tooth enamel

curlygirly419curlygirly419 Posts: 36Registered Users
So going along with a few threads I just saw about the dentist... I have bad acid reflux (along with other stomach related problems) for as long as I can remember, however it has gotten really bad over the last couple of months (my last check up my teeth were perfect). I went to the dentist yesterday morning just for normal cleaning and he freaked out over how thin my front four teeth were due to enamel erosion caused by the acid and vomiting.

I find myself completely stressed out and obsessive over it now as they told me I can't reverse it and it is pretty advanced for someone my age, yadda yadda. They gave me some fluoride and all and told me to use sensitive toothpaste and get my doc to prescribe me stronger medicine but is there really not ANYTHING that can be done?

I'm stressin' hard over this as I don't want my teeth to get any worse or end up having to deal with crowns and what not. Anyone have this problem?

Oh :shaking:
3a hair

*Fate exists but it can only take you so far, once you're there its up to you to make it happen*
*You shouldn't have to sacrifice who you are just because somebody else has a problem with it. - Sex and the City*

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 69Registered Users
    Read the testimonials on Mag oil from this whttp://www.health-and-wisdom.com/mag_test.htmebsite.

I know that a lot of women over on the T-Tapp website have reported miraculous things about their teeth and gum health by using mag oil and tooth powder from this website.

My teeth were in good shape when I started this regimen of Mag oil and tooth powder. I brushed my teeth with these 2 things twice/day for 3 months. When I went for my teeth cleaning, the dental asst. only scraped 2 teeth because the rest of my teeth didn't have any plaque on them at all. I don't and never will use regular toothpaste ever again. :toothy7:

My mom had very yellow teeth, but now after 2 months of this regimen, her teeth are as white as can be. And her gums are bright pink.

Give Joan a call after you read the testimonials on her website - mosy of which are from T-Tappers, I think. She is a naturopath....and so FULL of knowledge and not ful of BS.

There was a 50 something paged thread on the T-Tapp website about Mag oil and the benefits folks have been getting by using it...but the whole thread was accidentally deleted by a T-Tapp monitor yesterday. I know there are some T-Tappers here on NC. Maybe someone will chime in on this thread if they've used the Mag oil on their teeth....or anywhere on their body. Cynaminbear???
  • toothfairytoothfairy Posts: 242Registered Users
    So going along with a few threads I just saw about the dentist... I have bad acid reflux (along with other stomach related problems) for as long as I can remember, however it has gotten really bad over the last couple of months (my last check up my teeth were perfect). I went to the dentist yesterday morning just for normal cleaning and he freaked out over how thin my front four teeth were due to enamel erosion caused by the acid and vomiting.

I find myself completely stressed out and obsessive over it now as they told me I can't reverse it and it is pretty advanced for someone my age, yadda yadda. They gave me some fluoride and all and told me to use sensitive toothpaste and get my doc to prescribe me stronger medicine but is there really not ANYTHING that can be done?

I'm stressin' hard over this as I don't want my teeth to get any worse or end up having to deal with crowns and what not. Anyone have this problem?

Oh :shaking:

you can't fix what's been done unfortunately. to slow further damage, I'd say rinse your mouth after you vomit with baking soda in water (don't swallow, you'll throw up) to neutralize the acidity. rinsing your mouth with water frequently is also not a bad idea.

you really should have your doctor prescribe something stronger, though.
  • KCLKCL Posts: 1,663Registered Users
    There's a product called GC tooth moose that's supposed to help teeth remineralize and strengthen enamel. It usually isn't available to the public just through dental offices but I found one place that offers it. It's at dentist.net

They also have some remineralizing toothpastes, maybe those would help.

I've read that normal toothpaste makes remineralization more difficult because it leaves a residue of glycerine on your teeth and the minerals in your saliva can't reach your teeth as well.

good luck
    If there were more people on earth who desired their own happiness more than the unhappiness of others we would have a paradise ~ Bertrand Russell
  • KCLKCL Posts: 1,663Registered Users
    The new name for the GC tooth moose is MI paste.

Do a google search regarding what it is supposed to do with for your enamel. You should be able to find the company brochure and an explanation of some of the studies they've done with the product.
    If there were more people on earth who desired their own happiness more than the unhappiness of others we would have a paradise ~ Bertrand Russell
  • KindredGhost1983KindredGhost1983 Posts: 1,187Registered Users
    How about veneers? They can get expensive but talk with your dentist about them.

Also ask your dentist if he can prescribe home fluoride treatments for your teeth
    Curlies add me on myspace!

www.myspace.com/agilruth

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file