Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer

tgreyztgreyz Registered Users Posts: 1,627
Has anyone else read this series? I did and I must say I'm a little obsessed. Book 4, which is supposed to be the last book comes out in August. They are also making it into a movie.
3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png

Comments

• helloitsiohelloitsio Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Curl Connoisseur
    I've read all three so far and I really like it. I can't wait for the 4th book. It almost reminds me of this vampire series I read when I was a teenager called The Vampire Diaries.
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
  • PartyHairPartyHair Registered Users Posts: 7,713
    I love this series! Can't wait for the 4th one!

I love most YA vampire series, to be honest. I call it "vampire trash" and only a select few people know I read that sort of thing.

My book club does a monthly "what are you reading" type thread about halfway between our meetings. I always PRAYED that I wouldn't be reading vamp trash when that email came. I hid it for about three years, but the truth finally came out. :D

They still love me. :lol:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    I just finished these about a week or two ago. I liked the first two but kind of hated Bella by the third. She got a little too whiny for me.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • TwoMoonsTwoMoons Registered Users Posts: 754
    I have only read the first one but I loved it! I have even lost sleep reading that book.
    :coffee::bunny::cat::headbang:OTAKU 4 LIFE!!!!

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.”

I <3 Cats!
  • x3Tinax3Tina Registered Users Posts: 77
    I adore and own all three. :) Twilight and Eclipse are my favourite (probably because I'm not a Jacob Black fan, haha). Which reminds me, my friend has been asking me for New Moon... I should probably go pack it for her.
    ~Tina
    P/w: curls
  • Jazz11Jazz11 Registered Users Posts: 70
    Omg I love those books. I just started reading elicspe.
    I've finished reading the vampire kiss 1234.
    Testing: Suave Naturals tropical coconut
    Pantene- Relaxed and natural for women of color
    Testing shampoo: Organix- Nourishing Coconut milk
    Testing styling- hypo-allergenic (sally's)

Transationing for 9 month March 1 2008
    Pictures coming soon:laughing7:
    3c/4a
  • waterlily716waterlily716 Registered Users Posts: 781
    These books are awesome! I discovered the series and read it in like 2 weeks. :lovestory:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    3a/b low to normal porosity curls
    CG method since 2006 @:-)
    CO wash: suave naturals coconut
    rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm
    stylers: KCNT, CK, jessicurl spiralicious
    @waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
    Blog: Curls and Blossoms

• sundaysunday Registered Users Posts: 535
    I loved this series! I work in a junior high school and all the teenage girls who wanted to read these books had to wait until the teachers were done reading them first. I think (not 100% sure) there are a couple of chapters from her new book on her website.
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday
  • TwoMoonsTwoMoons Registered Users Posts: 754
    I just bought the book new moon and I'm reading it right now.
    :coffee::bunny::cat::headbang:OTAKU 4 LIFE!!!!

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.”

I <3 Cats!
  • RRRR Registered Users Posts: 147
    OMG, I just finished the books this week (all 3 in 3 days), and I am obsessed. I feel silly that I am a 35 YO woman with a crush on fictional vampire. I have been dying to talk to someone about the books, lurked on this board and here you are. =)

According to her website, the 4th is going to wrap up Edward & Bella's story, and then there will be another re-telling Twilight from Edward's POV. I am dying for Blood Moon and Edward's to come out, but don't want the series to end. Luckily Stephanie has said that there will be more stories out of the series, but won't be told from Bella's POV.

The only thing I didn't like about the book was that Edward was always picking her up and setting her on his lap, always hanging on her. Maybe it's been too long since I've been a teen in love, but I wasn't like this with my HS boyfriend. It just irritated me a bit.
  • rsaymehrsaymeh Registered Users Posts: 1
    Has anyone read 'The Host' yet, by the same author? It's her first adult novel, and I'm curious to know how it is before I read it.
  • Libra08Libra08 Registered Users Posts: 242
    I freaking LOVE this series!!!!! :blob7:
    comic-p.jpg
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Registered Users Posts: 2,983
    I read the first one and I love it! I'm borrowing the next one from my friend, and I'm sure I'll love it too. I just can't take waiting.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Registered Users Posts: 1,388
    Yeahhh, this series is now among my favorites.
    I loved all but New Moon just because it was far too depressing. But still, amazing series.
    I just started Twilight on Thursday and finished Eclipse on Monday.
    Obsession?
    I'd say so, yes.
    Read New Moon today. Am I a really bad person for wanting Jacob Black and Bella to get together?

I read Eclipse today. 3 books in 3 days. I am sooo obsessed.

And I apparently have a knack for wanting all the wrong couples to be together. Jane and Darcy, Harry and Hermione, and now Jacob and Bella. Gah. And she actually loves him back! That kills me. I love Jacob. I like him better than Edward, to the confusion of my friend. I mean, I still like Edward and Bella together, but she and Jacob fit together better.

And I really can't wait for the 4th book to come out.

• PhDCowPhDCow Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Curl Connoisseur
    Damn you people! I'm 2/3 of the way through Twilight and I can't put it down!

The Vampire Diaries was pure cheese and drivel compared to this!
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

• a curly qa curly q Registered Users Posts: 248
    I like Jacob too :(
    But I hope Stephanie gives him a beautiful (inside) girl. He deserves it lol.
    And I'm intruiged (spelling) about 'The Host'.
    2b, medium, lots of them
    CG: 21 Apr 08, Mod CG: 24 Aug 08
    My blog: Can't Stop Thinking About Hair
  • tiffanydbtiffanydb Registered Users Posts: 64
    I like Jacob better. They're meant to be.

Edward completes her, but Bella shouldn't need someone to complete her. She should be her own individual and someone else is just added. He's like a drug!
    3a/b hair waistlength when wet

Using
    Suave Naturals Coconut for cowashing
    Suave Naturals Vanilla Floral for conditioning, detangling, leave-in, styling product, etc.

Going Product Free!
  • SCGSCG Registered Users Posts: 5,416
    Oh gosh, thanks to you guys, I started reading Twilight last week, and finished it within two days. I'm waiting for the second book to get to my library...
    I'm on a waiting list. Number 46 out of 49! I may have to break down and buy it!

I'm dying in suspense! :laughing7:

I just wish I had read them earlier...

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    My mom is reading this series now, and she's like, "OMG, this is like the OUtlander...the way she describes Edward! he sounds pretty hot." I am waiting to see what she says when Jacob comes more into the picture.

I also agree that Jacob is more like what I would be attracted to...Edward just seems so clingy sometimes. I know that he does it out of love for Bella, but man!

Have you guys ever read the Vampire Chronicles by L.J. Smith? They might be out of print now and harder to find, but they are similar. I read them around 15 years ago. I kept them, and still pull them out occassionally. I think there were four of them, too.
    :rambo:
  • tgreyztgreyz Registered Users Posts: 1,627
    Oh gosh, thanks to you guys, I started reading Twilight last week, and finished it within two days. I'm waiting for the second book to get to my library...
    I'm on a waiting list. Number 46 out of 49! I may have to break down and buy it!

I'm dying in suspense! :laughing7:

I just wish I had read them earlier...

Check out overstock and amazon. I believe the hardcovers can be had for $12 or less.
    3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
    combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png
    Yes! I finally have proof that others like me exist. My friends are convinced I'm crazy.

I really really really don't want Bella to become a vampire. I want her to run off with Jacob. I know that won't happen. Bella and Edward are meant to be. But I don't like the idea of 'meant to be' and fate and destiny.:sad8:

• DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    rsaymeh wrote: »
    Has anyone read 'The Host' yet, by the same author? It's her first adult novel, and I'm curious to know how it is before I read it.

I read it last weekend and loved it.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
    CurlyEyes wrote: »
    Yes! I finally have proof that others like me exist. My friends are convinced I'm crazy.

I really really really don't want Bella to become a vampire. I want her to run off with Jacob. I know that won't happen. Bella and Edward are meant to be. But I don't like the idea of 'meant to be' and fate and destiny.:sad8:

This is how I feel too. My mom was talking to me about the other books in the series, she's not even done with Twilight yet, and Jacob's part in Twilight is just so SMALL. I almost said something to her about Jacob, but she was like, "Don't tell me!!!" I honestly hope that she ends up with Jacob too, but if Stephenie were to do that, she'd have a LOT of pissed off pre-teens on her site, I am sure.
    DarkAngel wrote: »

I read this when it first came out, and there were two things I was kind of disappointed in. I wanted a little more um, intimacy between the guy and heroine. It was marketed as "adult" but I didn't see any "adult" differences, other than a tad more violence...but the Twilight series is pretty violent too. Perhaps it was marketed as "adult" because the characters are adult.
    I felt the ending was VERY rushed. "Here's my idea, let's do it. Okay, it's done, the end."
  • YolyCYolyC Registered Users Posts: 3,758
    M2LR wrote: »

I read this when it first came out, and there were two things I was kind of disappointed in. I wanted a little more um, intimacy between the guy and heroine. It was marketed as "adult" but I didn't see any "adult" differences, other than a tad more violence...but the Twilight series is pretty violent too. Perhaps it was marketed as "adult" because the characters are adult.
    I felt the ending was VERY rushed. "Here's my idea, let's do it. Okay, it's done, the end."

That's good to know. Sam's been bugging me for it, but I thought it would be too much for her age. I've already pre-ordered Breaking Dawn for her. I'll order this one too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
    I am re-reading Eclipse in anticipation for the next book.
    Edward is REALLY irritating me. I cna't help but think that this is the reason I didn't like Eclipse the first time around. He's WAAAY to over protective, not allowing Bella to even apologize to Jacob, giving Jacob dirty looks at school and all of it. Ugh. But Bella is just "so in love with Edward" that she fails to see it. I know it's stereotypical teenage-love behavior, but it irritates me! I want to shake her and tell her that she doesn't want/need someone controlling her like this!!! Ugh!!!
  • supernovasupernova Registered Users Posts: 4
    Ah yes, have read all three in one go (I even pulled an allnighter lol) and waiting for the fourth one now.

Really intriguing story and I hope the movie is going to be just as good as the book (although most film adaptions aren't IMO :neutral:).
    Come ride with me through the veins of history
    I'll show you a God who falls asleep on the job
    How can we win when fools can be kings?
    Don't waste your time or time will waste you
  • OperaCurlsOperaCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    M2LR wrote: »

I just finished reading The Host, and I liked it very much. Almost better than the Twilight saga, but I haven't quite decided yet. Stephanie Meyer's writing style never ceases to amaze me! She is a big inspiration to me as a writer.

I agree that the ending was rushed once the main character comes to her final resolution, but I think it fits, given the circumstances; the character feels rushed, she's trying not to hurt the people she loves. It lends itself to the anxiety of running out of time.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of Twilight.
    http://public.fotki.com/opera-curls/ (I cut my own hair)
    Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file