Foundation makes me look older!!

I think my foundation was making me look older and added more wrinkles!! I also think it's bad for my skin. I read the ingredients and it had titanium dioxiode and that's used to keep house paints from separating!

I'm interested in bare minerals or something. Anyone use them?

Speckla

Comments

• ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    i use meow-perfect puss (the lightest coverage). i used to use bare minerals by bare escentuals, but it started to look chalky.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Titanium Dioxide (and zinc oxide) are used in most mineral makeups, including Bare Minerals I think. They aren't bad for skin, and both ingredients are natural barrier sunscreens, so they could be described as "good" for skin.

I use Meow Purrfect Puss mineral makeup (and many others, but Meow is my favorite). It works well for me, but I'm oily. If you have dry skin, you might want to try their other formulations, or look for a mineral makeup that has vitamin e in it's ingredients. Barefacedminerals.com has 2 formulations (called Velvet Plush and Velvet Glove) that are just gloriously creamy for dry skinned folks who have trouble with foundation settling in fine lines. They sell sample sizes:

http://www.barefacedminerals.com/Velvet-Plush-is-Here-c-291.html
  • LilyWavesLilyWaves Posts: 224Registered Users
    I really like Jane Iredale Amazing Base mineral foundation. It doesn't settle into pores or the lines around my eyes when I smile and best of all it feels like I'm wearing nothing at all. It comes in both a powder and liquid (have not tried the liquid but it is supposedly better for drier skin) and I dust on a little Bare Minerals Mineral Veil to set everything. I'm really happy with this combination because it doesn't emphasize skin imperfections like many foundations and looks very natural.
    This is where I ordered mine:http://www.dermstore.com/profile_Jane+Iredale_100098.htm
    2b
    conditioner - AOHR
    shampoo - Beauty Without Cruelty Rosemary Mint Tea Tree
    styling products - KCCC, BRHG, Boots Curl Creme, Re:coil
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Titanium Dioxide (and zinc oxide) are used in most mineral makeups, including Bare Minerals I think. They aren't bad for skin, and both ingredients are natural barrier sunscreens, so they could be described as "good" for skin.

I use Meow Purrfect Puss mineral makeup (and many others, but Meow is my favorite). It works well for me, but I'm oily. If you have dry skin, you might want to try their other formulations, or look for a mineral makeup that has vitamin e in it's ingredients. Barefacedminerals.com has 2 formulations (called Velvet Plush and Velvet Glove) that are just gloriously creamy for dry skinned folks who have trouble with foundation settling in fine lines. They sell sample sizes:

http://www.barefacedminerals.com/Velvet-Plush-is-Here-c-291.html

You have very beautiful skin from what few pix I've seen...thank you!! :)

I thought for sure those were the bad ingredients in my foundation.

Speckla

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file