CurlTalk

No Poo Method & Dandruff

ReigneReigne Posts: 8Registered Users
I am going to try the No Poo methodon my 2C curls. But I get dandruff once every month and a half or so. Do you think I should still use the No Poo method. If so do you have any suggestion for what I could do?
If you are suggesting products make sure they are available in Australia. Thanks..
Reigne

Comments

• midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users
    Before I started a No-Poo regiment in June of last year, I had really bad dandruff/dry scalp issues. Once I started co-washing (or washing my hair with conditioner) my flaky scalp issue disappeared.

I don't consider myself "no-poo" anymore since I started washing my hair with a non-sulfate shampoo once a month, however I still continue to co-wash and have remained dandruff-free.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • enelyaenelya Posts: 69Registered Users
    And if your dandruff does contuine, there's a natural lemon juice mixture you can try.

Squeeze the juice from one fresh lemon into a cup of water. Massage your scalp for a few minutes with the lemon peel then rince your hair with the lemon and water mixture. I use this once a week before I shampoo and it works wonders!!

I also sterlize my combs in a mixture of one part lemon juice to one part water overnight to help stop the spread and contuination of dandruff.
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users
    I will have to try that method eneyla.

I used baking soda w/ water or vingear w/ water and I didn't have any dandruff at all. I also added a capful of Tee Tree oil to the mixture and left this on for 10 minutes.
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC, Eco Styler
    Leave-In: KCKT, Garnier WB Coconut & Cocoa Butter LI
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
  • SweetpeasSweetpeas Posts: 58Registered Users
    Yes I second this method Enelya! It has works wonders for me.
    enelya wrote: »
    And if your dandruff does contuine, there's a natural lemon juice mixture you can try.

Squeeze the juice from one fresh lemon into a cup of water. Massage your scalp for a few minutes with the lemon peel then rince your hair with the lemon and water mixture. I use this once a week before I shampoo and it works wonders!!

I also sterlize my combs in a mixture of one part lemon juice to one part water overnight to help stop the spread and contuination of dandruff.
    Currently Transitioning!!!
    Co-Wash 2x per week: PM The Detangler
    Scalp Cleanser 1x per month: V05 Con mixed w/ Brown Sugar
    Leave-In: PM The Conditioner Leave-In
    Styling Gel Staple: PM Spray Gel