Seeking advice for my gray 2B hair (color)

ColbyCurlsColbyCurls Posts: 8Registered Users
Its been a while since I have been here and I am thrilled to see a 2B dedicated board!!! After seeing most of your pics I am now positive this is the club for me!!!!

I have just beyond my shoulders very very dark brown (almost black) irish curls. I tend to get flat on top and recently grew out all my bangs. I switched a new hairdressers who has very nice curly hair her self and she convinced me to snip some long bangs back in (I LOVE it!!) For the first time I can actually wear my hair not pulled back! And when I do I get that nice spiral that hangs near my face... anyway.... I tried CG about a year ago but it just was not working for me.

I have gray (well white) hair - a lot of it. I am total salt and pepper if I dont color it. I would go S&P but my whites are wild. The color just calms them down - so its very necessary.

Its finding a shampoo that is safe for color that I have trouble with. I have been using Tigi Bedhead Honey and Oatmeal Treatment S & C for years now with occasional Purology .... not sure the name...but its a clarifier. I would love to try the Sauves, and Trader Joes, etc... but I do not think they are color safe. I guess I always wonder if I could find something that gives my curls some enhancing. I also think I could be hydrating my hair more with a better condish. I am sure I am using ones that have silicones. But again I need color safe.

Anyone else out there find a good solution for this 'white/gray' problem??

I am sure I have MANY other questions - but will start with this one!!

OH and I plopped for the first time the other day and it was SO COOL! Had a great hair day - and Second Day hair was awesome too!

Karen
ColbyCurls :)
2C/3A Botticelli with dark Irish curls. Lots of Gray hiding in there too! Use demipermenant color, all Deva products.

Comments

• LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi there Karen (my sister's name is Karen!),

How long did you try to go CG? Sometimes it takes a few weeks for your hair to respond. Alot of us on here have highlighted or colored hair and I don't recall much talk about products being color safe, not sure why. I use Suave (Humectant right now) to "wash" with. Then Elucence (the most recommended moisturizing condish around here) mixed with a little VO5 Milk Moistures Strawberries and Cream (LOVE the scent).

I would think most conditioners nowdays would be color safe even if they don't specifically say so. I hope some other gals can be of more help.

Welcome back to nc.com and don't forget to post your question on the 3A board and General board!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • ColbyCurlsColbyCurls Posts: 8Registered Users
    Thanks!

I will look into Elucence and ignore the 3a on my signature... that was from a year ago when I was not sure what I was!!

I did CG for about 2.5 months. I just felt... itchy and sweaty and dirty... I just do better with a cleaned scalp. I did try the suggested things (brown sugar, acv, etc.) but it just was not working. My curls were very ... clumpy? I lost all my nice ringlets. Just had big fat waves/clumps. (I should gather some pictures....)

I am glad to be back!!
    ColbyCurls :)
    2C/3A Botticelli with dark Irish curls. Lots of Gray hiding in there too! Use demipermenant color, all Deva products.
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use epsom salt when my scalp feels itchy :shock: ! I've found it also plumps up my hair, but you do have to use a conditioner afterwards. I just mix it in with "washing" conditioner and massage it with my fingertips for a few minutes. Rinse and then condition. Works like a charm for me :D .

I don't remember how long it took for my hair to respond to going CG. I never did have the dirty feeling, thank goodness!

Would love to see pics!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file