Jessicurl + Itchy Scalp

madmb20madmb20 Registered Users Posts: 117
I recently ordered the Jessicurl light trial package and have been using it since Sunday. All three days I have used I noticed that by mid-afternoon my scalp starts getting itchy. Does anyone else use these products and if so, has this happened to you? Since I have used them all I do not know if it is just one product that is doing it or if it is all of them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
2A/B
still working on it
:wink:

Comments

• NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    I'm a Jessicurl user and get itchy when I *don't* use her products!

My first tendency is to say allergies, since that's why I react to many types of products. Did you get scented? It could be the scent-that's a very common allergy.

Or it could be that you're not used to using something with as much oil in it, and it's more oil on your scalp than normal? How are you applying the products? Is it possible you're getting too much on your scalp?
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    Another possibility - what was your hair like prior to trying Jessicurl? If your scalp has been super dry, it's possible it's actually recovering/healing, and itches out of getting better!

Only you can tell what it feels like, to feel if it's a problem where you should stop using the Jessicurl.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • madmb20madmb20 Registered Users Posts: 117
    NetG wrote: »
    Another possibility - what was your hair like prior to trying Jessicurl? If your scalp has been super dry, it's possible it's actually recovering/healing, and itches out of getting better!

Only you can tell what it feels like, to feel if it's a problem where you should stop using the Jessicurl.
    I've actually only been CG for 3 weeks now so now that you mention the dry scalp thing, I think that might be it. My hair was really really dry and felt like straw for the longest time and I've been using no-poo and/or just conditioner to try and get it healthier. I think I'll stick with the jessicurl for a while longer and see what happens. Thanks!
    2A/B
    still working on it
    :wink:
  • KmunozKmunoz Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
    I believe it's completely the product causing the itch.
    I have been using Jessicurl for the past 2 1/2 yrs, it's a remarkable product that has amazing results on my hair, like nothing I've ever used before, butttt...my face, not so much! It started with Rocking Ringlets, fabulous results on my hair, until my forehead started to break out in a bumpy rash that wouldn't go away, noticeable rash...went to dermatologist, was given medicine, and it went away. But, I adjusted how I used the rocking Ringlets, I kept using it but was careful not to let it touch my face when I applied it, not always easy when your head is turn down. But that worked. 
    Fast forward 1 1/2 yrs, I saw the sulfate free shampoo, and the conditioner, I tried them, the very next day my forehead looked like the elephant man, really bad this time. Previous medicine didn't work, I've been given oral and topical steroids, barely touched it...now on antibiotics...the rash is worse than ever, raised red and angry. I have had to switch to Deva Curl...I'm waiting for it to arrive...we'll see how that goes.
    Jessicurl is phenomenal on the hair, but literally tore up my face...I'm so sad about that!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file