please tell me my hair will improve soon...

JamieVJamieV Registered Users Posts: 158
I just wanted to share...I have been really taking good care f my hair since July when I started modified CG. It was starting to get more curl and shiny and healthy and also growing long again.
I found out wonderful news on my birthday last week, that I am expecting (my 3rd one)
I am disappointed because my hair looks awful. Its less wavy...and I do not want to straighten it, I want to keep wearing it natural.
I ordered a shower filter for my birthday and maybe that will at least help it some. I don't know how my curls were affected in my first two pregnancies because I straightened it and my hair seemed healthy. But it must have always gone back to normal because I could always wear it wavy/curly after I had them.
Of course it is worth it to have crappy hair for a baby! :) But I am disappointed, I was hoping to be one of those who stays the same or gets more curl. Does anyone have any encouraging experiences with their hair when pregnant, like maybe after the 1st tri-mester it can get better?
2c thick, heavy waves. Started CG (lo poo) in July '07. before that I straightened it and used hot rollers for years. pw wavy

Comments

• hopetocurlhopetocurl Registered Users Posts: 1,280
    Congratulations. I don't know what to tell you. I felt like my hair lost all of it's curl after my youngest was born...he'll be 5 in July. I feel like I am finally getting some of the curl(wave...whatever) back. The only thing I do know is that if you want to start growing your hair long...now is the time to do it. :wink:
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • JamieVJamieV Registered Users Posts: 158
    2c thick, heavy waves. Started CG (lo poo) in July '07. before that I straightened it and used hot rollers for years. pw wavy
  • eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    Congrats! Just keep taking care of your hair during the pregnancy. Usually hair stays in the grow cycle until after the baby is born. You might experience some hair loss then. In the meantime, you'll just have to see what your hair does with the changing hormones.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Curl Neophyte
    Congratulations! My hair seems to have stayed the same, so I don't have any advice, but you might repost this in the pregnancy forum. I know there has been some talk of this there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file