Spinoff from Dia's dislike thread

geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
Would you want to know what people really thought of you and why, even if it was negative?
To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I could not care less. Honestly.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • ScaryCurlScaryCurl Posts: 138Registered Users
    Like I said in Dia's thread. I know who likes me and who doesn't. For those that don't, I could really care less.
    Hair type: 3C. Favorite products for the moment: CONDITIONER: Elucence MBC, LEAVE-IN COND: Curls Rock. CURL ENHANCER: Frederic Fekkai Luscious Curls. GEL: Ouidad Climate Control (HG), FINISHING: Frederic Fekkai Glossing Creme.
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    I think we all know the truth about ourselves. We don't need to ask.
    ;)
  • hayseedladyhayseedlady Posts: 646Registered Users
    You can tell me, I'm a big girl and can take it. Not that I'll care or it will make me cry or not sleep at night.
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    I think I would care more why someone didn't like something about me. If it's someone whose opinion I respect, I would want to know if there's something I should be aware of that is negative about me. If it's something I can change and think that I should change, I'll work on it.

If you just don't like a person, it's hard to see them objectively and be able to give constructive criticism. It's easier to be constructive if you are able to pinpoint a certain characteristic about the person.
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
    dia99 wrote:
    I think I would care more why someone didn't like something about me. If it's someone whose opinion I respect, I would want to know if there's something I should be aware of that is negative about me. If it's something I can change and think that I should change, I'll work on it.

If you just don't like a person, it's hard to see them objectively and be able to give constructive criticism. It's easier to be constructive if you are able to pinpoint a certain characteristic about the person.

Great post! You always word things so well. I've transcribed for the last 8 hours and can't even complete a thought..lol

Seriously, if someone truly didn't like me because of something I've done or said, or really need to change in certain areas, then I'm all for a little constructive criticism, but please be gentle. :wink: I think we all have room for improvement.

However, if you don't like me just because of a personality conflict or "just because," and there's nothing I can do to change, then my feelings would only get hurt and it wouldn't really resolve anything so what is there to gain? Unless you (general you) are just mean spirited and would get a rise out of it. And if that's the case, I don't care to hear it.
    Hair type: 3C. Favorite products for the moment: CONDITIONER: Elucence MBC, LEAVE-IN COND: Curls Rock. CURL ENHANCER: Frederic Fekkai Luscious Curls. GEL: Ouidad Climate Control (HG), FINISHING: Frederic Fekkai Glossing Creme.
    You can tell me, I'm a big girl and can take it. Not that I'll care or it will make me cry or not sleep at night.

Well since you gave the go ahead. HSL, I may not agree with or comprehend your lifestyle, I think you know what I mean, because we've all discussed it. However, I admire the fact that you had the nerve to bring it to the board and was honest about it. That took a lot of strength and I respect that. You seem very real. I've learned a lot from people like you willing to share private aspects of their lives that many of us may not have therwise been exposed to.

You also seem like a very cool mom and I've never seen you disrespect or be snarky to anyone here. So whether you care or sleep better tonight, ScaryCurl likes you. :wink:
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I pretty much know who likes me and who doesn't like me and I really don't care who the latter is. I spent some years worrying about whether I was liked or not and all it got me was a bunch of heartache. I'm much more carefree and happy now that I don't give a ****, and probably more people like me that way anyway.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    mrspoppers wrote:
    I pretty much know who likes me and who doesn't like me and I really don't care who the latter is. I spent some years worrying about whether I was liked or not and all it got me was a bunch of heartache. I'm much more carefree and happy now that I don't give a &%$@#!, and probably more people like me that way anyway.

Exactly. :wink:
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • Lydyybuggin76Lydyybuggin76 Posts: 219Registered Users

So agreed... :)

ETA- Mrspoppers has it correct, too!
    Here lies Jan Smith, wife of Thomas Smith, marble cutter. This monument was erected by her husband as a tribute to her memory and a specimen of his work. Monuments of this same style are two hundred and fifty dollars.
    -Gravestone Inscription
  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,905Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I can pretty much guess but if I had the opportunity to have full disclosure with details I'd take it in a heartbeat. It'd be very interesting to have a list of impressions of how I am perceived both IRL and cyber. Should I start my post today? :lol:
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
  • j'adorej'adore Posts: 1,966Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Don't give a rat's arse who likes me and who doesn't.
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
  • MzShvyMzShvy Posts: 121Registered Users
    I have a ,"here I am, take it or leave it" kind of attitude. I'm not out to impress anybody, so I really don't care.
    MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green
  • Kelly!Kelly! Posts: 21Registered Users
    You can like me, you can not like me. I'm not going to lose any sleep either way.
    "Love yourselves, nurture your students and make this world a better place by your having been part of it." --J. Howland
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    I have to deal with this all the time, and I've decided that I don't want to know what people think of me.

I teach at a college and every semester I get a stack of teaching evaluations that I have to read. I hate it!!! For every 20 fairly/constructively written ones, there will be 1 student who decides to write something hateful and personal (I teach sophomore organic chem, I'm surprised more students don't hate me). And that ONE eval will stick with me for days!

Last semester, at evaluation review time, I was 6 months pregnant and feeling like total crap and I decided for the first time that I am not even going to bother reading them. I just looked at the scantron printout for my overall ratings and just skipped the comment pages.
  • MzShvyMzShvy Posts: 121Registered Users
    I have to deal with this all the time, and I've decided that I don't want to know what people think of me.

I teach at a college and every semester I get a stack of teaching evaluations that I have to read. I hate it!!! For every 20 fairly/constructively written ones, there will be 1 student who decides to write something hateful and personal (I teach sophomore organic chem, I'm surprised more students don't hate me). And that ONE eval will stick with me for days!

Last semester, at evaluation review time, I was 6 months pregnant and feeling like total crap and I decided for the first time that I am not even going to bother reading them. I just looked at the scantron printout for my overall ratings and just skipped the comment pages.

Fail em'!!! :twisted:
    MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green
  • bouncebounce Posts: 297Registered Users
    MzShvy wrote:
    I have a ,"here I am, take it or leave it" kind of attitude. I'm not out to impress anybody, so I really don't care.

Agreed. And if I don't like you, I probably don't respect your opinion either so I could care less of the why.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    MzShvy wrote:
    Fail em'!!! :twisted:

I probably did - hence the nasty eval :wink:

Seriously, I should be more thickskinned - but I'm just not.
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,151Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    MzShvy wrote:

That's how I feel.
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file