CurlTalk

It's a real live baby!

iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
2090107780044924082S425x425Q85.jpg

I just got back from my first appointment with a different doctor's office. This practice has only 2 doctors, much better than 11. I met with the nurse practitioner today and will meet with the doctor in 3 weeks. The doctors in this practice both do water births, which I really like. So I'll have to see how I like the doctor when I actually meet her and have a chance to ask her questions.

And we got an ultrasound today! It was nice to have confirmation that everything is developing normally. We could see the heart beating and the baby was wiggling around. I'm very happy and relieved.

Also, the NP said it looks like I am measuring 4 days ahead on ultrasound, so I'm not sure what to say my due date is now. I guess I will just say, around Labor Day since 4 days is not a big difference and due date is just an estimate anyway.
3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Very cool!:binky:
    I still have my first one posted on the fridge...

:happy2:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    Aw! I loved my first ultrasound. It's really cool to see that morning sickness isn't in vain! ;)
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Also, the NP said it looks like I am measuring 4 days ahead on ultrasound, so I'm not sure what to say my due date is now. I guess I will just say, around Labor Day since 4 days is not a big difference and due date is just an estimate anyway.

Don't let them change your due date based on ultrasound pictures, especially not ahead. It just puts more pressure on you to agree to induction once you hit the arbitrary 40 weeks.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    :love4:
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Don't let them change your due date based on ultrasound pictures, especially not ahead. It just puts more pressure on you to agree to induction once you hit the arbitrary 40 weeks.

I was thinking about this.

I don't know what day I ovulated, but I do know exactly which day I had unprotected sex, so there is only a certain window of time in which I could have ovulated and conceived. Should I just go with the due date from my LMP? I will definitely keep the discrepancy in mind if I have to make decisions later where the due date would make a difference.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
    iris427 wrote: »

I don't know what day I ovulated, but I do know exactly which day I had unprotected sex, so there is only a certain window of time in which I could have ovulated and conceived. Should I just go with the due date from my LMP? I will definitely keep the discrepancy in mind if I have to make decisions later where the due date would make a difference.

I'd go with whatever day is later. Baby has a better chance of coming out when s/he is ready that way.

I'd go with whatever day is later. Baby has a better chance of coming out when s/he is ready that way.

Thanks--September 5 then.
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users

And we got an ultrasound today! It was nice to have confirmation that everything is developing normally. We could see the heart beating and the baby was wiggling around. I'm very happy and relieved.

So fun! It's so cool to see there really is a little person in there!

Also, I agree with RCW (not that I have nearly as much knowledge). It seems everyone is so induction-happy these days. From what I hear, practically no one goes into labor naturally at the hospital I switched from. So, I'd stick with whatever date gave my baby the longest time to finish growing!

My first baby was due Sept 5. :) He was born Sept 7.
    it was a very very very long and hot summer for me that year...next time, I went for a spring baby... 

My first baby was due Sept 5. :) He was born Sept 7.
    it was a very very very long and hot summer for me that year...next time, I went for a spring baby... 

Yay for September babies (FI is one too) :) Although mine could be an August baby too--we'll see!

I am anticipating a miserable summer! I work outside in the summers, on my feet, and it gets pretty hot and humid here. If this had been a planned pregnancy, I would have tried for a spring baby too! Oh well--next time ;)

So fun! It's so cool to see there really is a little person in there!

Also, I agree with RCW (not that I have nearly as much knowledge). It seems everyone is so induction-happy these days. From what I hear, practically no one goes into labor naturally at the hospital I switched from. So, I'd stick with whatever date gave my baby the longest time to finish growing!

Yeah, Ricki Lake's movie says like 22% of labors are induced now. That is insane. I am a firm believer that Mother Nature knew what she was doing when she made people and babies and uteri.

I read the baby boards on thenest.com and it seems like everyone there gets induced! Yuck.
  • DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    I'm so excited fot you and your little virgo baby!
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    I had a scan today too. It was really cool to see the little bean moving around!
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My kids' first u/s pics were so lima-beanish. Yours looks like an actual baby (what a difference a couple of weeks makes!). How cool.:happy3:

• Mamacurl3Mamacurl3 Posts: 1,559Registered Users
    I love those first ultrasounds, they are just so special. It makes the morning sickness worth it when you see your little jumping bean on the screen. Congradulations :)
    Type: 3a/3b, fine-medium
    Cleanse: hg:whispering windz farm jar soaps,
    Moisture/Co rinse: GVP conditioning balm
    DT: Jessicurl's dt
    Leave in: KCKT
    Definition: kccc
    Hold: rotating: gvp liquid scuplting gel
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs722.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fww223%2Fmamacurl7%2F" class="Popup
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Traveling? /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fkatiebutton.rovia.com%2F" class="Popup