Shea Moisture Conditioner

lovincurls41lovincurls41 Registered Users Posts: 186 Curl Novice
Where are you cg getting the shea moisture condish? I've heard everyone talking about it but i don't know where to get it...still new at this site.

::(l:my hair is so dry!
thanks.

Comments

• heavengirl410heavengirl410 Registered Users Posts: 821
    Here is a link to a search I did on Shea Moisture, it should help
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=36734
  • lovincurls41lovincurls41 Registered Users Posts: 186 Curl Novice
    Thank you so much! Do you use the shea moisture conditioner or leave in?
  • BamaCurlyQBamaCurlyQ Registered Users Posts: 213
    Fuzzyhead1 wrote: »
    Thank you so much! Do you use the shea moisture conditioner or leave in?

go to http://www.beautyofnewyork.com I use the leave-in and love it. Go ahead and order two bottles.
    A:You're gonna love it
    B: the shipping cost the same for one as it does for two! :toothy7:
    Very Curly and Thick hair.
    3a/b.
    I think I have medium hair with normal to high porosity. And I need all the moisture I can get!!

Currently using:

C: Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing
    S: Ouidad CQ/Pureology Hydrate

LI: AG Fast Food

Stylers: AG Re:coil (super soak), then CIAB and some CHS CK on top.

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

Style: scrunch and finger curl where I see the hair is not clumping well. Diffuse.
    Wow! I was hoping i would get replies as i have had a hard time posting lately. BamaCurly, does the shea moisture cost alot? I have spent so much in the past week trying new products and nothing has worked for my thick dry hair but i guess i'm willing to try this as everyone speaks highly of it. Thanks for the advice on getting 2 bottles. Have you tried the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]curl keeper[/buylink] too? that seems to dry my hair out as well but maybe i need the leave in too. aghh...we'll keep you posted once i get the shea condish. Thank you!:wink:
    At Beauty of New York it's like $6.49 a bottle. That's a price that fits my budget unlike most of these products on curl mart. I haven't tried the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]curl keeper[/buylink], because there are so many mixed reviews. I use Sebastian control top after I use the Shea M and then I plop for about 30 minutes. Once I finish plopping I add a little bit of Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier mixed with some water to smooth over my hair.
    I've had great results.
    3a/b.
    I think I have medium hair with normal to high porosity. And I need all the moisture I can get!!

Currently using:

Style: scrunch and finger curl where I see the hair is not clumping well. Diffuse.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    If beauty of newyork is out, it's in stock at www.sistasplace.biz
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    Ok... I went online to beautyof NY and ordered 2 bottles of the shea leave in. :toothy7: How could i not with that price! Thanks. I will keep you posted on the results as i have my fingers crossed.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    I love this stuff and am going to order if from beautyofNY next!

I heard on another board that Sally's carries it. I checked one of my local Sally's and they didn't. But maybe some do. A lot of BSSs carry it too, apparently. (I haven't found any, though.)

Fuzzyhead1 wrote: »
    Ok... I went online to beautyof NY and ordered 2 bottles of the shea leave in. :toothy7: How could i not with that price! Thanks. I will keep you posted on the results as i have my fingers crossed.

I told you! I know you will like it. I can't believe I went as long as I did with ou:icescream:t it!
    3a/b.

Currently using:

• DebbieNY13DebbieNY13 Registered Users Posts: 21
    BamaCurlyQ wrote: »
    go to http://www.beautyofnewyork.com I use the leave-in and love it. Go ahead and order two bottles.
    A:You're gonna love it
    B: the shipping cost the same for one as it does for two! :toothy7:

Since I'm here in NY, I'd like to find somewhere else to order it from. If I have to pay for shipping, I'd rather not have to pay tax, too. :tongue5:

Thanks for the info!

Debbie
    3a w/ 3b tendancies

Wash: Devacare's No Poo (daily) and Devacurl's Low Poo (once a week)
    Condition: Devacurl's One Condition
    Style: DevaCurl's Angell or MJ Curly Pudding
    I finally find SheaMoisture on the ground! Woohooo. $6 a bottle and no shipping!

• Rubber BiscuitRubber Biscuit Registered Users Posts: 1,294
    I finally find SheaMoisture on the ground! Woohooo. $6 a bottle and no shipping!

i spied this thread before i ordered from beauty of new york and ordered 2 bottles per bamacurly's suggestion and she's right - i love it! i would love it even more if i could get it on the ground. sooooo....

where'd you find it??
    - Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
    - Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.

i spied this thread before i ordered from beauty of new york and ordered 2 bottles per bamacurly's suggestion and she's right - i love it! i would love it even more if i could get it on the ground. sooooo....

where'd you find it??

Just a Korean-owned beauty supply store in an African American neighborhood -- "Hair World Beauty Supply." They had soooooo many shea butter based products...I just combed the shelves till I found the right one.

I've heard several people on a different board say they've found some at BSSs in their cities, too.

• DoodlesDoodles Registered Users Posts: 1,984
    I'm sooooo tempted to try this!!! What is so great about it? I mean, how does it compare to [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]JC Aloeba[/buylink]? That's my current leave-in.
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • Rubber BiscuitRubber Biscuit Registered Users Posts: 1,294
    - Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
    - Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file