't end up with a girl biologically or through adoption/fostering, it will make a beautiful gift for someone else's girl.

I need to get MY Easter outfit. Easter outfits were always a huge deal for everyone in my family.

.png

534Pm5.png

My issue is trying to find coordinating outfits for my girls. Kennedy is in 4T (at 2!) and Cassi is in 3-6 months. Usually the matching stuff start at 12 months. I don't care if it's matching - coordinating is fine. Wish me luck!

Wow, Kennedy is a BIG girl!

The matching or coordinating stuff is very cute! My mama used to match us, but she or my grandmama made a lot of the clothes. Do you know someone who sews?

I have seen matching boy-girl outfits on line that are SO cute, for if I get my girl. Gymboree sometimes has similar things in the infant and kid sizes, too (can you tell I love that store? I'm almost sad that JJ got so many clothes as gifts that I rarely need to buy him any!)

.png

534Pm5.png

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oooh, I love that dress Munchy!! Chas didn't have an easter outfit last year. Hopefully we'll do something this year. My sister wants us to come to her house but I hate traveling on holiday weekends.
  • imagenimagen Posts: 343Registered Users
    I bought this dress today:

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/60000193/thumbs/105/tn4_6536502.jpg

I'd like to do the whole Easter bonnet thing but Laura hates hats and won't keep them on, so I'll wait till she is a bit older for the whole bonnet, gloves and little purse business.
    .png

.png
  • shirleytemple13shirleytemple13 Posts: 328Registered Users
    Why did someone have to post the Gymboree weblink. I am sooo in love with that store. I *Need* the strawberry outfits since I just found out yesterday I'm having a girl.
    2a/3a very fine and thin waves/curls
    DevaCurl NoPoo/Angel 2x weekly

Miracle baby Victoria Elise arrived 08/10/08
    Congratulations on your girl, shirleytemple!

.png

534Pm5.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file