CG really pays off

JamieVJamieV Registered Users Posts: 158
As a modified CG wavy girl, I had to share this wiith other wavies... In general, I have never thought of my wavy hair as anything that looks really cool or neat in the same way where I see curly curls as 'wow' (just speaking about myself here)
I have been doing the modified CG for about 7 months. People are really starting to notice lately and tell me my hair looks wavier/curlier.
But the neatest thing was, I was out shopping yesterday and a lady stopped me and asked "How did you get your hair to do that?"
When I told her Its just what my hair does she was amazed. She thought it looked so good that I had to have styled it somehow to get it to look that way.
That made my day!
My patience is really starting to pay off. (not that it takes 7 months to see results-for any newbie's) Its a matter of my overall hair being treated with more care and gentleness and also learning from trial and error. I am getting the hang of it now.
Now I am thinking maybe my waves are pretty special after all.
Don't give up if you have some frustrating results. (I have had many days where I asked myself why the heck I am doing this CG thing and maybe I should quit, but I never gave in)
2c thick, heavy waves. Started CG (lo poo) in July '07. before that I straightened it and used hot rollers for years. pw wavy

Comments

• KatiecurlKatiecurl Registered Users Posts: 236
    Jamie, this is wonderful! I hope some day it happens to me.

My mom is very curly, and my dad has straight hair. I've always hated having wavy hair... I didn't know that's what it was until I read Curly Girl and started educating myself (I always called my hair "in between curly and straight".) I TR'ed my hair for years.

Since trying new products and techniques, I've had about three "wow" days. Hopefully someday I'll have more! The second day was when I used Jessicurl products for the first time, and it was a work day. The secretary went crazy, "oh my god, I LOVE your hair! I'm so jealous!" I was so happy... no one had ever said that to me before! Unfortunately, I've only had one other amazing hair day since then... *sigh*

It is exciting when your hair finally looks nice. I agree that patience is key. It's too bad it's winter now... I'm not having a lot of luck with my hair recently. Lots of ponytail days for me.

Thanks for sharing your story... I completely relate!
    2a/b. I love AOHR!
  • JamieVJamieV Registered Users Posts: 158
    I know..I am suddenly having a lot of frizz. I have to blame Winter! I wanted to share that because I know we all have days where we want to give up and hearing something positive helps get us through those days.
    2c thick, heavy waves. Started CG (lo poo) in July '07. before that I straightened it and used hot rollers for years. pw wavy
  • msgibletmsgiblet Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    This is wonderful to hear! Congratulations on having the patience to finally get the payback. It's so great to read success stories. :blob:
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    Your waves are gorgeous. Your perserverance is obviously paying off for you - in a big way!

With beachy waves being so in, you must have a lot of people asking how you get your hair to look like that. :)
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
    Thank you whatsercurl! I am happy I embraced my waves.
    Whatsercurl...I love your hair. Its very beautiful!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    JamieV,
    Do you give out your Fokti pw? I wanna see some pix. Did you have a bob at the end of last summer? I think it was you who had a bob that you weren't sure if you liked or not....I remember thinking it was so cute and unique.

Speckla
    Speckla, my pw is wavy.
    Yes, that was me who got the bob at the end of the summer. I could not wait to get it, then I ended up not liking it at all. It was an inverted bob. Now I have trimmed it myself as I am growing it out, so its more of a regular bob now. I think it was cute with wavy hair-just not on me! I look yucky with short hair.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    Thank you JamieV! I too am happy to have finally embraced my waves and curls.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file