Is it weird to take belly pics in my underwear?

iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
I've been having FI take my belly pics in a bra and pants or a bra and panties because then it is easiest to see my belly since I am still in my first trimester. I tried to wear nice underwear but it's not like sexy lingerie sets or anything.

But apparently my family thinks it's weird for me to show them pictures of me in my underwear. My mom just asked me to take some pictures with my clothes on so she can send them to my brother and niece. It's not like you can see anything--same as a bathing suit. I was going to send belly pics like that to my friends but I don't want people to think it's weird.

Am I an exhibitionist or is it no big deal?
3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Just a wee bit exhibitionist. I wouldn't show my family pics of me in my underwear, pregnant or not, but other families might be more uninhibited.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'll be completely honest and say I was a little :shock: to see the one you post the 'net. [Although that was a bra and some sort of pants, if I remember correctly, so not quite the same.]

I know it's actually no different than the other 'bump' pics on that thread as far as actual exposure. But there is a huge psychological difference with underwear versus a bandeau top or a shirt pulled up.

I wouldn't give F+F pics like that, personally. I might take them, but they would be for my and my SO's eyes only.

You may feel comfortable with it, but it sounds like your family might not be, so why not oblige them?

As for your friends, that could be completely different. I am way more likely to be comfortable with partial nudity with my friends than my family for some reason.
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    wild~hair wrote: »
    I'll be completely honest and say I was a little :shock: to see the one you post the 'net. [Although that was a bra and some sort of pants, if I remember correctly, so not quite the same.]

I know it's actually no different than the other 'bump' pics on that thread as far as actual exposure. But there is a huge psychological difference with underwear versus a bandeau top or a shirt pulled up.

I wouldn't give F+F pics like that, personally. I might take them, but they would be for my and my SO's eyes only.

You may feel comfortable with it, but it sounds like your family might not be, so why not oblige them?

As for your friends, that could be completely different. I am way more likely to be comfortable with partial nudity with my friends than my family for some reason.

I'm happy to oblige them. I was just wondering if I'm weird. I guess so :lol:
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
    I don't think you're weird. You're comfortable with your body, that's cool.

My reaction to the one on this site was because I always think the web is crawling with pervs. There are so many people lurking around here as guests. One look at the 'who's online' sealed it for me. They might be perfectly nice people just interested in hair products. But the cynic in me doesn't think so!

Will any harm come of it? Almost 100% certainly not. It's more the idea of it that skeeves me out, personally.
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    I don't think it's wierd at all, but like wild~hair said, it's definitely a psychological thing. If you were in your bikini, no one would care, but undergarments make people uncomfortable.

My family wouldn't care, but I can understand how some people might be uncomfortable.
    3c/4a
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I didn't even notice on the other thread. :lol:

But now that you mention it, that's a cute little bra you were wearing. :)

It wasn't an obscene picture or anything like that. But as the girls start growing, you might want to wear something that's not an undergrament. You want your belly to be the focus of the picture.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Just wear a sports bra and some kind of shorts or pants. That won't distract from the belly.

And call me a prude, but I'm with your mom - I'd feel really weird sending pictures of my daughter in her undergarments to other family members.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    PartyHair wrote: »
    Just wear a sports bra and some kind of shorts or pants. That won't distract from the belly.

And call me a prude, but I'm with your mom - I'd feel really weird sending pictures of my daughter in her undergarments to other family members.

I don't own a sports bra. What about a bathing suit top that is not too skimpy?

Medussa, good point about later when my breasts get larger. Right now though, they're not apt to distract anyone! Still A cups :lol:
    Why not just pull your shirt up, keeping your breasts covered?
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    I took many of mine in panties. Just do a close up so the belly is the focus
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • deezee02deezee02 Posts: 1,509Registered Users
    Take 2 sets, one in a bathing suit (or underwear) for yourself and then a covered pic to show (short and a tank or sports bra)
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
    wild~hair wrote: »
    Why not just pull your shirt up, keeping your breasts covered?

The first couple of weeks, it was hard to see any belly when I did that, but I could probably do that now.

I'll probably do two sets of pictures now each week, one in my underwear or a bathing suit, and one in clothes for other people.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I agree underwear doesn't show any more than a bikini but it is psychologically different for some people. My family wouldn't care because we're pretty close and open. That said, I wouldn't be showing belly pics to my fam and definitely not my extended fam, except maybe one at the end when I was big - I don't see why they would need to see ones in the first and second trimester when I am barely showing anyway - why? I guess it is different for your family, but I saw those pictures as more private between my husband and myself except for a selected few - didn't even like posting them here (but I'm getting over that now.) If your family consider them pictures for public viewing, a pregnant belly exposed is already pretty intimate so adding underwear shouldn't make a difference. But why can't you take them in a sports bra or lifted up top and pants with the waist pulled down?
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Amneris wrote: »
    I agree underwear doesn't show any more than a bikini but it is psychologically different for some people. My family wouldn't care because we're pretty close and open. That said, I wouldn't be showing belly pics to my fam and definitely not my extended fam, except maybe one at the end when I was big - I don't see why they would need to see ones in the first and second trimester when I am barely showing anyway - why? I guess it is different for your family, but I saw those pictures as more private between my husband and myself except for a selected few - didn't even like posting them here (but I'm getting over that now.) If your family consider them pictures for public viewing, a pregnant belly exposed is already pretty intimate so adding underwear shouldn't make a difference. But why can't you take them in a sports bra or lifted up top and pants with the waist pulled down?

The only reason I sent them to my parents is because they asked if we were taking any and when I said yes, that they wanted to see them. My out of town friends have been asking to see belly pics too. Otherwise I agree, there's not a lot to see at this point.

Like I said, since they do think it's weird, I will oblige and take pictures in my clothes for them and keep taking the underwear ones just for FI and me to have. And I don't own a sports bra (I guess that's weird too!).
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I say too each their own.

I always took my pictures with my shirt tucked above my belly and my pants below my belly. No underwear showing but that was just me. I also took pics of me with my shirt over my belly but pulled tight. I sent both pics to my sister's .... letting them decide if they wanted to show my nieces and nephews a bare belly or covered belly. Other family and friends (except for close girlfriends), I always sent covered belly pics.
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I wouldn't have a problem taking the pics, but I wouldn't show them to people, theywoudl be just for me, I guess.

Belly pics I have, just pull up my shirt, pull down the pants just a bit, etc. Even at around 16 to 20 weeks when I was barely showing, you can see a tiny belly there, not much though.

ETA: You're not even 13 weeks. If they are asking for them, I would let them know that at this point, there isn't much to see, and that many women don't show until 16 weeks and later with their first pregnancy.
    :rambo:
  • EliciaElicia Posts: 881Registered Users
    get one of those cute Tankini bathing suits .
    it still looks like a bathing suit , but you can share it with family and friends
    :binky::roll::eye:
    national anthem for self-pity :binky:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawR7VYNdNg
  • KitaraKitara Posts: 1,224Registered Users
    To me, it's no big deal, but then the belly pictures I posted on the other site I'm on I just covered my breasts with my arm. Guess I'm really REALLY weird :laughing5:.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    For yourself, take them however you want. Only you know what you'll want to remember later or show your child.

Your family probably does not want underwear pictures of you. And if your mother wants to share them with Great Aunt Sylvie, she probably would rather you wear clothes. I know mine would.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file