Bootleg Movies

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
Do you buy them?

Whats your reasoning behind buying them or not?

Sorry...that was supposed to be Bootleg, but it won't let me edit the poll :oops:
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I don't buy them, there is no movie I want to see so bad I can't wait til it comes out on legal dvd.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    What gekko said. If I'm that hot in the pants to see it, I will actually go to the theater.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    What Gekko and Geeky said. Plus, I'm a firm believer in copyright.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I believe in copyrights, and just don't understand the motivation behind it.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    No, I wouldn't purchase them, and I don't watch them when I'm around people who have purchased them.

Same thing with some of my students coming in now with movies they've downloaded off the Internet. I won't let them watch them in my class. Before you ask, I'm talking about lunch periods or recess when they just want to hang out in my room, not my class time. :D
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It's illegal...and just wrong, ethically, imo. It's tantamount to stealing.

• dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    Just wanted to add that this thread has spectacular trainwreck potential for honest curlies. 8)
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    I'm VERY anti-bootleg movies. It's illegal, plain and simple.

Same with getting "free" music off the internet - unless the artist makes it plain that he or she is ok with it being free.

Stealing is stealing...just because it's easy and available doesn't make it right.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    PartyHair wrote:
    Same with getting "free" music off the internet - unless the artist makes it plain that he or she is ok with it being free.

It's legal in Canada :wink:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote:

Ok.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote:

Technically, downloading music off the internet is legal, too. Only uploading it isn't.

I still think it's wrong, and have issues with it.

I *love*, however, that many current artists encourage use of sites such as archive.org for sharing live and non-album versions of songs.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's illegal.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    Being an artist, I would freak out if someone used one of my images or paintings or photographs without my permission (that's why I don't post them on the internet), so no, I won't buy or watch them.
    ________
    Laguna Heights Condos
  • ZARIA**ZARIA** Posts: 706Registered Users
    I dont buy them....But, I will watch at a friends if its a great copy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hispanic/Black 3A-B
    Mixed hair: Curls, waves and spirals.
    http://public.fotki.com/7788/hair-growth-ultra-n/
  • StarrwithoutniteStarrwithoutnite Posts: 1,732Registered Users
    Figure Ill be honest. I buy them here in Iraq. Im technically challenged so downloading and all that crap from the internet is beyond me :)

I buy Walmart the week the movies come out so its cheap! But no, I dont have problems sleeping at night from all my 'stealing'. (I have bought 3 since being here, John Tucker Must Die, World Trade Center and Santa Clause 3)
    "Someday love will find you...break those chains that bind you!!"

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

• KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's illegal...and just wrong, ethically, imo. It's tantamount to stealing.

Exactly. In fact, a few years ago, my husband's uncle gave out daughter two bootlegged videos. She was maybe two and was more interested in the teddy bear that came with them. I told DH that I couldn't believe he gave our child such a "gift" and threw out the videos the next day.
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    My husband's friend has a bunch of them and he lets us borrow them- he is liek our personal movie rental place! Some of them are really crappy though. People are walking in front of the camera, coughing, talking ,etc. It's kind of funny! We atched one where the guy who was taping it must have fallen asleep b/c we coudl hear him snoring for liek half the movie! :lol:
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's illegal and according to the posters that are around over here, it's supporting organised crime.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    No, I don't. Several years ago, hubby bought home The Matrix, and it turned out to be a piece of crap bootleg copy. We were pretty po'd. :x

I'd rather pay full price and get the real deal.
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Why do people even buy boot legs when you can get them free?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file