Spin-off: How do you like your truth?

dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
Do you appreciate "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth," or do you like it sweet and euphamized (don't know if that's a word)? This is a spin-off of the doctor thread.

Are there certain things you can take straight up and other issues you have to be dealt with delicately? Does it matter who is giving the information?
People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    Give it to me straight. If I have to give the facts to someone and I know they won't like what I have to say, I usually try to word it very diplomatically and kind.
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • CherishCherish Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    Cut to the chase, just give me facts. And, (while I'm on) be brief. Don't say in 5 paragraphs what you could have said in a sentence.
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    Tell me the truth without sugar-coating it or being an ass either. Middle of the road, please.
    ________
    EroticaXXX
  • pacammipacammi Posts: 206Registered Users
    Just say what you have to say, I hate it when people beat around the bush "You know we're cool right?..." Or "I was just minding my business when..." Or "What had happened..." I always tell people I can take honesty alot better than I can deal with you trying to pull the okey-doke...
    CGNYC wrote:
    Oh y'all, that's just her crazy showing.
    Trenellm wrote:
    I guess lying on my back, in the middle of a studio, breathing and making vowel sounds for an hour for two years paid off. :)
  • Lydyybuggin76Lydyybuggin76 Posts: 219Registered Users
    Cherish wrote:
    Cut to the chase, just give me facts. And, (while I'm on) be brief. Don't say in 5 paragraphs what you could have said in a sentence.

So true.
    Here lies Jan Smith, wife of Thomas Smith, marble cutter. This monument was erected by her husband as a tribute to her memory and a specimen of his work. Monuments of this same style are two hundred and fifty dollars.
    -Gravestone Inscription
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I want the truth and nothing but the truth. If I look fatter than normal in something - TELL ME!!! DH says I look good in everything. Well, come on that can't be true :roll: Also, if I am being unreasonable, irritable, whatever, call me on it. I would much rather deal with it and move on 8)
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Mine deoends on who it's coming from, as well as the delivery of the truth. I think that there is ancie and respectful way to deliever the truth to someone. Saying, "Hmmm...I like your other jeans better, those just don't look right in the butt area." is a lot nicer than, "Those jeans make your @ss look really big."
    :rambo:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    M2LR & Co. wrote:
    Mine deoends on who it's coming from, as well as the delivery of the truth. I think that there is ancie and respectful way to deliever the truth to someone. Saying, "Hmmm...I like your other jeans better, those just don't look right in the butt area." is a lot nicer than, "Those jeans make your @ss look really big."

Agreed :D
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    M2LR & Co. wrote:

What if they never saw you in your other jeans? :lol:
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    dia99 wrote:
    M2LR & Co. wrote:

What if they never saw you in your other jeans? :lol:

LOL., This is assuming that they've seen me in my other jeans. LOL.
    :rambo:
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    M2LR & Co. wrote:

I'd rather something like "You have a nice ass, but those jeans make it look really big".

Basically, I want the truth only if it's something that affects me in any way. If I'm already trying to lose weight, don't tell me I look fat. Don't tell me that yesterday I looked awful if you know it's something you know I'll never wear again (for whatever reason, I can't come up with good examples here). I think you get what I'm saying. I guess I like my truth to be constructive. So if I'm shopping, go ahead and tell me something makes me look fat or saggy or lumpy or slutty to prevent me from buying it!
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
    Who Me?

I know what you're talking about. I've had to wear a hideous bridesmaid dress before that was not flattering AT ALL, and I thought I looked horrible. People who know me know that I have very good taste and always ask me for clothing advice. I don't want to hear that I looked bad in that dress when I didn't have a choice on the matter.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Tell me the truth without sugar-coating it or being an ass either. Middle of the road, please.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Cherish wrote:
    Exactly!

But you don't have an option for "depends on the time of the month". I may bite your head off, or cry. :lol: Or both! :twisted: :lol:
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • MMWMMW Posts: 557Registered Users
    curlyara wrote:

I like mine this way, as well.
  • CostenyaCostenya Posts: 520Registered Users
    dia99 wrote:
    Do you appreciate "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth," or do you like it sweet and euphamized (don't know if that's a word)? This is a spin-off of the doctor thread.

Are there certain things you can take straight up and other issues you have to be dealt with delicately? Does it matter who is giving the information?

Straight up. I'm pretty blunt (not rude) and forthright. I appreciate the same in return. If I'm getting fat I WANT to know. :lol:
  • CherishCherish Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    Ok... I just noticed the doctor thread this thread is referring to and I find the concept hysterically funny :lol:

Fat = Fat. People need to get a grip.
    Cherish wrote:

Fat = Fat. People need to get a grip.

This should definitely become someone's sig line! I can't justify replacing Scripture with it, but I was tempted. :wink: :twisted:
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    it depends.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    CurliLocks wrote:
    Cherish wrote:
    Exactly!

But you don't have an option for "depends on the time of the month". I may bite your head off, or cry. :lol: Or both! :twisted: :lol:

:lol:

I like the facts, plain and simple. About my fat ass looking bigger in a pair of jeans, If I'm at home and can change them then tell me. If not and I can't do a damn thing about it I don't want to know because it would just ruin my mood. Besides that's an opinion not a fact :wink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file