CurlTalk

good hair days

DarbyDarby Posts: 1,025Registered Users
I'm having some good hair days and I changed one thing... I'm plopping again. I stopped over the summer because I was getting a flat top. But now, I'm getting volume and it's lasting all day.
PW:curlyhaired

Natural hair color - dark brunette
Fine, thinish hair/3a, 3b

Comments

• agent_003bdagent_003bd Posts: 142Registered Users
    I :love5: plopping!
    2/3a mix

Shampoo-free since 09/04
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I'm a big fan of plopping, too. I never travel without something to plop in..
    2b/3a.
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I had stopped plopping for awhile because it was making my curls wonky. Now, I only do it for about 5-10 minutes and it works great; any longer and my hair just doesn't do as well.
    My MF towels travel with me wherever I go. :love5:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marinacurlzmarinacurlz Posts: 1,720Registered Users
    Yaaaa for plopping! Though I sometimes have trouble trying to get the towel to stay around the front or back of my head. Any suggestions? Am I doing it wrong?

CurlyinColorado forgive me for this but you just struck me funny this morning so I'm going to quote you here:

"I never travel without something to plop in.":tongue3:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FTLGuerrero%2F" class="Popup

password: curly

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
    Co-wash: Suave/Vo5/TJ Refresh
    Rinse out & Leave in: Suave Tropical Coconut/Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Gel: Herbal Essences Set Me Up/Aussie Tizz No Frizz
  • agent_003bdagent_003bd Posts: 142Registered Users
    Yaaaa for plopping! Though I sometimes have trouble trying to get the towel to stay around the front or back of my head. Any suggestions? Am I doing it wrong?

How do you secure the towel? Do you just tuck it in? Or do you tie the ends in a knot, or use a hair elastic to hold it in place?
    2/3a mix

Shampoo-free since 09/04
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I pull the ends back and use an elastic to hold it - just like a ponytail.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    CurlyinColorado forgive me for this but you just struck me funny this morning so I'm going to quote you here:

"I never travel without something to plop in.":tongue3:

:hello1:

I flip my head over, twist the (cloth diaper) ends tightly and use a claw clip to keep the ends together in the back. It took some practice.
    2b/3a.