UPDATE: Makeup Counter Vent

RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I just have to vent for a minute because I am aggravated. I was in search of some new eyeshadow so I headed off to the Prescriptives counter at Macy's yesterday. I got there a little before noon and there was no one at the counter. I waited around for a few minutes and several people at other counters saw me but did not offer any assistance or tell me where the Prescriptives person was. So I went off into the mall to do a little shopping. On my way back out of the mall at 12:30 I checked again. Still no one at the counter. I was a little aggravated but thought the person must be on a meal break (although why you would take one at the busiest part of the day is beyond me). So I went back to Macy's at 20 minutes to 5. Still no one at the counter. I finally get the attention of a person at another counter who tells me the Presciptives person is on her dinner break and won't be back until 5:15 or so. I have no desire to wait around and this other person can not help me because she is not familiar with the Presciptives line. So I leave and head to another mall by my house (once I get something in mind I just want to do it). I go into that Macy's which by this time is almost 6pm. No person at that counter either :x Now I am really annoyed. So I head off to Dillards to see if perhaps I can get some service from that store. Thankfully there is a person at that counter although she was busy doing a makeover. She said she would be about 20 minutes so I waited around and then was finally able to get what I wanted, which ended up totaling over $100 (yes I bought more than eyeshadow :D I needed a couple other things too and she was very helpful!) I am so aggravated with Macy's that I don't think I will go back there to shop anymore. I understand that they have to take meal breaks too but could they at least put up a sign that says when they will return or at least have someone from another counter keep an eye out to let people know when that person will return (I thought they were supposed to but apparently not) . Anyway....I sent a complaint to both Prescriptives and Macy's. I don't know if they will do anything about it but I thought they should know.

So that is my vent. I feel better now :D
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Comments

• desdemonadesdemona Posts: 11Registered Users
    I have had this problem at prescriptives too rednatural. But I'm not close to a nordstrom's. It was at belk and a hecht's. All my makeup counter experiences have been bad lately. Pretty much anyone I encounter doesn't have any helpful suggestions. Even Mac (sorry, sorry guys :lol: ). They just really don't seem to know anything about color. And my question is usually pretty easy--can you recommend a good lipstick color for me? And MAC, I bought the wrong foundation color twice there. And a prescriptives person said I was a yellow orange. But I'm a blue red.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    MAC and Prescriptives are both owned by the Lauder Corporation and you can write to their customer service departments through their websites.

RNC, also write to Macy's.

there's no excuse for poor service.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    MAC and Prescriptives are both owned by the Lauder Corporation and you can write to their customer service departments through their websites.

I did not know that so I will look into contacting them too. I did send a complaint both through the Macy's site and the Presciptives site. We are having phone issues at home so I haven't been able to see my email yet to see if they responded (we have blockers on email at work :( ).
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I did hear back from both Prescriptives and Macys. Prescriptives apologized and said they will look into it. Kind of a generic response I think. However Macy's on the other hand said they passed the info on to the store manager of that store and that she would be contacting me. And yes she did! I got a letter in the mail from her yesterday with an apology and a $25 gift card to use in the store. How neat was that! :D They promised they would address the issue with the employees for that area. I thought that was very nice that they truly listened to my concerns.
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    RNC - I think it's great you got a response and fabulous you got a gift certificate!
    ________
    PERFEKTBABY
  • BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    I did hear back from both Prescriptives and Macys. Prescriptives apologized and said they will look into it. Kind of a generic response I think. However Macy's on the other hand said they passed the info on to the store manager of that store and that she would be contacting me. And yes she did! I got a letter in the mail from her yesterday with an apology and a $25 gift card to use in the store. How neat was that! :D They promised they would address the issue with the employees for that area. I thought that was very nice that they truly listened to my concerns.

I got bad service at Macy's before and complained. I got $25 also :)
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file