I had one of THOSE nights...

medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
where the baby just cried and cried and I had no idea what was wrong. I tried everything.

Eventually she was able to fall asleep with her head on my chest with me sitting up.

So sad. :(

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    (((hugs)))
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    medussa wrote: »
    where the baby just cried and cried and I had no idea what was wrong. I tried everything.

Eventually she was able to fall asleep with her head on my chest with me sitting up.

So sad. :(

Has she been sick? Is she getting sick?

On those long-crying nights, it usually turned out to be either an illness coming on, or one of those ear infections that love to come along and torment a child who you thought was all better.
  • puffinpuffin Posts: 205Registered Users
    Ugh, I feel for you. I agree with RCW - is she getting sick? Hopefully you can take it easy today.:-(
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    Hugs. Hope she's a-okay and just had an off night.
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    I feel your pain! We have had one of those nights the past two days. He hasn't been feeling good though. Damn teething... I hope your little one has a better day today!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    I'm sorry. I hope you guys have a better go of it tonight.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Thanks for the support. She's back to her old self this morning. She slept until 10am.

Lilly has had a runny nose (with no fever or change in appetite) for weeks. We had her well visit last Tuesday and her chest was clear. She certainly could be teething. She napped very little yesterday. 10-10:45, 2-2:30 and 7:20-7:50pm. Then she proceeded to stay awake until 9:30pm. That's very little sleep for her, so something was keeping her awake. Maybe she was overtired.

I just don't know. I'm hoping she sleeps better today.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Aw, I'm sorry! Those nights really suck, and when we had them, I usually ended up crying with the baby. It's such a terrible helpless feeling! I'm glad she's feeling better this morning and I hope you have a better night tonight.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Awww, I hope tonight is better for you both.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Was last night any better for you two?
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    there is a really nasty bug going around - both my girls slept like this with mommy & daddy last week.

is she feeling ok?
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Hope things are better, H~
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Lilly played catch up yesterday. She slept until 10am and then took one long nap from 1:30-5pm. I tried to put her down for the night at 8:30pm but she was fighting it. I let her stay up another hour and tried to nurse her to sleep in bed. I really thought it would be a repeat performance, since she was crying at the breast and kicking her feet frantically. At one point I unlatched her to pull off my sweatshirt, as I muttered "I'm not doing this again, Lilly." When I turned around to put her back on the breast, she was asleep. And she slept through until 7:30am. :toothy7:

Thanks for asking. I honestly think she was simply overtired from not napping.
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yea! I'm glad last night was better! :compress:
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Sorry I am late to this, but glad she is feeling better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file