We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Where u get ur aloe vera

I see sum ppl here use pure aloe vera in their hair. I was just curious as to where u guys get it from. We used to have an aloe vera plant and if evr we got a cut or sumthing we would just take a small piece of and rub it on the cut.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• mitabirdmitabird Posts: 226Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use Fruit of the Earth. I bought it at Target in the lotion aisle.
    Western Pennsylvania

3b, medium textured, medium thickness, medium porosity, protein sensitive
    CG since 6/22/04

CO Washes: Suave Conditioners, Devacurl No Poo
    Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish, GV Conditioning Balm, JC Too Shea
    Styling: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Chi Infra Gel, GF Pure Clean Gel
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair, Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture, Hask Henna & Placenta (every 3 mo)

Hair photos
    pw: manycurls
  • cunninghamaircunninghamair Posts: 176Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    FOTE is good, but the best is aloe from the health food store--the kind that requires refrigeration once you open it.
    Modified CG since 9/03. 2B/3A. JESSICURL!!! Gentle Poo, Aloeba, Gelebration, Awe; or Mop Top Poo & Condish; Curlisto Mousse & Gel I. Winter: Elucence MB Clarify, Shampoo & Conditioner. ACV & honey rinses. Plop & Pixiecurl diffuse. Password: curls
  • CurlyMom73CurlyMom73 Posts: 123Registered Users
    I had to put other. I tried FOTE but it made my scalp really itchy. Now I'm trying to find the organic stuff you keep in the fridge.

I know I'm not allergic to aloe cuz my mother has an aloe plant that I have used for burns and things of that nature. It must have been on the the additives in the FOTE.

If anyone has suggestions as to where I can get the all natural aloe, I'd appreciate it.
    Corkicelli Now! YAY! Now all I have to do is update my avy pic. :)

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."- Albert Einstein
  • mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
    I do have an aloe plant, and I do use it if I have a burn or something.

But for my face (and sometimes hair) I use Lily of the Desert Aloe Gel that I get from the health food store.

Good stuff.

M
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    I've tried FOTE (walmart) and LOTD (health food store), and liked LOTD better. But I also have the fresh kind that you get from the health food store that has to be refrigerated. Haven't use any of them in a long time though.
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file