PSF questions (X-post): RCW, any thoughts?

PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
Hi, I received PSF order the other day, and I have a few questions.

1. I have the castile cleanser. It leaves my face squeaky-clean. Is that normal? I feel like it's stripping my skin of any oils that should really be there. And if you prefer the fragrance to the Wheat Germ, whew, I'm glad I didn't order the other!

2. The Vit-C. It stings a little when I put it on. Normal?

3. There was a sample of ferulic acid. What does one do with that?

4. There was also a sample of Microcrystal Resurfacing Cream. What should I do with that?
Minneapolis, MN

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Curl Connoisseur Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Poodlehead wrote: »
    Hi, I received PSF order the other day, and I have a few questions.

1. I have the castile cleanser. It leaves my face squeaky-clean. Is that normal? I feel like it's stripping my skin of any oils that should really be there. And if you prefer the fragrance to the Wheat Germ, whew, I'm glad I didn't order the other!

2. The Vit-C. It stings a little when I put it on. Normal?

3. There was a sample of ferulic acid. What does one do with that?

4. There was also a sample of Microcrystal Resurfacing Cream. What should I do with that?

The PSF Castile cleanser is very cleansing, but it's not stripping. You can try using less of it along with more water to dilute it a bit. It's very concentrated. It really only takes a very tiny amount to clean my face...about 1/4 pump or less. I try to get the tiniest little dot out of the pump thing.

Yes, Vit C can sting a bit when you first apply it. It's quite acidic. It should be tolerable though.

The ferulic acid comes with the Vit C. You're supposed to add it to the Vit C bottle (full size...I don't know about sample sizes). Ferulic is an anti-oxidant. You don't have to use it with the Vit C, but I figure more anti-oxidants are a good thing, so I added mine.

The Microcrystal Resurfacing Cream is a scrub. You can use it for exfoliation, once a week or whatever. If you like it, I can tell you were to buy the corundum crystals separately much cheaper that you can use with a regular cleanser.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    The PSF Castile cleanser is very cleansing, but it's not stripping. You can try using less of it along with more water to dilute it a bit. It's very concentrated. It really only takes a very tiny amount to clean my face...about 1/4 pump or less. I try to get the tiniest little dot out of the pump thing.

Yes, Vit C can sting a bit when you first apply it. It's quite acidic. It should be tolerable though.

The ferulic acid comes with the Vit C. You're supposed to add it to the Vit C bottle (full size...I don't know about sample sizes). Ferulic is an anti-oxidant. You don't have to use it with the Vit C, but I figure more anti-oxidants are a good thing, so I added mine.
    Ah, so I've been using too much of the castile.

Does the ferulic acid always come with the Vit C? I thought it was just a sample, oops...
    Minneapolis, MN
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Curl Connoisseur Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Does the ferulic acid always come with the Vit C? I thought it was just a sample, oops...

For now, they're including a tiny bottle of ferulic acid with every full-size Vit C purchase. I don't know how long they'll be doing that. They may decide to charge extra for it later. I'll probably skip the ferulic if/when they do that.
    And if you prefer the fragrance to the Wheat Germ, whew, I'm glad I didn't order the other!

These are not "sexy" cleansers with lots of fragrance and emulsifiers/waxes/detergents added to make them seem gentle or great smelling. Both the PSF Castile and the DY WGO cleansers have a somewhat strong smell from their ingredients, not from added fragrance. I've gotten used to them I guess.
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users

For now, they're including a tiny bottle of ferulic acid with every full-size Vit C purchase. I don't know how long they'll be doing that. They may decide to charge extra for it later. I'll probably skip the ferulic if/when they do that.

I didn't get one (ferulic acid) with my Vit. C. :cry: :angry5:

ETA: Umm.....if you actually open the box of Vit. C and look in it......you might just find some ferulic acid.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    2happy wrote: »

I didn't get one (ferulic acid) with my Vit. C. :cry: :angry5:

ETA: Umm.....if you actually open the box of Vit. C and look in it......you might just find some ferulic acid.
    :lol:

Thank you both, and Windflower and 2poodles for all your help. I'm sure my skin will be baby-soft thanks to all your advice. :)
    Minneapolis, MN
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    I must say - the moment I put the Vit. C on my face, I was in love. It was like velvet.

My checkbook was hoping I would hate it and have a terrible reaction, but alas, it's as fabulous as everything else RCW has recommended.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • LilahLilah Posts: 916Registered Users
    I haven't tried the Vit. C-- would it be good for fading acne scars?

what is your purpose in using it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Lilah wrote: »
    I haven't tried the Vit. C-- would it be good for fading acne scars?

what is your purpose in using it?

buy it! :thumright: it is good stuff. it does help with acne scars and smoothing the texture in general. my skin is starting to look creamy and brighter again...if that makes any sense.

i don't add the little bottle of extra to mine.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Curl Neophyte Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Windflower wrote: »
    buy it! :thumright: it is good stuff. it does help with acne scars and smoothing the texture in general. my skin is starting to look creamy and brighter again...if that makes any sense.

i don't add the little bottle of extra to mine.

that sounds great! glad i bit the bullet and bought it! why don't you add the booster? oh and how long before you really noticed results?
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
    the booster seemed to be nothing but propylene glycol and ferlic acid. to me, it seemed to change the texture of the DY vit c, so i decided not to try it with the PSF vit c. i didn't want to ruin my bottle of vit. c because it is good stuff.

results: hmmm...right away softness improved, then a slight glow (skin dullness faded), then the creaminess and then pigmentaton has started to fade...maybe about 5 weeks?
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Curl Neophyte Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Windflower wrote: »
    the booster seemed to be nothing but propylene glycol and ferlic acid. to me, it seemed to change the texture of the DY vit c, so i decided not to try it with the PSF vit c. i didn't want to ruin my bottle of vit. c because it is good stuff.

results: hmmm...right away softness improved, then a slight glow (skin dullness faded), then the creaminess and then pigmentaton has started to fade...maybe about 5 weeks?

that makes sense....cool! i can't wait to get my skin on track. i'm convinced this liquid mac i used killed my skin!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • LilahLilah Posts: 916Registered Users
    Update: I did end up buying it-- and today was the first day I used it! Obviously no results to report yet, but it felt good on my skin.

Mine didn't even come with the booster so I didn't have to worry about adding it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lilah wrote: »
    Update: I did end up buying it-- and today was the first day I used it! Obviously no results to report yet, but it felt good on my skin.

Mine didn't even come with the booster so I didn't have to worry about adding it

i just took a look at new box of vit c (bought it when it was 20% off, but still have a 1/4 bottle to use of my first bottle) and no booster. i think the free booster was for a limited time.

lilah, i hope you enjoy the great benefits of the Vit. C. :thumright:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file