Clinique 3-step cleaning system

cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
Anyone use it...likes/dislikes? I checked makeupalley.com and it had many negative reviews. I was watching Clinique on QVC and just wanted any feedback. TIA
cjc
3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
Palm Beach County, Fl

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i used it when i was a teenager because it was the only thing going, but i wouldn't use it now. the soap is too harsh, toner isn't necessary for anyone and there are way better moisturizers out there for less!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    cjc wrote: »
    Anyone use it...likes/dislikes? I checked makeupalley.com and it had many negative reviews. I was watching Clinique on QVC and just wanted any feedback. TIA

I use it and love it. I also use the Turnaround Concentrate twice a day after the Dramatically Different moisturizer. I love their All About Eyes eye cream in Rich.

My husband doesn't use the 3 step but he uses the gel moisturizer and his skin looks great.
  • memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    I used the Clinigue system for many years when I was in college and late into my 20s. I'm now 50 and wouldn't consider it for myself. I think it can be good for some people but I've found that my skin does best with a very mild cleanser and some very specific treatment products. I'm a big ingredient reader and most main stream systems include many ingredients that I would just as soon avoid while not including effective levels of the ingredients that I'm looking for. You might want to check out the long thread here and in the Over 40 section that discusses skincare routines.

M
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    The soap is harsh and the moisturizer makes me break out. The only thing I love is Clarifying Lotion. I've been using it for 20 years and nothing else compares.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's an antiquated approach to skin care, imo. :thumbdown:

I used it in my 20s, when no other companies seemed to be addressing my acne-prone skin. It did not help.
  • kcurlskcurls Posts: 205Registered Users
    There's an urban legend that the Clarifying Lotion will also take off nail polish. I've always wanted to go up to a Clinique counter and give it a try.
    3A - fine, just above shoulder length, w/red color and highlights.

Product: Suave Coconut leave in, Joico Joiwhip mousse, Angell or F/X Curl booster on wet hair. Sometimes rotate in ReCoil/CK.

Routine: Scrunch with cloth diapers, then use Shellynot's clipping method. Diffuse a bit without touching hair. Leave clips in at least half and hour. Remove clips and air dry.

Day 2: Pineapple, no product.

DT once a week with DevaCare OneC

ALSO:
    "I got a crush on Obama."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file