my crazy waves need some help.

natalie.jay32natalie.jay32 Registered Users Posts: 6
I have really frizzy wavey hair and i cant seem to find a product that will relax them and gives me those soft beachy waves that look oh so good! Is there any product that anybody knows about that can help?

Comments

• KatiecurlKatiecurl Registered Users Posts: 236
    What are you using right now? Are you currently shampooing?
    2a/b. I love AOHR!
  • 2poodles2poodles Registered Users Posts: 2,485 Curl Connoisseur
    A photo and an idea of your current routine would be helpful. Off the top of my head, I'd say you need to deep condition and stop using 'cones and 'poo, if you still are. A good drug store deep conditioner that folks around here like is Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deeep conditioner - make sure it's the original formula. Good luck and hope this helps you get started!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• natalie.jay32natalie.jay32 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Right now im using a garnier fructis curling mouse, but its leaving my hair very stiff and turning my waves straight. Im shampooing, conditioning, and about 3 times a week i use a sunsilk deep conditioning mask.
  • KatiecurlKatiecurl Registered Users Posts: 236
    Natalie,

I would stop using Sunsilk... I've never tried it, but a lot of other board members have. I've read that most of their products are TERRIBLE for curls/waves.

What shampoo are you using? You might want to think about CO washing (washing with just conditioner) or purchasing a gentle, low lathering shampoo. I only shampoo 1-2 times a week, and then water wash the other days, focusing on massaging my scalp.

The drugstore stylers I like for my waves are Alagio Crazy Curl Balm (my hair LOVES this, but only for a couple of applications due to proteins... I have to rotate it), Loreal Out of Bed (in a small black tub), and 3-and-1 conditioning mousse (a white bottle with purple writing).

My favorite conditioner right now is Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. It smells like diaper cream, but it makes my hair awesomely soft. It's a little pricey... $10... but it's worth it. The smell doesn't linger, either. You can find it at health food stores.
    2a/b. I love AOHR!
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    I can't use anything with 'cones or I end up with frizzy, poufy mess.

I love the conditioner I use now (Kenra Moisturizing) but I know many people find it too heavy for their hair.

Giving up shampoo helped me immensely also.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file