CurlTalk

Where u get ur aloe vera

I see sum ppl here use pure aloe vera in their hair. I was just curious as to where u guys get it from. We used to have an aloe vera plant and if evr we got a cut or sumthing we would just take a small piece of and rub it on the cut.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• mitabirdmitabird Posts: 226Registered Users
    I use Fruit of the Earth. I bought it at Target in the lotion aisle.
    Western Pennsylvania

3b, medium textured, medium thickness, medium porosity, protein sensitive
    CG since 6/22/04

CO Washes: Suave Conditioners, Devacurl No Poo
    Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish, GV Conditioning Balm, JC Too Shea
    Styling: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Chi Infra Gel, GF Pure Clean Gel
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair, Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture, Hask Henna & Placenta (every 3 mo)

Hair photos
    pw: manycurls
  • cunninghamaircunninghamair Posts: 176Registered Users
    FOTE is good, but the best is aloe from the health food store--the kind that requires refrigeration once you open it.
    Modified CG since 9/03. 2B/3A. JESSICURL!!! Gentle Poo, Aloeba, Gelebration, Awe; or Mop Top Poo & Condish; Curlisto Mousse & Gel I. Winter: Elucence MB Clarify, Shampoo & Conditioner. ACV & honey rinses. Plop & Pixiecurl diffuse. Password: curls
  • CurlyMom73CurlyMom73 Posts: 123Registered Users
    I had to put other. I tried FOTE but it made my scalp really itchy. Now I'm trying to find the organic stuff you keep in the fridge.

I know I'm not allergic to aloe cuz my mother has an aloe plant that I have used for burns and things of that nature. It must have been on the the additives in the FOTE.

If anyone has suggestions as to where I can get the all natural aloe, I'd appreciate it.
    Corkicelli Now! YAY! Now all I have to do is update my avy pic. :)

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."- Albert Einstein
  • mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
    I do have an aloe plant, and I do use it if I have a burn or something.

But for my face (and sometimes hair) I use Lily of the Desert Aloe Gel that I get from the health food store.

Good stuff.

M
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    I've tried FOTE (walmart) and LOTD (health food store), and liked LOTD better. But I also have the fresh kind that you get from the health food store that has to be refrigerated. Haven't use any of them in a long time though.
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif