PSF's PhytoNutriv Lightening Serum

LilahLilah Posts: 916Registered Users
Has anyone used this? I got a sample in my most recent order, but according to the PSF website I won't see results for 2 weeks.

I have very fair skin with a lot of reddish tones (not rosacea) and I'm always looking for a product to calm my skin. (I looked in the mirror this afternoon and my face was bright red-- not very attractive).

Here's the link to the product:)

https://www.psfskincare.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=PNLS-1&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dall%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DCCC4
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Lilah wrote: »
    Has anyone used this? I got a sample in my most recent order, but according to the PSF website I won't see results for 2 weeks.

I have very fair skin with a lot of reddish tones (not rosacea) and I'm always looking for a product to calm my skin. (I looked in the mirror this afternoon and my face was bright red-- not very attractive).

https://www.psfskincare.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=PNLS-1&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dall%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DCCC4

I haven't tried that exact product, but it's a kojic acid product, and kojic acid does work pretty well to reduce hyperpigmentation. I don't think it reduces "red" per se, more like dark or brown spots.
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Posts: 1,369Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

I haven't tried that exact product, but it's a kojic acid product, and kojic acid does work pretty well to reduce hyperpigmentation. I don't think it reduces "red" per se, more like dark or brown spots.

I'm so glad to hear that. I got my PSF order today with the lightening sample. I have this coffee colored spot on my left cheek. The derm said that the best way to treat it is to remove it (not too keen on that idea) or to lighten it. I heard that hydroquinone can be dangerous (carcinogen or something) so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

RCW, does this require a wait time too?

Sorry to guano, but I also have samples of the O2 rescue serum. When would be the best time to use it? AM or PM and before or after the lightening treatment?

TIA!
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    helloitsio wrote: »
    Sorry to guano, but I also have samples of the O2 rescue serum. When would be the best time to use it? AM or PM and before or after the lightening treatment?

TIA!

O2 rescue serum should be applied to clean dry skin. apply O2, let dry and then apply a second time and let dry...continue with other products. I apply twice in AM and sometimes once again to problem areas in the PM. the O2 serum is the best! well, at least for my skin. definitely worth the money to me.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users

i was using the one by DY, and it helped but i kept getting pimples, which was counterproductive. i received a sample PSF lightening serum, and thought it would be different from the DY, but it isn't. for some reason, whenever i use it, i get pimples, so i stopped using it.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Has anyone gotten good results with the PSF PhytoNutriv Lightening Serum?

I just ordered PSF PhytoNutriv Lightening Serum. Was concerned about using a product with HQ, and my spots are not *that* dark, so I figured I'd go the kojic acid route first to see if that will help me. I have been using SPF30 on my face and recently switched to SPF55. I will post back after I have a chance to use it and see results. I will only be applying it at night, so my results will probably be slower/less noticeable at first.

Does anyone know if this should go on before or after nighttime moisturizer or retinol product? I use a moisturizer only or retinol only on alternating nights. Thanks.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Just wanted to post back that I am pleased with the results I'm getting from PSF PhytoNutriv Lightening Serum. I've been using it each night (only; not applying in the morning too) for about 5 weeks and I have noticed a subtle lightening of the darks spots that I was concerned about. Also, my allover skintone has evened out. This product is working in a gentle manner on my skin -- I've had no peeling, redness or other irritation -- and I don't mind it being a more gradual process than products with hq in them. I will be repurchasing.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file