Samosa recipes?

MC07MC07 Posts: 41Registered Users
Hey

If anyone here has heard of Samosa's and could get some really good instructions I would really appreciate it. I need the recipe for a party I have to attend soon, thanks a bunch!

MC
If like isn't making you happy, then death certainly wont do the job either. Suicide is merely deciding to let go of all the things that defy you, to find out if you'll be happier without all the things that you love.

What do you love, and what can you let go? Can you let go of what you love?
Timothy Kevin Tanner

Comments

• KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    I've never made them, but these recipes sound pretty good.

http://www.cuisinecuisine.com/Samosa.htm

http://www.bawarchi.com/cookbook/fried1.html

Good Luck!
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Samosas are tricky - the first time, they might not turn out too well. I learned from my mama. She makes her own dough and wraps, but I am lazy and I buy the pre-made samosa wraps. The important thing is to keep them wet (cover them with a wet towel when you are working with them.) For the filling, you boil some potatoes and some peas and then mash up the soft potatoes a bit with some spices (cumin, amchur, chiles, cardamom) and whatever else you want to add. You then put a couple of spoonfuls on the middle of the samosa wrap, wrap it up in a triangle shape by pulling the corners in, and fry till golden brown (I use olive oil as it is healthier than other choices, and then dab off the oil) or you can bake them but they won't be as crispy.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• hopetocurlhopetocurl Posts: 1,280Registered Users
    If you have one near you Trader Joe's has frozen samosas that are very good. I really like them and can't manage to get anyone in my house to dine on Indian cuisine with me more than once every 6 months.... I eat these when I feel deprived.
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    hopetocurl wrote: »
    If you have one near you Trader Joe's has frozen samosas that are very good. I really like them and can't manage to get anyone in my house to dine on Indian cuisine with me more than once every 6 months.... I eat these when I feel deprived.

I just picked some of these up the other day and they are yummy! They bake up nice and crisp on the outside. I kind of picked these up for myself too since DH is "Mr. Boring" when it comes to trying different foods and won't go out with me for Indian cuisine.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Amneris wrote: »
    Samosas are tricky - the first time, they might not turn out too well. I learned from my mama. She makes her own dough and wraps, but I am lazy and I buy the pre-made samosa wraps. The important thing is to keep them wet (cover them with a wet towel when you are working with them.) For the filling, you boil some potatoes and some peas and then mash up the soft potatoes a bit with some spices (cumin, amchur, chiles, cardamom) and whatever else you want to add. You then put a couple of spoonfuls on the middle of the samosa wrap, wrap it up in a triangle shape by pulling the corners in, and fry till golden brown (I use olive oil as it is healthier than other choices, and then dab off the oil) or you can bake them but they won't be as crispy.

dang im hungry and i read this and im salivating like pavlov's dog! i was about to ask what are in samosas cause i'd heard of them before, now i want one!!!!
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file