PSA for Chin/Jaw Pimples

ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
I have noticed that a lot of us seem to get pimples on the chin/jaw area. I was one of these women.

Better skincare has helped, but I think what has helped a lot is that I have stopped touching my chin/jaw area. I also make sure to clean my office/home phone or any phone that I use with a phone wipe or alcohol. I used to touch my chin/jaw area constantly because I was feeling for pimples or trying to feel if a pimple had gotten bigger or feel for soreness. :banghead:

I didn't realize how often I touched my face until I was discussing chin/jaw pimples with a curly. I have broken the habit and my chin/jaw area is looking a lot better.

Also, be careful about resting the chin in your hand.
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Comments

• MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I totally agree. Aside from re-thinking my skin care routine, I've also been very aware of trying not to touch my face or rest my phone on my face and both these changes seem to be making a big difference for me. Also keeping my curlyhair products away from my face has helped.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Part of acne on the jaw is related to excessive touching, but part of it is just the natural progression of acne.

Acne starts predominantly on our foreheads when we're pre-adolescents, then moves to our nose and cheeks in our later teens, then moves to our jaws/necks on in our 20's and beyond. This isn't a hard-and-fast rule...teens can have neck pimples and old folks can have a forehead pimple...but by-and-large, acne seems to slowly slip down our face over the years.
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Part of acne on the jaw is related to excessive touching, but part of it is just the natural progression of acne.

Acne starts predominantly on our foreheads when we're pre-adolescents, then moves to our nose and cheeks in our later teens, then moves to our jaws/necks on in our 20's and beyond. This isn't a hard-and-fast rule...teens can have neck pimples and old folks can have a forehead pimple...but by-and-large, acne seems to slowly slip down our face over the years.

Ha - I guess acne succumbs to gravity, too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• ajaneajane Posts: 323Registered Users
    Gravity...you said it!!! (As I take my hand away from my chin!)
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte

That is exactly the route mine has taken over the years! And I used to use bangs to cover up my forehead when that was making the acne worse.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    lazy loops,

i am the total opposite. whenever acne has visited me, it has been on my chin/jaw area. i have on occasion had one or two on my forehead...and just recently, two trying to pop out above/in my eyebrow area, but i caught them just in time.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • LilahLilah Posts: 916Registered Users
    Interesting about the declining movement of acne-- and so very true. Teens, I had it all over my forehead.
    Now in my twenties, (I'm 23) I have it on the sides of my face and my chin/ neck.

My PSF cleanser is working great with the SA, but I'll still get some pimples just not as frequently. (Yesterday I got a two-in-one special on my cheek:().

I guess I'll ride it out for a while and see if my skin improves some more...:confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • msjananimsjanani Posts: 624Registered Users

This is EXACTLY what happened to me!
    3A low/medium porosity, medium texture

Current products:
    Stylers: HE Tousle Me Softly, Condition 3-in-1 Mousse
    Conditioners: Terax Crema, Mill Creek Botanicals Henna Conditioner
    Cleanser: DevaCurl NoPoo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theevolutionofcurl/
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Windflower wrote: »
    Also, be careful about resting the chin in your hand.

Haha, I read your entire post with my chin on my hand.

I do this all the time. If I ever do get a zit or two, it's always on my chin.

Thanks for the tip!
  • chinpimpleschinpimples Posts: 1Registered Users
    There are three major issues that may lead to chin pimples:

Production of oil (sebum) in abnormal quantities;
    Improper shedding of dead skin cells;
    Buildup of the bacteria.
    When the hair follicles are blocked by oil or dead skin cells, chin pimples can begin to develop. Each follicle is linked to a sebaceous gland. The substance that is produced by these glands is called sebum and has the role to oil the hair and the skin. This substance is transferred along the hair shafts and passes through the hair follicle in order to reach on the epidermis. If the quantity of sebum exceeds the normal limits or if dead skin cells are produced excessively, the hair follicle gets blocked and a soft plug is created.

A bulged hair follicle leads to a whitehead, while a darkened plug turns into a blackhead. Infection or inflammation of the blocked hair follicles precedes the appearance of the pimples. On the other hand, hair follicles that are inflamed deep inside produces some bumps under the skin named cysts.

Hormonal changes, bacteria, heredity and several drugs seem to influence the overproduction of sebum. However, the precise cause has not been discovered yet, but studies are still conducted in this direction.

Scrubbing the skin may lead to irritations that cause the acne to become worse.

While the hereditary factors or the hormonal changes that lead to chin pimples and acne cannot be influenced, other factors can be controlled in order to prevent this skin problem. These factors are:

Exposure to cosmetics or oily products that harm the skin;
    Irritation of the skin and pressure that is provoked by cell phones, helmets, backpacks or tight collars.
    Looking for cosmetics of a higher quality is certainly a way to prevent chin pimples from appearing.

The hormonal changes that precede acne are present in:

Teenagers, regardless of the gender;
    Pregnant women;
    Females, a few days before their menstrual cycle;
    Patients that follow treatments that are based on certain drugs, such as cortisone.

For more information about chin pimples go to this website: http://www.chinpimples.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file