My Almost-Deva Cut

madmb20madmb20 Registered Users Posts: 117
I found naturallycurly.com about 2 months ago and after reading up on all the products and suggestions I made an appt with a stylist in my area for a Deva haircut. I had a consultation and the stylist gave me a Deva-product only routine to follow for two weeks before getting my hair cut. The day of the haircut she told me to let my hair air dry with no product in it. It being New England and 30 degrees outside, my hair dried very flat with barely there waves. As soon as I walked in the salon they stylist took one look at me and said there was no way she could give me a Deva cut because it would look awful. I ended up with a basic layered haircut and she told me to come back when it was more humid and maybe she could work with me then. I don't think I'll go back. I was a bit disappointed in the experience, although my hair is curling great now with a few inches cut off & some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] (which I bought on my way out of the salon). Just wanted to share in case any other 2As are thinking about a Deva cut.
2A/B
still working on it
:wink:

Comments

• naisnais Registered Users Posts: 5
    That is a bummer that your hair was misbehaving that day. I just had a Deva cut about a month ago for the first time and it was great. It was raining here in San Francisco, so my hair was fairly curly. I am really happy with the cut and hope you won't be discouraged to try it when your hair is curlier with humidity. I am a 2a-c with fine, long hair.

My hair even looks better when I straighten it and curl the ends. Now I find that truly impressive.
    2A-C Long fine colored dark brown hair
  • hopetocurlhopetocurl Registered Users Posts: 1,280
    See that is exactly why I am not so sure that I want to go for the DevaCut. It seems that maybe for type 2 people, maybe the Devacut isn't all that special for us. I am NOT doubting that for people with curlier hair it can be a godsend... (see my poll on the post about DevaCuts.)
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • madmb20madmb20 Registered Users Posts: 117
    I'm not sure if I want 2 go back and try the Deva cut when it gets more humid because it'll eventually be winter again and my hair will go back to what it is now and the stylist told me it would look horrid. I think I'm on the fence right now. The stylist didn't exactly inspire confidence though. Mayb I'll search around for a new one during the summer.
    2A/B
    still working on it
    :wink:
  • hopetocurlhopetocurl Registered Users Posts: 1,280
    I am sorry that the Devacut didn't work out for you. However, I think that it is refreshing that the stylist was actually honest with you, instead of just taking your money.

I haven't done the DevaCut. I have a stylist that is really working with me. She borrowed my Curly Girl book and is reading it, she let me bring my own products in because hers are not CG. She always listens to me. She even asked about the lavendar spray water. I don't feel like I could ask for any more than that.
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file