CurlTalk

Spinoff: Post your babywearing pictures here

KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
I thought it'd be nice to have a thread with babywearing pictures. I'd love to see some of the other BW'ers on here. :)

Here's one of us in the Babyhawk:
DSCN0964-vi.jpg
Hosted on Fotki
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Comments

• fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users
    Here's some Babyhawk photos.

Front carry
    2240328280_c0af135834.jpg?v=0

Back carry with Daddy. We're still getting the hang of this one. I haven't been able to get it as high and tight as I want.
    2240322934_04cfa61aa0.jpg?v=0
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Here's my husband wearing Connor in a baby backpack on a hike in England:

l_f4f3bbda5124df30f0e9c90cd42aa5ad.jpg
    ehLB.jpg
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    These pics are older, as my kids aren't babies anymore, so the slings aren't as nice as what's available now.

But, here's my husband slinging our daughter (about 6 months old) in a KoolBaby sling (padded ring sling with mesh fabric):

touristsintombstone.html

And me with our youngest son at a few days old in an Over The Shoulder Baby Holder padded ring sling:

sling.html

And my daughter sleeping on the beach in her OTSBH sling (I had slipped her out):

sierrasleepingbeach.html

If these pics don't work, they're in my Fotki:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FRedcatwaves%2Fsling%2F" class="Popup
  • marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    all my babywearing pics are with Ian since I'm the photo most times these days and by the time Ryan was born he was always being worn.

first Ian at 6 weeks old in my first sling, a mom n me hemp fleece pouch:

DSC01144.jpg

then him in a zolowear pouch at around 4 months old:

DSC02195.jpg

hubby wearing him at around 7 months old in a custom hotsling:

DSC01691.jpg

me wearing him in a mei tai at the zoo around 19 months old (I was around 3-4 months pregnant with Ryan):

DSC02995.jpg

finally hubby wearing him at the zoo too. We took our stroller that day and should have just left it at home. He preferred to ride on our backs to see the animals:

DSC03000.jpg
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users
    I love all your pictures! I can't wait to sling my little one. My mom's been looking for the ring sling she used with my sister almost 20 years ago, and it would be so fun to get a picture of her with her grandbaby in it.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I can't believe I don't have any babywearing pictures. Just catwearing ones.

IMG_2332-vi.jpg
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • Mamacurl3Mamacurl3 Posts: 1,559Registered Users
    Type: 3a/3b, fine-medium
    Cleanse: hg:whispering windz farm jar soaps,
    Moisture/Co rinse: GVP conditioning balm
    DT: Jessicurl's dt
    Leave in: KCKT
    Definition: kccc
    Hold: rotating: gvp liquid scuplting gel
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs722.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fww223%2Fmamacurl7%2F" class="Popup
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Traveling? /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fkatiebutton.rovia.com%2F" class="Popup
  • webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    2241284462_cf22c1356c.jpg?v=0

Just a piece of material tied in a square knot
    2241206556_d8a0ff0c56.jpg?v=0

Moby wrap tied incorrectly - but DH insisted. Baby didn't seem to care.

1132854543_d6513f2ae9.jpg?v=0

DH's Water friendly sling.

2241212940_2c9170d008.jpg?v=0

Custom made ring sling
    hello.world.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    All my babywearing pictures are with Karan. If I took a pic of Sandhya in the mei tei, all you would see is the top of her head!

Karan in my fugly homemade, but ever so comfy mei tei at Yosemite Nat'l Park (at 7 months old)
    yosemitekaran97.jpg

Same trip (one of my favorite pictures of my boys)
    yosemitekaran81.jpg

Karan at 5 months old "wrapped" in my mom's old saree
    IMG_0035-1.jpg
  • PigletPiglet Posts: 1,451Registered Users
    Sandhya? New baby?:!:
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    geeky wrote: »
    I can't believe I don't have any babywearing pictures. Just catwearing ones.

IMG_2332-vi.jpg

How funny, I've always said that I need to get a sling for my Siamese!
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    Wow, I love seeing everyone's pictures! I love all the babywearing dads, I'll have to take a picture of DH babywearing at some point. The problem is that I hog the baby when I'm home, so he only wears him when I'm at work. :oops:

Geeky - I don't think I've seen you before. You're very pretty. Cute cat too. I need to try wearing my dachshund at some point, I bet he'd love it.
    If I took a pic of Sandhya in the mei tei, all you would see is the top of her head!

You mean like my picture? ;)
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    Here's me with Solomon in my Hotsling, around 2 months old:

1040483_20071124_100000289747466.jpg

And my husband (making a silly face!) with Solomon in the Bjorn:

1040483_20071204_100000289829558.jpg

And here's a crappy picture of me with Sol in my homemade wrap. I hadn't really figured out how to use it yet so I just guessed. But, it held up for a 3 mile hike!
    GreenLakes.jpg
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Awwww, ALL of these are so cute! I need to look for some or take some of JJ and I! I notice that in all the pics the babies (and cats) look so happy!

I don't think I've ever seen pics of some of you before, like madscientist. Very nice!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Lovely pictures, everyone!!!
  • jennapeachjennapeach Posts: 37Registered Users
    My pic is almost 2 years old, but it's the only one I have of me babywearing
    1188482932_87d8573699.jpg?v=0
    Little one, tucked into the Moby.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users

I think you get some kind of extra wife/mothering award for what you're doing in this picture!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    medussa wrote: »
    Lovely pictures, everyone!!!
    Absolutely! :toothy7:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Here's a picture of me, JJ and my bro:

100_3242.jpg
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users
    bjorn-2.jpg
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users
    guano: Amneris I'm practically drooling over your hair.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • Mamacurl3Mamacurl3 Posts: 1,559Registered Users
    LOL RCW, I don't think I'd ever get anything done if it weren't for my carriers.
    Type: 3a/3b, fine-medium
    Cleanse: hg:whispering windz farm jar soaps,
    Moisture/Co rinse: GVP conditioning balm
    DT: Jessicurl's dt
    Leave in: KCKT
    Definition: kccc
    Hold: rotating: gvp liquid scuplting gel
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs722.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fww223%2Fmamacurl7%2F" class="Popup
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Traveling? /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fkatiebutton.rovia.com%2F" class="Popup
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    Piglet wrote: »
    Sandhya? New baby?:!:

Yup! 6 weeks old today.

Bailey - LOL now that you mention it.... although I see a hand peeking out there (looks like its trying to unsnap your tanktop)

All there pictures are great!
  • DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    Amneris,

You look so awesome! BTW what kind of wrap is that?
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    I'm so jealous of you guys. I'm waiting on an ebay auction for a Moby. Lucas HATED the Mei Tai. Hates the Snuggli. Hopefully the Moby will do the trick!
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users
    I'm so jealous of you guys. I'm waiting on an ebay auction for a Moby. Lucas HATED the Mei Tai. Hates the Snuggli. Hopefully the Moby will do the trick!

I have one I can sell you! I just invested in a woven wrap and Harry is too big for the Moby. It's Indigo. PM me if you're interested.
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users
    I love all of these pics - Amneris, your hair looks EXACTLY like mine. I never noticed before this pic. Same length, same curl, same color!
    realistic wrote:
    guano: Amneris I'm practically drooling over your hair.

Oh, thanks! I think it looks horrible post-partum and I was debating even posting that picture, so THANK YOU!
    Delma wrote: »
    Amneris,

You look so awesome! BTW what kind of wrap is that?

Thanks also, chica. It's a pouch sling that I wear in front because that's how JJ likes it. The material is kind of hard and non-stretchy so that's why it looks like that.

.png

534Pm5.png

Munchy wrote: »
    I love all of these pics - Amneris, your hair looks EXACTLY like mine. I never noticed before this pic. Same length, same curl, same color!

Cool! As I said it has been driving me nuts - I've been roller setting and brushing it out for months! I don't think I have seen a pic of your hair curly and now I am curious!

.png

534Pm5.png

• MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users
    Amneris wrote: »
    Munchy wrote: »

Cool! As I said it has been driving me nuts - I've been roller setting and brushing it out for months! I don't think I have seen a pic of your hair curly and now I am curious!

I just tried to take a few pics of myself, but it didn't work out very well. :) Will have to see if I can get a pic taken and post it for you.