How to style 3B hair?

jextaimexjextaimex Posts: 4Registered Users
Hey everyone!

I have 3B hair that turns into little ringlets at the end, currently I have it in layers that are getting a bit long, so I want to get it cut again. But I have some styling problems and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

My hair is often very healthy, and I don't have too much problems with frizz. I get frizz in the summer, but I don't really mind too much - I like it to look natural, so I just accept the frizz as a "fact of life". I hate to straighten it, mostly because I am way too lazy. I also love how my curls make me feel more "ethnic pride" (I'm Jewish).

I have a quite large forehead and my hairline starts a bit back. The top of my hair is always very flat. I have a kind of heart, and kind of oval shaped face. I need a hairstyle that will both bring down my forehead but also work with my curls. Any suggestions?

Here are some pictures so you can get a better idea.

n1479900304_30080015_7441.jpg
n1479900304_30104277_6168.jpg
n1479900304_30077431_6278.jpg

I much apologize for the last one, its strange. :laughing9: but it shows my hair better.

Comments

• Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Posts: 3,135Registered Users
    You and your hair are stunning.

I think that for the results you are looking for, simply the right cut would work wonders. A few face framing shorter curls work miracles in "forehead reduction." Having some layers in the canopy would weigh it down less, reducing flat head.

You can already see, if you look at the last one, a couple of curls are sort of popping forward over the forehead on the left. (The photo's left, which is probably your right.) You can already see the effect of just that is mitigating forehead real estate. That could happen more with a few face framing shorter curls.
  • prettysinisterprettysinister Posts: 67Registered Users
    RiotCrrl has some great advice in her post, and if you're looking for style ideas, I'd recommend ordering Nicole Siri's book "Strictly Curls." I'm a 3B as well, and most of the styles in the book look great on my hair, and they're made in ways that I'm not tugging out hairs along with my ponytail holders.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think that Riot Crrl post is pretty dead on. A cut can make all the difference. FWIW, I like the style you already have, espeacially in the second pic. You have a great look, and I don't think that your forehead is too big.

For updos and half dos I also like Strictly Curls, so that's two recs for that book
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • Snokitti77Snokitti77 Posts: 5Registered Users
    Hi Jextaimex! Can I ask what your routine and products are? Your curls looks gorgeous!
    I find that using clips at the top roots while my hair is drying helps to battle a flat head, and of course the cut like everyone said.
    I think your "open" forhead looks great though, it makes you look bright, glowing and beautiful- and quite svelte, like a model.
    thanks,
    Omega
  • jextaimexjextaimex Posts: 4Registered Users
    Thanks everyone! Your suggestions are great, and its good to know I don't have to do anything drastic, I was afraid of that! :)

Snokitti77 - Thank you! :) Normally I use Pantene Hydrating Curls Shampoo and Conditioner and Sunsilk De-Frizz creme. I'm far too cheap to buy the stuff they sell here on Naturallycurly, haha.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file